Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2020, 12:47 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
If you have a house in the city and a cabin "up north" that is one thing, your home is in the city. A stay at home order should keep you there. However if you do not have a house anywhere and live in a RV, your home is where you park it. There is a difference. In essence we are just going home. Besides, they cannot keep you from your own property.
Cottonwood rv park in Columbia Mo. is a nice park if that’s the one you’re going to stop at.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2020, 01:10 PM   #58

Quote:
Besides, they cannot keep you from your own property.

I think "they" can do whatever they want. Who is going to stop them? You can only hope that "they" don't decide to close your RV park or at least let people who "live" there stay. If there is a governor's order against use of seasonal property, you may have to appeal to local authorities not to enforce it strictly.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:25 PM   #59

For those who think all travel is proscribed, here is a link from the Center For Disease control:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...in-the-us.html

It does not appear that they think ALL travel is inappropriate. There may be states with restrictions, but the reality of RV travel is that it can involve very limited personal contact compared to other modes. Less than people who are sheltering in place and going for takeout every day.

We know that. But it doesn't really matter what we know or think.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:36 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Dare County NC

Quote:
If you have a house in the city and a cabin "up north" that is one thing, your home is in the city. A stay at home order should keep you there. However if you do not have a house anywhere and live in a RV, your home is where you park it. There is a difference. In essence we are just going home. Besides, they cannot keep you from your own property.
Dare County NC banned property owners from their property if it is not their primary residence by using their driver's license as proof. Hope yours reflect where you are headed. The owners pay the same property taxes as anyone else that owns property there. The authorities certainly kept people from their own property, while permitting others to freely come and go. If there was a huge health risk, why was anyone permitted to leave and comeback?
dbircky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:26 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbircky View Post
Dare County NC banned property owners from their property if it is not their primary residence by using their driver's license as proof. Hope yours reflect where you are headed. The owners pay the same property taxes as anyone else that owns property there. The authorities certainly kept people from their own property, while permitting others to freely come and go. If there was a huge health risk, why was anyone permitted to leave and comeback?

The key there is "not their primary residence". Our drivers licenses reflect a mail box. We travel in our primary residence. I think we would have a very strong argument.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:29 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Cottonwood rv park in Columbia Mo. is a nice park if that’s the one you’re going to stop at.
Yes, we are staying at Cottonwood. From Google Earth is looks nice. It's also away from the interstate.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:31 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdadof5 View Post
If you are coming thu Bakersfield the orange grove has plenty of room.
Nice to know, thank you. We stayed there twice, coming and going. Good people, nice place.
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 03:00 PM   #64

Quote:
Yes, we are staying at Cottonwood. From Google Earth is looks nice. It's also away from the interstate.
Yep 2-3 miles North. Columbia is a nice town, university of Mo.
Unless you just want to go to K.C. You can continue North on hwy 63 up to hwy 36 and take it West to get on I-35 at Cameron.
I-70 was closed at the I-435 overpass for removal of the overpass when I was there a month ago. I-35 also runs back NE from K.C. To Cameron.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 03:02 PM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
Im in Quartzsite still been here since January staying another month or more
best park in the city by far and its $200 month plus electric. they have everything including 50 amp. Car wash. pull thurs, oil draining pit, tennis courts, pool, spa, pressure washer, Great wifi. everything except grass. And they dont care if you wash your motorhome. Plenty space available. of course every one it town it cheap and hardly anyone here but BLM areas have lots still out there, at $6 a night plus electric not sure why there are camped out there but cost more than that running a gen every day cause it is warn during the day time today 77 nights 50 or better
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:31 PM   #66

I wanna go back to our little RV site in northern Minnesota. Where the Perch, and the Walleye, and the Lutefisk go swimming by. ( to the tune of "My Little Grass Shack in Kealakekua, Hawaii")
Old 04-14-2020, 09:08 PM   #67

Angry FMCA makes poor decisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
We had a tour to Washington DC through Fantasy RV Tours and FMCA. They said that they postponed the tour to later dates. We asked about a refund since we do not know if their new dates will work for us since they are so far out and they said they would refund our money except for $600.00 for canceling. This will be the last time we use them.
FMCA has been treating every member poorly since the virus broke out. You could have been one of the Tuscon people that were told not to cancel because FMCA would do the right thing.... they issued a voucher for a future event.
Escapees RV Club issued a full refund for their canceled event. I now know where the better group works and plays.
jtinagero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 05:30 AM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I wanna go back to our little RV site in northern Minnesota. Where the Perch, and the Walleye, and the Lutefisk go swimming by. ( to the tune of "My Little Grass Shack in Kealakekua, Hawaii")

Sounds wonderful! For future reference, where is this special place? I’ve never been to Minnesota and it is on my bucket list. Thanks
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 05:50 AM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtinagero View Post
FMCA has been treating every member poorly since the virus broke out. You could have been one of the Tuscon people that were told not to cancel because FMCA would do the right thing.... they issued a voucher for a future event.
Escapees RV Club issued a full refund for their canceled event. I now know where the better group works and plays.
Saw posted that Fantasy Tours was keeping a $600. cancellation fee. I was surprised to hear that. Probably a company that I would never book with after hearing that. After this experience I am sure many of us will really ask what the cancellation policies are, I know I will.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 09:49 AM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
The key there is "not their primary residence". Our drivers licenses reflect a mail box. We travel in our primary residence. I think we would have a very strong argument.
"Besides, they cannot keep you from your own property." This was the phrase I was referring to. Dare County has kept people from their own property. There's this little thing called the 5th Amendment. 1922 Supreme Court under Chief Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, held that if a regulation went "too far," it could constitute a taking that would require just compensation by the government. When a local government permits some property owners to freely come and go, but restricts others - the government has committed a "taking". There is also the little matter of the 14th Amendment, and equal protection under the law. All property owners are not being treating on an equal basis.

I am glad your personal situation allows you to (hopefully) travel to your "home" base. As a person who owns property in a couple of states, I'll freely travel where and when I please to maintain those properties. I spent too many years with a high and tight to live otherwise.
dbircky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rv park