Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2022, 08:00 PM   #1

RV Park near Zion

Has anyone stayed here before that may be able to give me a review. My Daughter and grandson are planning a trip this October to Zion to hike the Narrows. I thought it might be fun to meet them out there.

https://www.zionriverresort.com/
T_Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2022, 08:47 PM   #2

We did drive past that park a few times this summer. Looked nice enough.
We stayed in St. George. There are a couple of options there if you can’t get into that one.
Pretty spectacular park no matter where you stay.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 08:56 PM   #3

I stayed there for a week in late Sept. 2019. I really liked the park and the people that worked there. Everything was nice, neat, and clean, including the showers. There is a bit of road noise and the Verizon signal strength was marginal at best. At the time, I had to go a couple miles down the road to get good signal strength, but that was over 2 years ago. It’s about 10-15 mins from the park if I remember correctly. I would definitely stay there again!
Kxbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 10:24 PM   #4

Amy & I stayed at Zion River Resort several years ago. We liked it and would stay there again if we were in that area.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 04:34 AM   #5

The grand Plataeu in Kanab is nice also
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 04:35 AM   #6

We stayed there this past Sept while visiting Z.N.P. If I'm not mistaken, it is an "older" RV park, but has been modernized and is very clean, well manicured, and beautiful. The spot we had, as well as every site that I saw was fully paved from the entrance to the exit end of the site....and I'm talking concrete, not gravel. The roads are all paved as well. The one issue that I had was that the roads are not as wide as they really need to be for big rigs. I have a Momentum Toy Hauler that is about 44' tip to tail, plus a Dually truck with an 8' bed. The truck and the trailer both fit into the site without hanging out in the roadway at all, but when it came time to leave, there really wasn't quite enough width to the road to allow me to pull far enough forward before starting my turn. Fortunately, the campsite across the road from me had been vacated earlier that morning and I was able to pull forward enough, slightly into that site, and then start my turn to get out of mine. So basically, what I'm saying is that it's a great RV park and I would likely stay there again, but with the understanding that it might be a little tight if you are towing a large trailer behind a longbed truck.
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 07:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
The grand Plataeu in Kanab is nice also
Grand Plateau does look nice. However I may be pulling an enclosed trailer with our 2 Indian Chieftain Motorcycles with us and looking at the pictures it appears to be all dirt and gravel at Grand Plateau. The concrete and paved roads at Zion River Resort appeal to me for the two street motorcycles.
T_Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 08:26 AM   #8

WillowWind in Hurricane is great if you can get a spot. Also, Temple View in St George. We've stayed at both, numerous times.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 08:26 AM   #9

They are all like this....
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 08:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Roy View Post
Grand Plateau does look nice. However I may be pulling an enclosed trailer with our 2 Indian Chieftain Motorcycles with us and looking at the pictures it appears to be all dirt and gravel at Grand Plateau. The concrete and paved roads at Zion River Resort appeal to me for the two street motorcycles.
Yes, all gravel and windy when we were there last summer. Not to mention HOT!
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 10:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
WillowWind in Hurricane is great if you can get a spot. Also, Temple View in St George. We've stayed at both, numerous times.
Amy & I have stayed at WillowWind. It's a nice park, but "heavily treed" doesn't begin to describe it.

As you can see in the first photo below, the trees in most of the park have been allowed to grow into each other, such that most of the sites are in total shade all the time. When we were there, I had to get a maintenance guy to cut a couple of low-hanging branches just so I could get in the site without the branches dragging on our roof. Satellite TV? Not a chance.

They do have a few sites at the south end of the park, which I believe are newer. A few of those sites have no trees. The rest have trees, but the trees are not quite as mature as those elsewhere in the park.

Zion River Resort (second photo below) has trees as well, but you can actually see the sky from most of the sites.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WillowWind RV Park.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	352793   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zion River RV Resort.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	352794  

LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:58 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It is very nice and convenient to park but it is tight and limited number of spaces convenient for 45 ft. It is very popular so advance reservations needed in season. I could not get a space in Sep even though I tried months in advance. Stayed there years ago in a smaller coach and it was great.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rv park