Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2016, 02:19 PM   #15

If you decide to go with a unit that requires power from the toad, why spend money on chargers, batteries, etc. all you need to do is run a fused wire from the mh to the toad to charge the battery on the toad. There's an unused 12 volt terminal in the seven pin plug. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2016, 02:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtermini30 View Post
As respects to your concern about the battery my friend places one of the jump start type units on the passenger floor and plugs in the 12 bolt adapter into it. He says the battery needs to be topped off upon arrival, however, zero impact on the automobile battery. I thought it was genius.
That's what I do and it works great. If I recall correctly it was RVibrake tech support that suggested this plan to me.

I am about to purchase a new second vehicle and will be using that as a toad sometimes. My RVi brake and my Towmate wireless will move easily between the two vehicles.
Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
avid_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:46 PM   #17

Stan;
I just have to echo brobox's recommendation in favor of entirely mechanical toad brake systems. I looked at all options, and, for the money, ease of use and limited intrusiveness, the Ready Brute Elite tow bar/brake system has no equal. I have been using it from day one and it is flawless. Last week, we made two, 9-10 hour drives, with stops, to Southern California and back, never switched from "tow mode," and my F150's battery didn't flinch. No need to power anything, or use the coach's air system. Just a thought from a total newbie.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:54 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xbear View Post
Stan;
I just have to echo brobox's recommendation in favor of entirely mechanical toad brake systems. I looked at all options, and, for the money, ease of use and limited intrusiveness, the Ready Brute Elite tow bar/brake system has no equal. I have been using it from day one and it is flawless. Last week, we made two, 9-10 hour drives, with stops, to Southern California and back, never switched from "tow mode," and my F150's battery didn't flinch. No need to power anything, or use the coach's air system. Just a thought from a total newbie.
HI Fred,
Just wondering, does your Ready Brute surge brake activate when traveling downhill using the coach engine brake only?

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
HI Fred,

Just wondering, does your Ready Brute surge brake activate when traveling downhill using the coach engine brake only?

Sammie

Not at all. I used the engine brake quite a bit during this trip, and the surge brake does not activate, unless you further reduce your speed with the coach brakes, and then only momentarily.
Old 04-02-2016, 02:15 AM   #20

I've had the system in my 2014 Ford Edge and like it a lot. It is quick and easy to install when needed (less than 2 minutes).

Our Edge does not need the battery disconnected and we have a power feed from the coach to the toad which keeps the toad battery fully charged.

I would buy this unit again.
stoners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:40 AM   #21

RVIbrake2

I am very happy with my RVIBrake2. Easy to install and remove. Be sure to get the Towed Battery charger. That way you don't have to worry about drained batteries. Sometimes the Toad will drain the battery in addition to the braking system.

I also got the Tire pressure sensors for my Toad. These work well, but you need to follow the instructions carefully when doing the install for the first time.
i.e.
1: Install braking system
2: activate TPMS from control panel
3: Then screw sensors onto tires.
4: sensors will link after 30 to 45 seconds

If you just put the sensors on the tires and then install the system it will not link to them properly. After they are linked, you don't have to do anything special the next time you use the system.

They have excellent customer service.

Regards,

Jerry
2013 Newmar Bay Star 3002 - 2004 Toyota Tacoma
JerryP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake