Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
RViBrake3

At the FMCA rally in Perry GA we talked with the people from RVi and looked at their RViBrake3 ... anyone have any experience with it?
BiVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2018, 03:58 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We use it towing our F150 behind our 2017 Anthem. Set up is quick and easy. It works great. We like the tablet as well because it integrates with their tire pressure monitoring system. Highly recommend.
Samuise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:51 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Nice ... I got the tire pressure gauges and tablet with the idea of getting the brake later ... now we are ready for the brake and just wanted more input to make sure we were doing the right thing ... Thanks
BiVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:35 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
We're very pleased with the RVi Brake 3. We just added the Tire Patrol.
RLH241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:27 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We had an RVI2 Brake on our Honda it worked good. When we update to our 2017 Tahoe we went with the M&G system. Wow, the M&G is awesome and you do not have to move anything in and out. I also worried about the system getting stolen.
2017 Chevrolet Tahoe, M&G Braking, Blue Ox Avail
gswindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:36 PM   #6

I previously had a Brake Buddy ans sold it w my old toad. Set a newer CRV up for towing and went w the RVi3 and have been very pleased.
EZ install light wt and compact.
A winner for a removable proportional unit.
Permanent air systems have some advantages, disadvantages and additional costs.
If you want or are OK w placeing / removing the unit it's a good option.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:03 AM   #7

Pasted in below is a write-up on towed-vehicle braking systems I did awhile back for someone who asked. I don’t expect everyone to agree with everything it says – I’m providing it here for what it may be worth.

Dead Pedal Braking versus Power Braking

Some of the systems on the market energize the towed vehicle’s power brakes while others do not. Those that don’t obviously have to push harder on the towed vehicle’s brake pedal to provide any meaningful stopping assistance.

I’ve never owned a dead pedal braking system and don’t intend to. I’m not implying they don’t work, just that I prefer braking systems that energize the towed vehicle’s power brakes.

Inertia Activation versus In-Synch Activation

Many towed vehicle braking systems, probably the majority of them, rely on an inertia (deceleration) sensor or surge detection to trigger activation of the towed vehicle’s brakes. Other systems tap into the air brake system of diesel motorhomes and are able to apply the towed vehicle’s brakes exactly in synch with the application of the motorhome’s brakes.

I’ve owned and used both types. While the delay associated with the inertia activated systems is very slight, it is nonetheless true that those systems cannot and do not apply the towed vehicle’s brakes quite as quickly as the in-synch systems. As such, I have a personal preference for in-synch systems. That said, there are several very good inertia-based towed vehicle braking systems on the market.

Portable versus Permanent

Some towed vehicle braking systems are portable and can easily be moved from one vehicle to another. These systems typically require little or no upfront installation work, but have the disadvantage of having to be put in place each time you’re ready to tow and removed each time you want to drive the towed vehicle. Other systems are more permanently installed. These systems require more time and effort upfront, but once installed the time to hook up for towing and to unhook for driving is very minimal.

I’ve owned both types and have come to prefer the more permanent systems, simply because of the reduced time and effort they require once installed.

Conclusions

In my opinion, the best towed vehicle braking systems energize the towed vehicle’s power brakes, operate in-synch with the application of the motorhome’s brakes, and are permanently installed, thereby minimizing the time and effort required to hook up and unhook. One such system is the very popular Air Force One from SMI (now part of Demco). M&G Engineering also offers systems that meet those criteria. The BrakeMaster system from RoadMaster is similar, but does require an activation cylinder to be installed for towing and removed for driving.

SMI’s Stay-In-Play Duo is a very good inertia activation system that energizes the towed vehicle’s power brakes and is permanently installed, thereby by minimizing hook up and unhook time.

Among the portable, dead-pedal, inertia activation systems, the RVI Brake is one of the best and easiest to use in my opinion.

For more info:

SMI Air Force One – http://www.demco-products.com/rv-towing ... -force-one

M&G Engineering – M & G Engineering - Car Braking Systems: Home Page

RoadMaster BrakeMaster – http://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/b ... ake_m.html

SMI Stay-In-Play Duo – http://www.demco-products.com/rv-towing ... n-play-duo

RVI Brake – http://www.rvibrake.com
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake