Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2014, 09:18 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by taraf View Post
I ordered and installed mine, what a difference. Huge reduction in outside noise. Be sure to install the riser bracket, it just sits on the wire box to keep the cover from coming loose and hitting the fan. I used a little loctite on all screws.

Tom
2014 Anthem 44DLQ
Glad you had the same results I did. It is warming up as we've headed East and I have listened to other a/c units in the parks. I think I have one of the quietest units now. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #44

Ford Super Duty Owner
fan kit

what is the price of these i have seen prices posted from a low of $16 to
a high of $54 i need to order two of these kits so where to order from
and cost thanks
kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:28 PM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Mine was about $54 for all three units, shipped to my house.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:56 PM   #46

Ford Super Duty Owner
hi dave thats $18 each can you send me the imfo where you ordered
from and part #s thanks john
kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:03 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom View Post
hi dave thats $18 each can you send me the imfo where you ordered
from and part #s thanks john
From the original poster:
The new fan kit can be purchased for about $18 each directly from RVP. Three kits are needed of course for our Entegras. The part number is 1472B5041 and the kit includes the new blade and a support bracket. It is very easy to install. You will need a T-25 Torx bit and about 5 minutes per AC unit. RVP service can be reached at (316) 832-4357. Noel
Old 07-27-2014, 06:31 AM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
I called Airxcel as per the posting. Follow the tech support prompts. Once you get to the right number explain what you want. The answering voicemail sort of discourages retail buyers but just navigate around it and you eventually talk to someone who will take your credit card info. The first fan is $18 + shipping then the other two fans are thrown in the same box. The total was around $54.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
When you order your fan kits it might be worth asking RVP if they will include an additional spacer washer with each kit. Your existing fans already have a washer that is located under the fan hub, but sometimes a second washer is needed to raise the new blade a bit to clear the electrical box.

Even if you don't need the washer to clear the electrical box, there is another reason the washer might be needed. I just checked my new fans (installed now for about 6 weeks) and they were slightly loose.

If you look at the photo below, the motor shaft is just a tad higher than the fan hub. The top washer (not shown, but it is the one under the screw that holds the fan in place) is supposed to hold the fan blade firmly. Mine were not, leaving a slight wiggle in the blade. Adding the additional washer under the fan hub fixed that.

The washers should also be available at a good hardware store.

The photo below shows the fan blade removed and the motor shaft with the original washer.

Rob
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:16 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Would be great if Entegra and RVP worked out a deal where they could simply ship the required fans out to owners who needed them at no cost.

That would probably help the over stock situation

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #51

When you order your fan kits it might be worth asking RVP if they will include an additional spacer washer with each kit. Your existing fans already have a washer that is located under the fan hub, but sometimes a second washer is needed to raise the new blade a bit to clear the electrical box.

Even if you don't need the washer to clear the electrical box, there is another reason the washer might be needed. I just checked my new fans (installed now for about 6 weeks) and they were slightly loose.

If you look at the photo below, the motor shaft is just a tad higher than the fan hub. The top washer (not shown, but it is the one under the screw that holds the fan in place) is supposed to hold the fan blade firmly. Mine were not, leaving a slight wiggle in the blade. Adding the additional washer under the fan hub will take of that.

Definitely add the second washer. Noel
Old 08-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #52

Voltdoc, I finally got around to installing the 3 fans. I used a 1/8 washer which gave me enough clearance. Thanks for all the advice. It really does make a difference but you were not kidding it has a slight hummm. Way more quite.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
Voltdoc, I finally got around to installing the 3 fans. I used a 1/8 washer which gave me enough clearance. Thanks for all the advice. It really does make a difference but you were not kidding it has a slight hummm. Way more quite.
That's great Mike! We are happy with ours too. Kudos to RVP for identifying the problem and coming up with a solution, but it makes you wonder why they don't just make the quieter fan standard on newly shipping units? I doubt there are many RV owners who would prefer the noisier fans. Guess they figure it's an additional revenue stream. It would be nice too if Entegra and the other coach makers would order future product with the quiet fan.

Hope your trip is going well and fires and weather have not been an issue.

Rob & Linda
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:05 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
That's great Mike! We are happy with ours too. Kudos to RVP for identifying the problem and coming up with a solution, but it makes you wonder why they don't just make the quieter fan standard on newly shipping units? I doubt there are many RV owners who would prefer the noisier fans. Guess they figure it's an additional revenue stream. It would be nice too if Entegra and the other coach makers would order future product with the quiet fan.

Hope your trip is going well and fires and weather have not been an issue.

Rob & Linda
According to Entegra RVP is now installing the new fans. Noel
Old 08-07-2014, 11:10 PM   #55

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post

Mike,
Do you have the specifications of the washer? I'm planning on installing the fans.

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:33 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Mike,
Do you have the specifications of the washer? I'm planning on installing the fans.

Wmpbauer
I took the one washer off of the fan unit, went to ACE Hardware (great selection of nuts bolts) and matched up a washer. I used the original one then put a nylon 1/8 inch washer on top of that one. That gave me enough clearance. The other alternative was to loosen the 3 nuts that hold on the motor and raise them 1/8 but the nylon washer worked. Pat a lot of people did not need a washer so you may not need one. The opening of the washer may be a 7/16, if you have the replacement fan in hand you can go by that.

Read Voltdoc, if you don't put a washer his fan wobbled. I had clearance issues that is why I put the washer on.

I can really tell the difference when the coach is in one of my storage bays or my shop and running the A/C. It is worth the retro fit.

Tags
fan