Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2014, 07:28 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Mike,
Do you have the specifications of the washer? I'm planning on installing the fans.

Wmpbauer
Pat, are your a/c units from RVP? I'm not sure when Entegra switched over, but if your filters are behind the mirrors they aren't Coleman. On the other hand I'm sure you already know that. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #58

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
I have the Coleman Mach from Airxcel/RVP. I plan to install the fans at Redmond FMCA Rally.

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #59

Just changed the fans on my MH. With all three running, it is no louder than just one of the old fans. Great easy fix. Added a washer under blade as per other posts. I pulled 8 mud dauber nests out of my rear ac. Not sure what to do about them!!!
MS DELTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #60

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Fan blades installed! Got 3 kits for $50 at the FMCA Rally in Redmond...one hour installation time. Awesome decrease in sound both outside and INSIDE too!

Great mod!
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
Having the Anthem home for the first time to load for a trip....DW got up this morning and thought the MH was running the A/C fans were so loud. This is a must have mod and will be ordered as soon as we return from the Keys. I knew they were loud in the hanger, but in my driveway....almost as bad.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:14 PM   #62

how is the performance better worse, the same thx,
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #63

I wonder if the Cornerstone I'm picking up this week will have the new or old fan blades. Unless Entegra has a just-in-time inventory system for their AC units, it will probably have the old design.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
how is the performance better worse, the same thx,
According to RVP they move somewhat more air through the condenser, but I doubt you can tell any difference in day to day performance. I can't tell any difference except noise. Noel
Old 08-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
I wonder if the Cornerstone I'm picking up this week will have the new or old fan blades. Unless Entegra has a just-in-time inventory system for their AC units, it will probably have the old design.
Based on what I read here, I'm not sure that Coleman is planning to change the fan blades on the factory units.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:01 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Based on what I read here, I'm not sure that Coleman is planning to change the fan blades on the factory units.
Gary, according to Entegra RVP is installing the new style fans on current units. Noel
Old 08-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
hawgguy, a call to the A/C manufacture at the beginning of this post with the build date of your CS should be able to give you an answer or even Entegra. I hope you have the new blades, the six bladed fans are terrible. I didn't realize how bad they were until I paked it where my Travel Supreme was parked when being load and that MH you didn't even know the A/C's were on...outside. Inside was a different story.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:11 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
hawgguy, a call to the A/C manufacture at the beginning of this post with the build date of your CS should be able to give you an answer or even Entegra. I hope you have the new blades, the six bladed fans are terrible. I didn't realize how bad they were until I paked it where my Travel Supreme was parked when being load and that MH you didn't even know the A/C's were on...outside. Inside was a different story.
I'll wait until I pick it up this weekend and check my self before spending the money on blades I may not need. If it has the six-bladed fans, I can live with it for a week or so.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Mike,
Do you have the specifications of the washer? I'm planning on installing the fans.

Wmpbauer
Pat, the fan shaft is 1/2 in. I used a nylon washer 1/8 thick for the extra washer.
I will tell you this and take it for what it's worth. When I originally installed the fans I used just the original washers. It looked like I had plenty of clearance and everything worked great for a few days. Then suddenly the front a/c fan hit the shroud and I can tell you it wasn't pretty.. It ripped the fan motor off the mounts and completely destroyed the new fan. RVP sent me new mounts and a replacement fan which I replaced. There isn't anything that says to use the extra washer that I know off, but I wouldn't install the new fans without it. Noel
Old 08-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #70

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Pat, the fan shaft is 1/2 in. I used a nylon washer 1/8 thick for the extra washer.
I will tell you this and take it for what it's worth. When I originally installed the fans I used just the original washers. It looked like I had plenty of clearance and everything worked great for a few days. Then suddenly the front a/c fan hit the shroud and I can tell you it wasn't pretty.. It ripped the fan motor off the mounts and completely destroyed the new fan. RVP sent me new mounts and a replacement fan which I replaced. There isn't anything that says to use the extra washer that I know off, but I wouldn't install the new fans without it. Noel
Noel, I did mine and added no additional washers because it seemed to have plenty of clearance. Now I'm worried! What do you think changed on yours that caused it to start hitting when it orginally cleared. Also doesn't an additional washer put the fan that much closer to the shroud or cover?
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan