Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
True, but does require climbing on roof.!
Unless you have a long mirror!
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2014, 06:55 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Don't even have to take the shroud off. Just look through the openings, 3 large blades you've got the new style fans. Noel
Got on my roof for the first time today. 2 week old coach - recently off the line (I bought it before the dealer had time time to list it) - six blades to my fan. The noise does not bother me at all. Unless my wife complains, I'll leave it alone... Or I may not choose to share the fan upgrade info with her.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #101

Sadly, the replacement fan blade I put in lasted only 3 or 4 months! Heavy usage. But still, not long at all!

The blades started cracking away from the center disk, and the center disk is deformed. It looks like the plastic is doing one thing where the blades attach and another thing where there is no blade, just the center disk. Very much looks like a design issue. Either the physical design of it or the plastic isn't durable enough for the heat/cool that the unit experiences.
CA_Tallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tallguy View Post
Sadly, the replacement fan blade I put in lasted only 3 or 4 months! Heavy usage. But still, not long at all!

The blades started cracking away from the center disk, and the center disk is deformed. It looks like the plastic is doing one thing where the blades attach and another thing where there is no blade, just the center disk. Very much looks like a design issue. Either the physical design of it or the plastic isn't durable enough for the heat/cool that the unit experiences.
Entegra and RVP is working on this issue. Hopefully, they'll have fans in stock with the problem fixed in a month or two. See the thread started here by Rob, where you can enter your problem fans. Noel
Old 12-05-2014, 06:54 PM   #103

Entegra Owners Club
Noel, what is Entegra's stand on this? Will they warranty any part's that break due to the new replacement fan blades or will it all be on the fan blade vendor? Thanks.

Dave
Old 12-06-2014, 01:35 AM   #104

Thanks. I believe this is the link you are talking about so I'm posting it here so there is a convenient cross link for folks coming later.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/rvp-...an-225536.html
CA_Tallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:42 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
Noel, what is Entegra's stand on this? Will they warranty any part's that break due to the new replacement fan blades or will it all be on the fan blade vendor? Thanks.

Dave
Dave, I can't speak for Entegra, but I know they are on top of the problem. I have dealt directly with RVP, but I'm sure Entegra c/s would do the same. It's just easier, in this instantance, to talk directly to the horses head so to speak. Noel
Old 12-06-2014, 10:15 AM   #106

Entegra Owners Club
Hi all, I set up a separate thread for reporting any RVP MACH 8 3-blade fan failures or cracks in the blades:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/plea...re-228386.html

If you had a failure or inspected your fan and found cracks (even small ones), please report it at the link above. I have sent that link to Engineering at RVP and also to Entegra so this will give RVP/Entegra a single point to gather how many of us of seen the problem without wading thru all the other posts on this and other threads.

The thread above also has links to photos of where to look for the cracks and who to contact at RVP if you also want to report the failure directly.

So far I count four of us that have reported a catastrophic fan failure, but there are likely going to be more.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #107

Entegra Owners Club
Update from Airxcel regarding fan blade cracking

Phil Robinson at Airxcel was in touch again over the past few days with some new info. I've got to say Phil and the team there jumped right on this once they had hard evidence and have been super responsive and helpful. Kudos to RVP/Airxcel!

Reference to the fans by letter A, B, C, D is in regard to the letter in the middle of the part number, for example 1472B504 is a B fan.

The new "D" fan protoypes will be at Airxel by around 12/20. Once they have passed muster, full production will begin in Jan and they should be ready for delivery around the beginning of Feb. The "D" fan will have a beefed up hub structure and be made of the same glass filled nylon as the previous B and C fans.

The "A" fans were the original six blade models. Phil just mentioned to me that they have some of these back in stock if anyone wants to go back to them for the interim.

"B" fans are the first of the 3 blade quiet design and were produced up until about May it would appear. Unless you replaced your fan recently this is probably what you have.

With the "C" fans the embossed part number stays the same (1472B504) but there is a white sticker over it that says 1472C504. NOTE: "C" fans have a thicker top section and should NOT require the second washer underneath the hub that many of us needed to add with the "B" fans to keep them tight on the motor shaft. If you have a "C" fan you still need one washer under the hub but not two.

All the fans have a production date code - to see that you will need to remove the fan and look inside the hub. Embossed into the plastic you will see four "dials" with an arrow pointing at a number. One dial is the year (13-18), one is the month (1-12) and the other two indicate the day. Please indicate the date code if you are reporting cracked blades.

Phil told me date codes around 2/14 were "B" pre-production models. The fans I installed last June had a 2/14 date and at this point all of mine have failed or developed cracks. Of the last three fans I received all were "C" fans with dates of 6/14.

There was a theory that some of the "B" fans had a production issue involving over drying the fabrication material. here is the latest quote from Phil about that: "The theory of using over-dried nylon material seems to not be supported by what we know at this time."

In regard to the loosening rubber fan motor mounts - these are known as "fan isolators" here is a quote from Phil:
"The fan isolator installation was moved to position #2 on the assembly line several months ago, this allows the installer of the isolator a visual clue as to whether the serrated screw has backed out to any degree after installing the isolator. The incidence of Loose isolators has decreased markedly since then."

Bottom line is the "D" fans should be the final fix and should be available by Feb 2015
Old 12-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #108

Winnebago uses the same Coleman AC. Had the factory replace mine at the factory in Sept. Was even on there dime! I believe that they are at least 40% quiter!
Haven't noticed any separation. But will keep cking.
See sig.
John and Susan. New 2018 Chevrolet 2500 2 WHD . 6.6 Duramax 3.73 rearend. .4 door ,Short, Bed W/Topper. 2017 Grand Design 297 RSTS. Our rescue dog Annie. Still ,Full timing since 07-01-2011. No sticks and bricks.
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:42 PM   #109

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppopc View Post
Winnebago uses the same Coleman AC. Had the factory replace mine at the factory in Sept. Was even on there dime! I believe that they are at least 40% quiter!
Haven't noticed any separation. But will keep cking.
See sig.
Thanks for contributing and let us know if you find any problems! The more use your AC's get the sooner the problem will appear. If you haven't seen it yet this thread has some photos of what to look for.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/rvp-...an-225536.html

A fan I installed in June failed in Oct. The replacement fan is starting to show very small cracks as of yesterday.

Rob
Old 03-24-2015, 07:06 PM   #110

Did the revision D fan blade make it into production as predicted for February?
pattonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:16 PM   #111

Around 1st of March.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:04 AM   #112

Entegra Owners Club
While on the roof the other day, I checked my fan blades out of curiosity. We had been hearing a strange noise form the rear A/C unit when it was running. At first we thought it was a very faint alarm sounding somewhere in the rear of the coach. The next day, it sounded more like a flock of birds nesting in a tree for the night; faint but audible. Anyway, the rear A/C has the 6 bladed fan and the middle and front A/C units have the 3 bladed version. Will check today to see if I can identify the model/version on those.
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan