Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2015, 06:36 PM   #127

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, not sure on the exact size. Took the stock washer with when I went shopping and picked up the same size, except a little thicker, in a fiber washer. I put the fiber washer on the motor shaft first, then the stock washer against the fan blade. Hope this helps.

Dave
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2015, 06:43 PM   #128

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
Chuck - consider an LED upgrade for your AC fame. Spinning around, different colors - will make the overhead shots awesome. Just sayin'.
I am having a hard time finding the time to tackle the 2015 slide LED update....no more LED projects. I am afraid I am going to look like a space ship now if I turn them all on at once.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:31 AM   #129

Where do I look for the stamp to find out what blades are on the fans?
Can I tell without taking the fan blades off?
John and Susan. New 2018 Chevrolet 2500 2 WHD . 6.6 Duramax 3.73 rearend. .4 door ,Short, Bed W/Topper. 2017 Grand Design 297 RSTS. Our rescue dog Annie. Still ,Full timing since 07-01-2011. No sticks and bricks.
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:07 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppopc View Post
Where do I look for the stamp to find out what blades are on the fans?
Can I tell without taking the fan blades off?
If you have the mach 8 you may be able to see the numbers on top of the fan looking through the fan outlet. At the very worse all you have to do is take off the shroud and the number is stamped on top of the fan.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:35 PM   #131

Entegra Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1428618662.164443.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	90999 This is the new "D" three blade fan. If you have the old three blade fan it will have a "B" in the part number and will eventually crack. Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #132

Entegra Owners Club
Throwing this out to the masses, I was surprised to hear this.

I called RVP to order the D three bladed fans and talked to one of the head techs, Mike. He told me they changed to the 3 bladed fans to save money, not because of noise. He said the noise from the 6 bladed fans were caused by the shroud being tightened to tight with air guns pulling the shroud forward. He said that one the torque is taken off the shroud and centered over the fan blade, the noise difference in 2.5 decimals between the two fan blades. I don't know how much truth is in this, but he asked me to run my AC inside of the hanger with the shroud off, then on and centered over the blade to see if it made any difference. He did everything he could to talk me out of the D series fans. I don't know how much of this to believe, but I will try what he asked and see what happens.

I know with one AC running inside of the hanger, I have to turn the AC off to talk on the phone if I am outside troubleshooting a problem with Entegra.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:34 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Throwing this out to the masses, I was surprised to hear this.

I called RVP to order the D three bladed fans and talked to one of the head techs, Mike. He told me they changed to the 3 bladed fans to save money, not because of noise. He said the noise from the 6 bladed fans were caused by the shroud being tightened to tight with air guns pulling the shroud forward. He said that one the torque is taken off the shroud and centered over the fan blade, the noise difference in 2.5 decimals between the two fan blades. I don't know how much truth is in this, but he asked me to run my AC inside of the hanger with the shroud off, then on and centered over the blade to see if it made any difference. He did everything he could to talk me out of the D series fans. I don't know how much of this to believe, but I will try what he asked and see what happens.

I know with one AC running inside of the hanger, I have to turn the AC off to talk on the phone if I am outside troubleshooting a problem with Entegra.
Chuck, all due respect to Mike, but I think you'll find out he's full of hot air. I've had the shrouds off and on so many times all I have to do is put a ladder up and they automatically jump off and stand at attention. I've tightened them in several different ways and the three blade fans are still much quieter than the old ones. I think they do use the new fans on two different units so it probably is cost effective, but be that as it may the new fans are still quieter. Noel
Old 04-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #134

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Noel. I believe you and the others. I am just surprised that RVP would talk me out of purchasing new blades, it doesn't make any sense. It won't be the first time that I have not been told the whole truth regarding items on my MH. I am so grateful for getting the real stories on this forum.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #135

Entegra Owners Club
X2 what Noel said. Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:29 AM   #136

Entegra Owners Club
I thought about this more this morning and I think RVP does not want to admit to having ANY kind of fan problem.....just my thought. Look at all the problems with "A", "B" and "C" model fan blades. Why admit to anything now when you can blame the installer?

Kind of reminds me of the Aqua Hot pump motors and the story(s) I was given by AH.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:56 AM   #137

Quote:
I thought about this more this morning and I think RVP does not want to admit to having ANY kind of fan problem.....just my thought. Look at all the problems with "A", "B" and "C" model fan blades. Why admit to anything now when you can blame the installer?

Kind of reminds me of the Aqua Hot pump motors and the story(s) I was given by AH.
If you'll be close to Tampa I'll give you some fans and you can try them. They won't be D model though.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:04 AM   #138

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Noel, but I am going to order the D's and be done with it now that they are holding together. I really appreciate the offer, very kind of you.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:04 AM   #139

Quote:
Thanks Noel, but I am going to order the D's and be done with it now that they are holding together. I really appreciate the offer, very kind of you.
Call 316 832-3446 and talk to Eric, he'll send them to you. Noel
Old 04-11-2015, 09:54 AM   #140

Made it to the roof of my late 2014/early 2015 build Anthem and it has the black 3 bladed fan. Did not take the time to see if it is a C or a D, but noticed they were all three black 3 blades. People have asked for build dates and thought that this might help.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan