Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2022, 04:23 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Our poor Aspire has had 3 new windshields:
1 RV One (Albany) had it done at a Ford dealer which the use for ("body work) I was repaid by my insurance but had to pay RV1 $3900 for the job
2 Safelite had an auto glass shop do the job; he told me he got about $1200 for the job. It leaked
3 Last one took Safelite two months, to find a shop, which did a great …..job fixing all the voids left by the # 2 installer. He was also paid about $1200
We are satisfied with Safelite.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2022, 04:14 PM   #16

Do this…

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
This past winter I had Safelite in Jacksonville Fl install a new windshield. I forget who, but shortly after sharing it here someone warned me that they don't always do the right job with motorhomes.

Fast forward to my AIR and the windshield gasket was popping out. It turns out it was not installed with urethane or primer. Now Safelite is trying to cheap out on the fix. The coach is at S&S, Mark Becker is their windshield expert who notes that it needs to be removed and rest, but Safelite won't pay him. They I'm sure are worried he'll break it upon removal. Not my problem. It should be noted that S$S install all of Entegra's windshields for the factory

Anyway be warned, Do not use Safelite. I'll update the board once I resolve this
Go to their website, every C level is list there with email. Go to their FB page, post there.

Be clear, be specific.

They cracked my windshield, and local shop in TX wouldn’t do anything…

I put together a VERY solid case of exactly what happened, emailed it to about 6 people from their website, and posted to their FB page…

By 8 AM the next morning they were calling emailing, you name it.

They paid for a complete replacement, and I chose the installer, and they paid him directly.
acutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 05:21 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
We are on front glass number 3 since we have owned our Classic 2013 Anthem.

Each time the window cracked we called Geico which in turn is the broker and finds a local window company. Each time the window was repaired perfectly with no issues.

We did NOT just call safelight directly as they have an rv team dedicated to rv’s.

We had excellent service with them and they followed up every step of the way. In fact my front windshield was just replaced less than 10 days ago and safelight setup the company to come and install it.

We have nothing but respect for the RV safelight team that has always handled our coach with kid gloves.

JMHO
Old 09-20-2022, 05:35 PM   #18

I could not find a competent windshield dealer in Jacksonville - Safelite said they no longer do RV windshields. I ended up at Boyd's in St Augustine - strictly an RV windshield shop. Sadly, my windshield "popped out" on my summer trip - no one covers this under warranty. There is a lot of flex in RV frames and the right pothole will do it.
PeterFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 08:19 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Here is the phone number of the safelight rv side I spoke to just 2 weeks ago. (866) 686-2210.

They handle all of Geico rv windshield claims. You can NOT call safelight local stores directly as the will tell you they can not handle the job.
Old 09-21-2022, 08:51 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
another Safelite story

Safelite in the Atlanta area replaced the windshield in my Honda Element at my home. They installed the trim upside down and the windshield leaked terribly. I went to the Safelite shop to get it looked at. They immediately saw the problem, properly installed new trim, and reinstalled the windshield. They also were very apologetic, reimbursed the in the field install cost, and offered to buy me lunch. Very nice folks. Unfortunately my windshield continued to leak, just less so, and I no longer will use them.
Old 09-21-2022, 09:25 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
They have done fine by us.

They are large in many states. But in ohio I don't hear anything bad. Or could it be subcontractors. If I needed to replace my class "A" windshield I would not let anyone that was subcontracting it get my business.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 11:54 AM   #22

It would never cross my mind to call Safelite for repair or replacement of a windshield on any of the Entegra coaches with a full windshield (typical of an Anthem or Cornerstone).

I've had several replaced over the past 7 years and I will always go to a professional coach repair company such as NIRVC. NIRVC will not tackle a windshield replacement themselves but has relationships with glass replacement companies locally that are equipped to deal with a complicated and expensive windshield replacement such as on our coaches.

Not every tom - dick - or harry glass company operation is capable of doing this repair professionally.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:03 AM   #23

I have a crack in my 2020 Cornerstone's windshield. The least expensive quote I received from three Houston area was $4200. I don't have glass coverage and my comp deductible is $5000.

I was floored at the price
Old 10-02-2022, 02:11 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna View Post
I have a crack in my 2020 Cornerstone's windshield. The least expensive quote I received from three Houston area was $4200. I don't have glass coverage and my comp deductible is $5000.

I was floored at the price
Got an extended service contract by any chance?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 07:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Got an extended service contract by any chance?

Nope, I doubt that would that cover a windshield, but I guess there's a option for anything.
Old 10-02-2022, 08:16 PM   #26

Plain old insurance policies cover windshield replacement if you get that rider on your policy and it is a good insurance company that is used to covering Class A motor coaches. In ~ 8 years, I have had two windshields replaced on my Anthem and Cornerstone combined and I have paid zero dollars for either of the windshields or their installation which were covered 100% by my standard coach insurance policy.

Now, I pay extra to have the motorcoach windshields fully covered but it is nowhere near the cost of one windshield. I'm pretty sure that windshield coverage is just like all insurance coverage...... they average the cost over all the owners who want that upgrade and then calculate the probability percentage of needing a windshield replaced and then spread that upcharge across all owners with that additional coverage and add some profit.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:43 PM   #27

Interesting thing about safelite. Many years ago they started to make deals with all the major insurance carriers. Safelite would handle all of these companies glass claims. Meaning it would be a safelite employee that would field all the calls and set up all the repairs. Obviously they would steer as much business to themselves as they could. I just had my truck windshield replaced. When I called my insurance and the automated message said to “press 2 if this is a glass only claim” it then sends it to a safelite call center that is acting as your insurance company. They were very professional but I wanted a different place to do my glass and they obliged. They never openly told me that they were safeLite when I was on the on the call with them. They did Try and get me to a safelite. I knew this about them before I called my insurance company. Any way they said my requested glass installer was approved premium installer for my insurance company. When that company called me to set up a appointment i then requested a OEM glass as I have OEM parts coverage for body work on my policy. They verified that and used a OEM windshield. Safelite actually has their own windshields. I’m sure they’re manufactured by one of the few companies that make automotive glass.
Funny thing was when he was ending the call he used another insurance companies slogan and then said “oh sorry wrong company” haha
RangerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 06:00 PM   #28

RV Glass Express

Safelite is utilizing a company called RV Glass Express, anyone here of them? Also my friend's coach is 20 years old. I asked them if they were going to use a new gasket when they put the passenger side windshield in. They replied that it's a lifetime gasket, having doubt already.
Wess14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warning