Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2017, 08:02 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Safety T plus

I had a Safety T Plus installed
on my 2017, primarily as a safety component in the event of a steering tire failure. I had no previous steering issues. The installers first checked the alignment and found it to be within specifications. After a few test drives and paying the $1239 bill I left the facility. I am pleasantly surprised at the improvement in steering ! The center of the steering wheel movement is much tighter, the road wander is greatly reduced, and the wind effect is much less. Those improvements alone are worth the investment !
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2017, 12:12 PM   #2

Safety T plus

I called Spartan to get a price to install it on my 16 Anthem. Spartan is listed on the Safety plus web site as an authorized vendor. The person I spoke with in parts had no clue what I was talking about and said he would have to Check with the Spartan engineering team on it and get back to me... that was 2 months ago... haven't heard anything since
dmm588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:59 PM   #3

I had one on my Newmar gasser, which with a different mounting kit will fit my Insignia. I was under the impression these were more intended for use on solid front axles only?.
This past weekend I traveled through extreme crosswind conditions. I was getting knocked around pretty good. I wonder if installing this would have helped
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:16 PM   #4

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I had one on my Newmar gasser, which with a different mounting kit will fit my Insignia. I was under the impression these were more intended for use on solid front axles only?.
This past weekend I traveled through extreme crosswind conditions. I was getting knocked around pretty good. I wonder if installing this would have helped
No, we have ours installed on our '01 American Dream, Spartan chassis & IFS.
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:43 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We have one on our 2015 Anthem. I would do it again. I think it does help - but in a blowout situation is the real reason I purchased it. Btw - I also have the Tyron bands in the front tires - 4 fire extinguishers in to coach - so might be a bit overkill!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:16 PM   #6

It sure made my drive better[emoji122]
raceday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:16 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
We have one installed on our 2017 Aspire with IFS. If you have the install done at the factory outside of Atlanta there is no charge for the install and the techs will do a road test with you until you are satisfied. Our cost was a bit over $659, plus we got a factory tour, a couple of hats and had a great chat with Brian the owner.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:18 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
That is a good deal ! I wish I had known that !
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:51 AM   #9
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for starting this thread Les. I had seen the comments from Pat and others in the past about this device but this finally prompted me to get off my duff and do something. And thanks to Rob for the info on the factory install - since I'll be going right by Austell, GA in early April, I now have them scheduled to install one on our coach.

We have the Tuthill/Reyco-Granning IFS1700 front end on our coach. They've quoted the following parts for us:

41-230 Safe T Plus unit
S-1460K4 mounting hardware kit

Are these parts the same as those of you with '15-'17 IFS Entegras have installed?
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:21 AM   #10

Ron

I had safetplus installed on my 2013. The S-1460K4 was the original bracket they sent and could not be used. Unless they made an adjustment to it. I had mine installed at the factory and they fabricated the bracket for me on the spot. Talk to Kathy Doran and remind her of my installation. It worked great on mine.
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #11
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Corey - will do.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbr View Post
Thanks for starting this thread Les. I had seen the comments from Pat and others in the past about this device but this finally prompted me to get off my duff and do something. And thanks to Rob for the info on the factory install - since I'll be going right by Austell, GA in early April, I now have them scheduled to install one on our coach.

We have the Tuthill/Reyco-Granning IFS1700 front end on our coach. They've quoted the following parts for us:

41-230 Safe T Plus unit
S-1460K4 mounting hardware kit

Are these parts the same as those of you with '15-'17 IFS Entegras have installed?
That's the same front end we have on our 2017 Aspire and those are the same parts we had installed back in October. No mods were needed that I was aware of. As Corey said though Kathy is the one to contact to confirm.

41-230 $544.00
S-1460K4 $78.00
6% Tax $37.32

We stayed overnight in their lot, started around 7:30 the next morning and were on our way by lunch time. If you stay over in the lot beware that there is a food shipping company next door and there might be a lot of truck noise and traffic all night long. Photo shows where we parked.

voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #13
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Rob. I was planning to overnight there too but may need to work on Plan B.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:23 PM   #14

We are having this installed on our coach tomorrow morning. I ordered the bar and the mounting bracket. I am told that holes will need to be drilled to get this installed correctly. Can anyone tell me whether this is the case or not? I thought this was a bolt on component.
swberry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
safety