Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2014, 04:49 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Samsung BluRay DVD player

I hooked my wireless game adapter to my Samsung BluRay player today to try to stream some movies (there is one other coach in tonight's park). All I can find is wired internet setup. It doesn't recognize the adapter.

Does anyone have a solution?
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2014, 04:59 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Researching online if looks like the only wireless adapter that works on a Samsung BluRay player is a Samsung adapter. That just seems wrong!
Old 05-31-2014, 05:18 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
If you have the game adapter already setup to bridge from wifi to ethernet (the usual setup), then you connect it to the BR Player via an ethernet cable. From that point on, it would look just like wired internet to the Samsung. It doesn't know you're using a Wifi bridge instead of a simple cable.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #4

X2 to FlyingDiver's post, you will need to make sure the game adaptor is configured to be part off your wireless network
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Configuring the adapter to the network has to be done on a PC and not they the player and TV correct?
Old 05-31-2014, 07:40 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Configuring the adapter to the network has to be done on a PC and not they the player and TV correct?
I believe so, yes.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:40 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Thru the player.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:02 PM   #8

Bart, I could be completely wrong, so look in the manual, but my Samsung Blu-Ray only outputs DVD on the HDMI port. I don't think the internet connection is made (allowed) to carry the output. It is an input connection for streaming video, which is then output to the TV via the HDMI. It allows you to communicate over the net to pre-defined addresses, Netflix or Hulu for instance, but not the whole net. Mine doesn't get Amazon, so we use an HDMI output from the laptop to drive Amazon movies to the TV.
There are Wifi 2.6/5 Ghz HDMI adapters, or you can send HDMI using the proper adapters and two Cat 5 cables in parallel, There is even one transmitter/Receiver unit that works at 50 GHz, supposed to be very good in an RV living room, but wont reach the back of the RV easily. Beyond about 25 feet many HDMI output ports can't put out the current needed to drive all the HDMI signals in sync, this causes color shifts and drop outs. If you use one of the HDMI switch boxes for two or three HDMI outputs to the TV, say Sat HD and Blu-Ray, you need to have a 5 Volt power supply input to the switch box because the switch takes power from the HDMI output that would normally drive the signal. I hope some of this has been helpful.
Starsekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:03 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I had a Samsung flat screen at home at the S&B and seem to recall it was only Samsung WiFi dongle would work.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:54 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
The player has a J45 plug in the back, I assumed I could connect a wireless adapter via that connection and connect to the internet wirelessly. The player shows it will do BluRay updates, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.

It seems like I connected this adapter to my home router thru my Sony TV, I hoped this TV would have a similar interface.

I hesitate to use park bandwidth streaming movies so haven't tried until tonight to hook it up. Looks like 2 options; connect it to the park wireless with my PC first or buy the Samsung dongle. Or just don't stream in the RV.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:56 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I think I am going to do Redbox, it sounds much easier
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:57 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Agree!
Old 05-31-2014, 09:21 PM   #13

Txbart, you need to have the game controller taking to your network first. If you have wps active it is pretty easy if not then a little more complex. Plug your br player into the controller and it should be straight forward. Just make sure the br player is not configured with a fixed ip.
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I think I am going to do Redbox, it sounds much easier
what brobox said......shoot im lucky if I can even get a dvd to play
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote