Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2018, 05:12 PM   #1

Samsung Fridge - No Ice

Our ice maker stopped working two weeks after our 2 year AIR. We have a 17 44B. The ice maker is on, the water works, the ice maker motor runs but no ice. The water lines may be frozen but I don’t know how to access it. Does anyone have any ideas?
2013 Harley RG on a HydraLift
Mike&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2018, 05:30 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Ours quit a few weeks ago. Needed to be defrosted. Used hair dryer and working fine since.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:57 PM   #3

Thanks Tim, where exactly did you use the hair dryer? Inside the fridge or somewhere else. Thanks.
2013 Harley RG on a HydraLift
Mike&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Chris View Post
Thanks Tim, where exactly did you use the hair dryer? Inside the fridge or somewhere else. Thanks.
I had the same thing happen on my 2013 Anthem. Had a service call scheduled but decided to take the bottom vented panel off and it was loaded with dust balls and some pet hair. Cleaned that out and all of a sudden hear a ice cube drop. Worked fine from then on. Don't know the configuration of your fridge but this did it for me. Good luck!
roadrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:58 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Fyi, I had a similar problem but mine was from low water pressure. The Samsung fridge manual says you must have a minimum of 35 psi. I was using a cheapo water pressure reducer. Bought a good regulator all works good. Also try removing your filter and check to see if it will make ice.
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:45 PM   #6

When mine does that, and it does fairly often, I take the ice bin out and see ice on the top of the ice maker, take knife and hair dryer to it to get ice off, it starts making ice again.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:50 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We’ve had the same problem w/ our Samsung Frig. Bottom line, is that it’s a poor design. That said, there are several uTube videos that describe various repairs.
1. Remove the ice bucket and then remove the plastic panel on the left side (1 Phillips head screw). The plastic cover protects the wiring and is easy to remove. Once removed, shine a light from the frig up the side wall below the ice maker. If you see light in the ice maker area there is a gap which needs to filled with a special cold resistant sealant (according to the uTube videos). Sealant is DA81-05595A A/S epoxy. Until I can order some sealant, I rolled up a paper towel to fill the gap. This seemed to help fill the gap and keep the ice maker colder.
2. Use either a hair dryer (on low) or multiple cups of boiling water and direct towards the back of the ice maker. The ice maker has a cooling coil which freezes the ice. It ices up around this coil.
Watching several uTube videos helped me understand the ice maker operation. Hope this helps.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:56 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I just pulled out ice bin and noticed some ice build up. Used hair dryer aimed at buildup. Replaced ice bin and started making ice shortly.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
When mine does that, and it does fairly often, I take the ice bin out and see ice on the top of the ice maker, take knife and hair dryer to it to get ice off, it starts making ice again.
I have to do this regularly.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals1212 View Post
Fyi, I had a similar problem but mine was from low water pressure. The Samsung fridge manual says you must have a minimum of 35 psi. I was using a cheapo water pressure reducer. Bought a good regulator all works good. Also try removing your filter and check to see if it will make ice.
My service writer told me this recently and pulled the filter out.
So far so good, but has only been a few days. I do seem to be getting more full sized cubes!
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge