Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2021, 02:29 PM   #1

Samsung refrigerator failure, 2014 Anthem

curious if other class "a" owners have had a residential refrigerator fail in there coach, i'm a part timer, have used the coach an average of 3 times a year since 2014, samsung has failed, thank god for the extended warranty
Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2021, 04:13 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
There have been several posts of Samsung failures and problems. Was yours the compressor?
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...ih=577&dpr=1.5

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ente...earch=irv2.com
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 12:40 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I had a Samsung model RF18 in my previous coach and it had two, distinct types of failure. The first type was a show stopper and the symptoms were that the compressor would not operate. I though it was the compressor itself had failed but no. It turned out to be a capacitor failure in the compressor controller board (Samsung refers to it a the Inverter board but it has nothing to do with the Coach inverter). The board is located under a plastic cover on top of the refrig. It’s easy to access and a replacement board is just plug and play. Cost was about $200 for the part.
The second problem was just a nuisance. Symptom was that water would accumulate in the bottom of the refrig and inside the crisper drawers. This was caused by a bad design of the defrost system that allowed the drain hole to ice over and then the water from a defrost cycle wasn’t able to drain into the pan and would overflow Into the refrig. The fix was to install a longer tab that wrapped around the defrost heater coil and extended further down into the drain hole. Easy do it yourself job and the part was cheap.
Here’s a vid on how to fix it and a link to the part.
Vid:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

Part:
https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-DRAIN.../dp/B008KFG9NO
Archer2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:35 PM   #4

This tread sort of sums up my feelings about samsung - JUNK

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f112/ful...-413004-2.html

Long and short they have questionable reliability PERIOD.

Then when you have an issue they really do not have a Strong Reputation on the ability to Diagnose it or Repair it.

After almost 16 hours of work/diagnoses on my RF18 they declared it Junk. - their words - JUNK!

So because I also spent all that time with them I was able to sort of understand what they were un able to figure out.

In my case Freezer worked - refrigerator not at all - so they replaced the fan - no change - they replaced the board - no change they tested for 4 + hours and determined that the wire to the fan was bad, somewhere in the insulation - Unrepairable - JUNK!

So after another 10 to 12 hours trying to get them to warranty it - all to no Avail.

I went online - ordered a fan - ebay $25.00 - figured I'd work a thermostate into the wiring and hard wire the fan - using an Ice Pick to penetrate the insulation and make it remote - so the fan arrives - and i got all my stuff - wire, thermostat, fan and just before I go out to start the task - the light goes off in my head - - let's just try the fan - did - it worked - refrig worked - now all is well - spent 120+ days in it last summer with no issues.

Remember samsung declared it unrepairable - JUNK!

That's my Story. Follow the repair tech around ask and learn - it may help.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, refrigerator