Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2020, 03:31 PM   #1

Samsung refrigerators

has any one had an issue with freezer not freezing [set at -8f] and refrigerator not reaching set temperatures [34f], have installed a thermometer in both compartments, 2014 anthem that's used about 3-4 times a year until I fully retire
Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2020, 03:34 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
has any one had an issue with freezer not freezing [set at -8f] and refrigerator not reaching set temperatures [34f], have installed a thermometer in both compartments, 2014 anthem that's used about 3-4 times a year until I fully retire

Need to put something in the freezer and refrigerator, even if it’s just jugs of water or cold packs. Very difficult to maintain temp when empty.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:50 PM   #3

samsung

we actually had it filled with food when we noticed the frozen food was thawing out, had been plugged in two days prior to traveling, also ice maker has quit, as per samsung the compressors have a 10 year warranty and they state there are 2 compressors in this model ?
Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:56 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Samsung refrigerators

We’ve had the same problem. The coil is located behind a panel on the back wall of the refrigerator (inside the frig). It is frozen up and needs to be thawed out. There are several good YouTube videos on how to do this. It is an all day process. We unloaded the frig and freezer then started the process. As the videos describe, you have to be careful if using a hair dryer so as not to melt the plastic. Once the panel is removed you will find the coil encased in ice. We used a hairdryer to carefully defrost. The easiest way to do this project is to empt the frig, turn it off and let it sit for several days. If you don’t own a large Yeti cooler, now is your excuse to buy one (-: Good luck.

Edit: I just reread your original thread. If you only use the frig 3 to 4 times a year and it’s off most of the time, this might not be your problem.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:15 AM   #5

Quote:

Quote:
we actually had it filled with food when we noticed the frozen food was thawing out, had been plugged in two days prior to traveling, also ice maker has quit, as per samsung the compressors have a 10 year warranty and they state there are 2 compressors in this model ?
First it's a samsung - so while they may warrantee the Compressor the rest of it will usually fail, long before you get to the 10 year warranty.

OK got that of my Chest - usually when the temperatures do not reach the needed level it is because the Fan is not working or the Coils are frozen (usually one causes the other) - or usually the first thing they - service - replace the "Board" - $$$$

So you can fix the fans and the Coils - just need to find out what it is and the cure.

As your unit is still cooler than the ambient outside temperature it is likely the Fans causing a frozen Coil.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sams...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:21 AM   #6

One of the biggest problem with these Samjunk refers is freezing of the coils behind the panel of the fridge. Try defrosting the fridge and see if this works. If it works, then you have a decision to make, replace it OR defrost it every six months or so. We have friends who figured out their defrost cycle and decided not too replace since the fridge works fine after a defrost. They also use this time to give the fridge a through cleaning.

May not be what you wanted to hear, but it’s a fact with theses pieces of junk.
Glider114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #7

Quote:

Yep, ended up replacing mother board and compressor. I had sears come out and do it.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:44 AM   #8

Had ice machine failures. Two, one under warranty and one that Samsung said. "we have a TSB, but you'll have to pay for the repair" that was $400 in parts. I paid for that and the ice machine was the same as before, iced up and needed defrosting once every 30 days. Made me think of my grandmother in the 1960s.

Then had a compressor failure that I had to fight with Samsung to fix because they said the actual compressor didn't fail, the fitting at the compressor failed and was no longer under warranty. Eventually they covered it, but I had to fight with them for two weeks or so and remove the fridge to get it fixed on my dime.

When the compressor failed again, I gave up. Bought an LG, works better than the Samsung ever did, fits in the space, is better organized inside, ice machine makes ice and doesn't take up inside space. Hasn't yet needed defrosting and is showing no signs. All around much better machine.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
Had ice machine failures. Two, one under warranty and one that Samsung said. "we have a TSB, but you'll have to pay for the repair" that was $400 in parts. I paid for that and the ice machine was the same as before, iced up and needed defrosting once every 30 days. Made me think of my grandmother in the 1960s.

Then had a compressor failure that I had to fight with Samsung to fix because they said the actual compressor didn't fail, the fitting at the compressor failed and was no longer under warranty. Eventually they covered it, but I had to fight with them for two weeks or so and remove the fridge to get it fixed on my dime.

When the compressor failed again, I gave up. Bought an LG, works better than the Samsung ever did, fits in the space, is better organized inside, ice machine makes ice and doesn't take up inside space. Hasn't yet needed defrosting and is showing no signs. All around much better machine.
Yep, love the LG.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:16 PM   #10

I think both LG and Samsung are made in China... I have a Dometic side by side, Wonder if a residential fridge would fit in that space?
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommar View Post
I think both LG and Samsung are made in China... I have a Dometic side by side, Wonder if a residential fridge would fit in that space?
LG not made in China.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:26 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
I had such bad luck with Samsung appliances in our S&B that when it was time for a residential upgrade in our MH I went out of my way to avoid the Samsung even though it was one of only 2 units that would fit in our space.

We went with a similar sized GE and I'm very happy with the performance over the last 8 months or so.
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:43 PM   #13

Samsung and LG both made in South Korea. Samsung's have a mixed reputation on this forum. I have one in my home and one in my RV - both work flawlessly, but we'll see how that goes. The problem is that there aren't many options to fit into the spaces we're all trying to fill with the NeverCold's that came in our RV's. Some use GE's and seem to like them.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:22 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Our Samsung stopped working. We've had the compressor replaced and now the ice maker and frig are working, but the freezer isn't working yet. I'm fearing we will need to replace the refrigerator. Curious...how did you get the Samsung out of the coach and the new one in?
MrsMoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator