Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2020, 01:50 PM   #1

Samsung tv is not getting any cable channels

Ok..... so here go’s ......2020 aspire . I have four tv’s in my coach . Here is my set up procedure. I connect cable wire to campsite provided cable . Next , I shut down my over air antenna. I then go to each tv and select source - tv - settings - scan for channels - select cable and the scan begins. Three out of the four tv’s get about 60 channels . My main tv gets about three . I have viewed every YouTube video . I have searched the internet and can’t find any solution. Does anyone else have this problem?
Twireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2020, 02:00 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twireguy View Post
Ok..... so here go’s ......2020 aspire . I have four tv’s in my coach . Here is my set up procedure. I connect cable wire to campsite provided cable . Next , I shut down my over air antenna. I then go to each tv and select source - tv - settings - scan for channels - select cable and the scan begins. Three out of the four tv’s get about 60 channels . My main tv gets about three . I have viewed every YouTube video . I have searched the internet and can’t find any solution. Does anyone else have this problem?

The problem as you described it would have believing the main TV is not receiving any signal through the connected cable or the selected input on the TV is wrong. Could the front TV need to be on another RF input to receive the signal? Could there be a source selection box on the wrong routing input/output? A couple of early thoughts.

Hope this helps.
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:59 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
If you can get the model number for the tv that’s not finding all the cable channels and post it here I will try to help if I can. If you will tell me exactly WHAT channels it is finding and an example of a couple that the other TVs find that the errant one doesnt. What I’m looking for is whether the Main is finding over the air stations but not finding cable channels. The reason is that over the air broadcast stations use a completely different modulation technique than even the same station on a cable system.
Archer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:02 PM   #4

If you are getting 3 channels when your main TV searches, than it is connecting! One suggestions, is to see if you can connect directly to your main TV with the cable to see if that works. if not, try resetting your tv back to the factory settings. You can get deeper into the factory settings used by the Samsung techs access by Mute>1>8>2>power button. be careful not to mess with any of the other setting unless you have the technical experience.
One other possibility, is you need to buy a cable booster, because of the additional cable length to your Main TV. Many parks don't have boosters, so the signal strength is not sufficient and any additional cable length from the RV cable connection may be just enough to give you a problem. If you need the booster information, send me a PM.
billb3672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:13 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I’m going to assume that you have a 50” tv as the one that doesn’t get all the channels. Try this on that tv.
Using your remote, navigate to and select Settings. Select Broadcasting, and then select Auto Program. Select Start to begin Auto Program, and then select “Both” to choose how you will get your broadcast signal. Your TV will begin to scan for channels; after it's done, select Close to finish.
It sounds like the tv was only scanning for over the air stations.
Let us know what you get.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:07 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Twireguy, I don’t have the problem you described. All my TV’s get the same stations when I go through the procedure you described.

Can you tell us if your main TV used to work fine and now will not find channels?
Or has your coach always had this issue?

Several things can cause your issue. If you can get to the coax connection jack on the back of the TV you can try hooking your coax cable from the source straight to the back of the TV. Just temporarily run the cable in the coach door. From the campground source to the TV. Then see what you get. I suspect your not getting signal to the back of the TV on the coax cable.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:00 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
The only thing that fits the symptoms is that the 1 tv in question is set to scan for over the air tv stations, not cable. The signal path for cable/OTA (Over The Air) is, first, the OTA signal comes from the antenna on the roof down to one input of a 2 in/1 out switch usually in the cabinet over the passenger seat with a button and a LED. The cable signal comes from the cable connector in the basement and goes to the other input of the switch. When the button on the switch is in the TV position the switch feeds power to the antenna's built in amplifier and simultaneously routes the antenna signal to the output. When the switch is in the Cable position the cable signal is switched to the output. From there, whichever of the 2 signals you have selected at the switch goes to a 1 in/4 out splitter each output of which is run to a TV “Antenna In” coax connector. We know the switch is working and it is in the Cable position because 3 of the 4 TVs scan and find 60+ cable channels. So discounting the possibility of a coax cable failing or getting disconnected all of a sudden all that’s left is that the one tv is not scanning for cable channels but is probably scanning for OTA channels and only finding one or two that were strong enough to ‘leak’ into the coax cable. Since OTA broadcast stations use 8VSB modulation while cable systems use QAM, you have to tell the set which kind of signal to look for. The Samsung in this coach actually can scan for and decode both but you have to select “Both” when you ask for it to scan for channels.
Sorry for the long post but there is a lot of confusion about this stuff and rightfully so. It is not intuitive and it can be complicated.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:58 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hey Twireguy...

...did any of the suggestions from the forum members help you with your problem? Inquiring minds want to know
Old 11-20-2020, 03:52 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twireguy View Post
Is there more than one style of cable to scan when selecting auto program?
Old 11-20-2020, 08:11 PM   #10

I had a similar problem in my RV last time we were out. Different coach, but my problem was that the coax connector on the TV was just a tiny bit loose. The antenna signal would work, but the cable signal was weak or non existent. it was about one flat loose. I tightened it and the cable signal came thru clear....
Old 11-21-2020, 07:39 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I must be getting older or maybe just in a sour mood lately. For some reason I find it annoying when someone post one of those “I’m having a problem I can’t figure out, can someone help?” posts. Then other posters immediately jump in with suggestions, some good, some less good, but all well-intentioned and trying to help. Then the original person with the problem never bothers to post any follow up to say the problem was solved or not or even a simple “thanks for taking the time to try anyway” post.
I know it shouldn’t bother me but it does-maybe I’m just turning into one of those crabby old guys. Am I alone in this?
Old 11-21-2020, 07:50 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Archer, you are not alone. More than happy to help, but leave feedback that will help the next guy. I have a few names I will no longer assist on their questions for that reason. Those that take and never give back, I shy away from and move on.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer2 View Post
I must be getting older or maybe just in a sour mood lately. For some reason I find it annoying when someone post one of those “I’m having a problem I can’t figure out, can someone help?” posts. Then other posters immediately jump in with suggestions, some good, some less good, but all well-intentioned and trying to help. Then the original person with the problem never bothers to post any follow up to say the problem was solved or not or even a simple “thanks for taking the time to try anyway” post.
I know it shouldn’t bother me but it does-maybe I’m just turning into one of those crabby old guys. Am I alone in this?
You are not alone. One of my pet peeves. It's pretty rude actually.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:00 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I agree, it is rude. I'm the kind of guy who tries to look at things from the other side, I drive my wife crazy with it but...

Maybe something came up in his life that has prevented him from getting on line, sickness, accident, on the road with no WIFI; who knows. Or maybe he just doesn't care. Either way I would hope he responds, I'm kind of curious what could be causing his problem; it may happen to me someday.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable