Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2022, 01:21 PM   #15

Escondido Rv Resort

Escondido rv resort.the 78 to I 5 to camp Pendleton
kenautoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2022, 12:47 PM   #16

Mark, a big shout out and a sincere thank you to your grandson for stepping forward to serve his country!
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45B
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:37 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Mark, a big shout out and a sincere thank you to your grandson for stepping forward to serve his country!
X2
Later...
Ray
RayandWendy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:18 PM   #18

If Mark won’t mind, I would like additional recommendations for cc’s up the coast.
All the way to Vancouver, BC.
I need to start looking at options soon and would like to find the hidden gems (if any) for our sized rigs.
Thanks Mark and I concur; Big Thanks to your grandson!
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 07:10 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
If Mark won’t mind, I would like additional recommendations for cc’s up the coast.
All the way to Vancouver, BC.
I need to start looking at options soon and would like to find the hidden gems (if any) for our sized rigs.
Thanks Mark and I concur; Big Thanks to your grandson!

Malibu RV Resort, Malibu CA. (Tapo Canyon Ventura Cty Parks but NO signal and a 45' might be tight but really quiet and Peaceful)

Petaluma KOA, Petaluma, CA in the redwoods

the 1 in between was OK but not worth mentioning

Pacific Shores. Newport OR Class A only but the water fronts are great

then we went to the Olympic Peninsula you may diverge the 101/PCH around Westport but some nice places around Ocean Shores and then Port Angeles if you want them

I would do the PCH starting north of the bay take 101 to Petaluma then you can grab the PCH and the rig size is good after that. Sections of the PCH south of the SF Bay area are not good for even my 40 towing.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 07:20 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you all for the great advice. That gives me a few places to check out.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:53 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
You should see if you can use the Camp Pendleton beach front camping .. Your grandson can get you in..
next best would be Pechanga in Temecula.. straight shot down 76 to Oceanside..
Also: Paradise by the sea in Oceanside.. Its super pricey, but a block to the ocean and they have pull throughs.. We are staying there in August..
debtomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
We will be traveling to San Diego this September for our grandson's graduation from Marine Corp boot camp and am looking for recommendations for a good campground for a 45' coach. It'll be just the two of us and our German Shepherd (which in the past hasn't always been allowed in some California campgrounds). We don't need to be right on top of the marine base but need to be within striking range with our Jeep so outskirts is fine unless an in-town site is decent and has full hookups.

Anyone have any experience in this area?
Sunland RV Resort in San Diego.

My wife and I + Doberman were there several weeks ago in our 40’ Accolade and GMC Sierra toad. Got a pull through FHU site and it was perfect. They only have 2 PTs.
MBEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 05:36 PM   #23

We have stayed at both Campland and Santee Lakes and think both are fantastic parks, but also expensive ones. If you are interested in staying at a nice park that is not so costly, you may want to consider Rancho Los Coches in Lakeside. Another possibility might be Oak Creek RV Resort in El Cajon.
Old 07-05-2022, 07:08 PM   #24

Sun Resorts in Chula Vista is great all be it $$$$. We stayed there for 30 days last August and then attended the AIM rally there too. Location is great, gated, restaurant on property, gym. Great bike ride on path to Coronado Island.

It can get a little crazy on the weekend with kids, bikes, yada yada. The Friday night bike parade is the cutest thing you have seen.

JD
AZRVR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 09:10 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Is the graduation at Camp Pendleton or the Marine Corp Training Base by the airport? If it is at the Training Base by the airport, I would cross out parks north of San Diego. If your grandson can get you in, try stay at Admiral Baker Field Campground. https://www.militarycampgrounds.us/c...ld-campground?

highlight=WyJzYW4iLCJkaWVnbyIsImNhIiwic2FuIGRpZWdv Iiwic2FuIGRpZWdvIGNhIiwiZGllZ28gY2EiXQ==

Traveling with grandkids we have favored the KOA in Chula Vista.
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra