Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2019, 05:16 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
As some know, I cut my ~ 30' hose into 2 sections before I realized that was exactly the wrong thing to do to make the hose easier to clear after dumping. I cut the hose a foot or so after it exits the sanicon storage compartment door thinking that would be the best way to break the vacuum and drain the hose. I discovered that was a dumb thing to do for two reasons. First, the standard cam-lock connectors available everywhere were the wrong size for making the break, and second, you can easily remove the cam lock connector already on the hose just by reaching inside the compartment and disconnecting it from the cam-lock fitting already there (at least it is on the 19s). So it was an unnecessary and redundant connection. I had to come up with a way to reconnect the hose sections, which worked but is not satisfactory long term.

Gary
Gary, did you try the cam locks that fit inside of the hose that Richard, Gasman2 suggested?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2019, 05:40 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
X2 for us. Works great when we actually use the sanicon hose....

Quote:
Gary

I have published this before on this forum, but in case you missed it, I will repeat it.

The absolute easiest way to get the liquids remaining in the Sanicon hose to empty is simply to remove it at the CAM-Lock fitting near the back of the sanicon hose compartment. You can easily remove the hose simply by pulling the two circular rings and their associated arms forward toward the open Sanicon door. Unlatch one or the other of the levers/arms, and then as you pull the second arm forward simply be ready to "catch" the now loose cam-lock fitting. Since I presume that you empty black tank contents first, and gray tank contents second, what is left in the hose is gray tank fluids and virtually 100% of it starts to drain as soon as you loosen the second cam-lock lever. Reassembling the cam-lock fitting is a piece of cake, easily done by feel. Simply insert the male end of the hose into the female fitting already there and push the two arms toward the back to lock the fitting.

Disconnection is a piece of cake. I have now done that 30-40 times, have never been doused with any liquids. When you disconnect at the Cam-Lock, the hose drains easily and quickly. In 20 seconds, the task is done and done completely.

And PS, I have now been to at least two different RV parks where I would not have been able to reach the sewer drain unless I had the 30' Sanicon hose. There is no way I would go to a 21' hose to replace this 30' hose.

Gary
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:21 AM   #17

Chuck

Since we were on the road for 4 months and then home only for a couple of weeks and back on the road for another couple of months, I have never undone the damage that I did with the first decision to cut the hose. I made an emergency repair at the time using a short piece of galvanized pipe which I managed to get not to leak and has worked fine for now. However, when I was forced to use what was already in the coach to solve the vacuum problem (its own cam-lock), I discovered there was, IMHO, no need to modify the hose in the first place. In your 2019, you can easily remove the cam-lock in your sanicon hose compartment and dump the fluid in the hose and then reconnect it... It could not be easier or more convenient. Since all of us dump the black first, and the gray then pushes all the ugliness out of the hose, this has been a no brainer.

Now I think maybe some of the earlier models of the sanicon implementation on Cornerstones may not have had the cam-lock fitting in the box that contains the hose and those owners had a real chore getting the hose to clear. However, in our 2019s, the cam-lock fitting in the back of that compartment can be easily separated and re-connected, so I see no need for any other separations. I don't really see any need for a clear section down at the end either.

So, to answer your question.... I bought the fittings that Richard directed me toward and I have them with me on the road (if something comes apart). However, my experience has convinced me that I don't need them and my current plan is simply to buy a brand new 30' hose, leave it alone, and use it the way that it comes from the factory and use the cam-lock in the compartment as my method to break the vacuum. Easy-peezee! I will replace my damaged hose with another 30 footer. It is long but that length has been needed at times up in the north east and here in Arizona and I would not be happy with the 20 footer. Even with the 30', I carry a garden hose that could be used in a pinch to reach a sewer fitting well behind the coach, which we have encountered a couple of times in our travel. I use a baggie with 2 sand filled mens socks on top of the right angle end piece so I don't need to try to screw the end piece into the ground stand sewer pipe so I don't need to separate the hose from the nose piece either. Quicker and easier all around.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:26 AM   #18

Chuck

Oh, I also sent you a PM about your friend who had his ACC "removed" by Cummins.... Did you get it?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:47 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Chuck

Oh, I also sent you a PM about your friend who had his ACC "removed" by Cummins.... Did you get it?

Gary
No, I did not get it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote