Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2022, 03:35 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Sanimarin Toilet Controller Update Question

For those that have the 2021 year coaches with the Sanimarin toilet that had the touch pad contorller update preformed, did you see an improvement in the working of the toilet and was it satisfactory? Appreciate any comments, thank you.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2022, 05:17 PM   #2

Sounds like Entegra has gotten themselves into quite a mess. The touchpad TSB is to change the logic on the flush. Not designed to see a drastic improvement of the operation. I’ve seen post where you are having to flush multiple times. That should not be how a toilet works. Maybe if enough people ask, Entegra will replace the toilets with a different manufacturer.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 05:56 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I had a Tecma in my 19 Cornerstone. Never had a problem. When I found out my new Renegade was going to have 2 Sanimarins and that they were replacing the Tecma’s with them I was very apprehensive bcuz of the problems documented here. So after having them for a couple long trips I have to say…….I like them. They are working great. Is it possible it was an installation issue at Entegra?
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 06:04 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydeal View Post
I had a Tecma in my 19 Cornerstone. Never had a problem. When I found out my new Renegade was going to have 2 Sanimarins and that they were replacing the Tecma’s with them I was very apprehensive bcuz of the problems documented here. So after having them for a couple long trips I have to say…….I like them. They are working great. Is it possible it was an installation issue at Entegra?
Mine was one of the first ones installed before the upgraded control panel. It takes 2-3 flushes to empty the bowl. I am trying to see if the upgrade solved the problem, or if I will change out the toilet if the upgrade did not solve the problem for others. As it is now, we have limited use of a full bath as the toilet is not dependable that it will flush.
Old 03-30-2022, 08:23 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I have a '21 Aspire with 2 of the SaniMarin macerating toilets, neither of which worked very well and I had NIRVC in Arizona do the TSB for the controls,in April of last year. I must say that I don’t have any complaints about their functioning now except that they now seem to use significantly more water. Otherwise they both work well.
Archer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 06:03 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
For our 21, after the update it definitely used more water and also somewhat improved on the ability to empty the bowl. That said, you could not depend on a complete flush. Complete flush maybe 70% of the time. Certainly not ideal for dry camping, which we do somewhat frequently.
Old 03-31-2022, 06:42 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
These have always been part of my arsenal for the “larger job”. Work great…..with both the Tecma and now my SaniMarin’s. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8241.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	360840
Old 04-04-2022, 04:30 AM   #8

We had 2 of them and could never depend on them working properly. We did every update available and replaced controllers and nothing seemed to help so we replaced the toilets with the Tecma . They work great so far. Poor decision on Entegra"s part to install those in coaches I would say.
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
For those that have the 2021 year coaches with the Sanimarin toilet that had the touch pad contorller update preformed, did you see an improvement in the working of the toilet and was it satisfactory? Appreciate any comments, thank you.
We just had the coach in (2021 Entegra Reatta) the shop for a whole month. They replaced the whole toilet (same model) and no difference. The did the upgrade to the controller as well.
We worked with Entegra ((Nate). Dealer agreed they the toilet is garbage but Entegra isn’t budging. They took videos of everything from Gatorade and peanut butter with toilet tissue to show them. We’re not done yet. Plan on writing the ceo. Horrible that you can’t depend on it.
Stingray21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 04:23 PM   #10

I agree do not work as expected. Even with the upgrade still not very good. I tried to get them to replace them during our AIR but had no luck either. Had a good talk with Joyce about them she claimed not may complaints about them. I have found that they work better with higher water pressures. It appears the reprogramming only increased the water fill time so if low pressure then very poor flush.
JLHoughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 06:22 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Thank all of you for the feedback on the upgrade and how it really worked.

I have spoken with NIRVC about this issue. With all of their Techs trying to figure out a solution to the Sanimarin toilets, they came up with the same results as you all did. Mid year NIRVC paid the up-charge and switch all of their 21 orders to Tecma toilets. It was not worth the cost to have the bad customer relations leaving those toilet in their ordered coaches, knowing a working brand was still available. Taking that advise, and the experience of others, I have decided to pay the up-charge and switch the toilet out.
Old 04-27-2022, 06:58 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thank all of you for the feedback on the upgrade and how it really worked.

I have spoken with NIRVC about this issue. With all of their Techs trying to figure out a solution to the Sanimarin toilets, they came up with the same results as you all did. Mid year NIRVC paid the up-charge and switch all of their 21 orders to Tecma toilets. It was not worth the cost to have the bad customer relations leaving those toilet in their ordered coaches, knowing a working brand was still available. Taking that advise, and the experience of others, I have decided to pay the up-charge and switch the toilet out.

It’s a mystery as it seems to be Entegra specific? I have two Sanimarins in my new Renegade and they are working perfectly…I dare to say I prefer them to the Tecma.
Old 04-27-2022, 10:20 AM   #13

Harley, Do they work better while on pump but also city water? I was thinking if you run your pump all the time like some (to augment or gain consistent pressures) then maybe the pumps in the Renegade provide better pressure therfore better SaniMarin flushing.

However if you're straight city water with similar pressure variances that would be interesting that yours work better and may be preffered.

Maybe PEX-a with full flow vs PEX-b with restricted flow? (Entegra uses PEX-b and the fittings restrict flow to what the diameter of pipe can handle because the fittings reduce pipe diameter.)
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:25 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.herren View Post
Harley, Do they work better while on pump but also city water? I was thinking if you run your pump all the time like some (to augment or gain consistent pressures) then maybe the pumps in the Renegade provide better pressure therfore better SaniMarin flushing.

However if you're straight city water with similar pressure variances that would be interesting that yours work better and may be preffered.

Maybe PEX-a with full flow vs PEX-b with restricted flow? (Entegra uses PEX-b and the fittings restrict flow to what the diameter of pipe can handle because the fittings reduce pipe diameter.)

Great question. I am not aware of which type PEX I have but will check that out. Mine seems to run well on city water or pump. Which leaves very few other options as to why I have no issue. Possibly drain line geometry? No clue……..

Tags
controller, toilet