Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2021, 05:25 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
SaniMarin Tsb 20-038?

Has anyone had the SaniMarin TSB done yet and did it make any difference? Twice I have tried to get Entegra to send me the part, but they have refused. Not sure if it's worth going to a dealer during Snowbird season for the TSB. Still very surprised Entegra will not let owners that are very capable save them some money.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2021, 05:55 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
An owner posted with a Reatta that had it done and said there was no improvement. They had a dealer switch theirs out. It was posted in New Reatta.....
Old 03-17-2021, 06:41 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
An owner posted with a Reatta that had it done and said there was no improvement. They had a dealer switch theirs out. It was posted in New Reatta.....
Thanks Tim, The post I read said Sanicon and the reason I made this post. I didn't know if the Reatta has the same toilets as the Cornerstones or Anthems. Just curious if others with the SaniMarin saw any change. If not, I will not rush out to get the TSB.
Old 03-17-2021, 12:42 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thanks Tim, The post I read said Sanicon and the reason I made this post. I didn't know if the Reatta has the same toilets as the Cornerstones or Anthems. Just curious if others with the SaniMarin saw any change. If not, I will not rush out to get the TSB.

I could have mistakenly referred to it as a Sanicon. I have since learned the Saniocn Turbo 700 System is the macerator system.

The toilet in my MBR that doesn't flush correctly is the SaniMarin 4RV SN4 SaniFlo model.

To put things into perspective:

Feb 25th:
1. Took delivery of the rig late afternoon.
2. Got home just after 7:00 PM, plugged in the shore power, and secured the unit.

Feb 26th: DW's BD, spent most of the day cooking (3 racks of apple rubbed ribs on the Trager). Early evening DD, SIL, and Grands show up for dinner and a sleep over. DD points out a couple of issues that needed to be addressed by the dealer. One of which was toilet in MBR acting like it was plugged. Included that issue on my punch list.

Feb 27th:
1. Left for maiden/shakedown cruise. Continued compiling punch list.
2. Researched this Forum and learned about fleetwide problem with SaniFlo toilets in 2021 Entegras and that a TSB had been issued.

March 5th:
1. Emailed Punch list to dealer who confirmed receipt and advised it had been forwarded to Service Dept.
2. Was informed by dealer they received replacement control panel I had ordered for NoFlo toilet. (I never ordered anything. I assumed Entegra had taken the initiative and sent it to me.)

March 10th: Service Dept called and made appointment for morning of March 15th to replace NoFlo control panel and a April 1st appointment to address other issues. Service Rep was unaware of any issue/problem associated with Entegra SaniFlo toilets.

March 15th:
1. 9:30 AM, Rig taken to dealer to replace NoFlo control panel. Same Service Tech still remained unaware of any problems with Entegra SaniFlo system.
2. 5:00 PM, Rig was ready to go. I tested toilet and informed Tech Rep I noticed no appreciable improvement in flush cycle.

There was one improvement in the flush cycle. After pushing the desired flush button more water is added to the bowl before it flushes. However, the flush itself performs as if the toilet is plugged up.

I just conducted a google search of SaniMairn products and found one 6-7 minute video regarding installation and use of one of their toilets. Although the installation was on a boat and the toilet a different model, the mechanics remain the same. Here is the link to that video: https://youtu.be/jFZDf_LHaJI

I wanted to watch a demonstration of the actual flush. The flush sequence in the video happens at 4.28 minutes into the video. I gotta say it is just like what happens with my toilet. The light sound of a motor (the macerator) followed by a light flush, almost as if the toilet is plugged.

I went out to my rig and DW and I conducted a series of test flush using the all three cycles, ECO, Normal, and Empty.

1. First Test ECO Cycle: Macerator motor engaged, water entered the bowl, there was a light, insignificant flush, more water entered the bowl, followed by slightly stronger flush.

2. Second Test ECO-Cycle: Using one using a single sheet of TP. Same sequence as before, but the second, stronger flush got rid of the sheet of TP.

3. Third Test ECO-Cycle: Using red colored Gator Aid. Same flush sequence and some to most of the coloration flushed. A second flush got rid of all the coloration.

4. Fourth Test Normal Cycle: Using red colored Gator Aid. Basically the same sequence as the ECO-Cycle, but with a stronger flush. Still had to flush twice to get rid of the coloration.

5. Fifth test Empty Cycle: Using red colored Gator Aid. One single purge that didn't seem to remove much of the red coloration. Got rid of the residue using the Normal cycle and one flush.

6. Sixth Test ECO-Cycle: Courtesy of 16 year Bella, this was test of how well the toilet handled solid waste on the ECO Cycle. Because the test sample landed on an outer edge of the water level, it took 2-flush cycles to get rid of the solids

7. Seventh Test Normal Cycle: Using a larger mass of solid waste, courtesy again of Bella, that landed in the bottom of the bowl it took one flush to clear the bowl.

I made a video of these tests and as soon as I figure out how to post it I will.
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 04:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Has anyone had the SaniMarin TSB done yet and did it make any difference? Twice I have tried to get Entegra to send me the part, but they have refused. Not sure if it's worth going to a dealer during Snowbird season for the TSB. Still very surprised Entegra will not let owners that are very capable save them some money.
We go to NiRVC Lawrenceville
, GA on Monday morning to have this recall done among other things, Hopefully I will be able to report something on this good or bad , I am not holding my breath on the good.
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 04:23 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We’re scheduled for next Thursday 3/25 to have TSB done.
Old 03-18-2021, 05:55 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
We’re scheduled for next Thursday 3/25 to have TSB done.
Look forward to hear what you think of the improvement.
Old 03-18-2021, 06:55 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I was able to upload the video I made to an Entegra Owner's FB page. Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ente...13952312034938
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Has anyone had the SaniMarin TSB done yet and did it make any difference?
I'll let you know; I'm picking mine up from NIRVC tomorrow and that was on the list of things to do. According to my SA it involves pulling the old control board out and replacing it with a new one. He said it was difficult getting to it.

We have a weekend trip planned so I'll have plenty of opportunity to test it.
lo-tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 01:17 PM   #10

Well yesterday NIRVC installed the new and improved controllers in our 21 Anthem for the Sani-Marin toilets. So far to say there is a big improvement in flushing ability of the toilets I cannot. I can say they use a fair amount more water and one of them seems to flush better, by that I mean one of them seems to flush everything from the bottom of the bowl the other one however does not. The area where I can not see any difference is in the yellow and red lights. After the controllers were installed I dumped the tanks and reset the controllers , the one toilet took 1 flush for the yellow light to come on and the other took 2 flushes. Our service advisor said that the next time they get our coach in they will contact Entegra to try and figure out the problem.

On another note we also are having the recall done on the Steering box to make sure the box does not come loose and they called Spartan to get the necessary parts to do so and were told that the parts were on back order and they would not be in until next week. So I guess we will be waiting here until they arrive whether we want to or not.
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:42 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Well, ahead of schedule we had the new controller installed today. So far, I have only flushed the water in the bowl. The Eco mode seems pretty anemic. The Normal mode seems to do a double flush with the first half seeming to be weak with a second stronger flush. I’ll follow up with some real world experiences. How exciting��.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:51 PM   #12

You guys are making me feel pretty good about the noisy and somewhat trouble-prone Thetford Aria Deluxe toilet in our 2018 45B.

For what it may be worth, Amy & I spent a numerous summers houseboating up at Lake Powell. Everything from beat-up rental houseboats to a really nice 65 foot houseboat in which we were partners for a number of years (see photo below). ALL of them had virtually fool-proof foot-pedal toilets.

As it turns out, Thetford makes a toilet identical to the Aria Deluxe in our motorhome, but with a foot-pedal flush instead of electric. Below are parts diagrams for each of those two toilets. Wanna know why electric toilets are more problematic than foot-pedal toilets? How about twice the number of parts (10 vs. 20) to accomplish the exact same thing?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Img 001.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	322518   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thetford Aria Classic.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	322519  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thetford Aria Deluxe II.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	322520  
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:54 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Having had a chance to use the new controller, I wouldn’t rush to get one installed. It turns out both flushing modes do a double flush, but we needed to still push the button a second time to get the bowl cleared. Again, this is with very little usage. Maybe it’ll get better.
Old 03-25-2021, 05:59 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you all for the feedback on the SaniMarin TBS. Looks like I won't be making a special trip to get that taken care of. Hard to believe Entegra will not let me save them the labor cost of having it installed.