Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2015, 03:03 PM   #15

We currently have the Winegard in motion that came with the coach on DirecTv. When I add the traveler is it as simple as an A-B style switch feeding the DirecTv Box? Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2015, 04:42 PM   #16

Why does Entegra install 4 HD TV's when you buy a Coach with the standard Winegard Road Trip Mission In Motion Dome set for Direct TV and you can't get HD from that set up?

Are they trying to save money?

I think the difference from the Dome vs Trav'ler is $400.00.

If I do change out the WRTM with a Trav'ler can the wiring be used as well as the on and off control.
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:47 PM   #17

Another vote for the Trav'ler. Simple (and super cool) to operate and great picture. Highly recommended.

Anthony
anthonynalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:52 PM   #18
JJT

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good To Go View Post
Why does Entegra install 4 HD TV's when you buy a Coach with the standard Winegard Road Trip Mission In Motion Dome set for Direct TV and you can't get HD from that set up?

Are they trying to save money?

I think the difference from the Dome vs Trav'ler is $400.00.

If I do change out the WRTM with a Trav'ler can the wiring be used as well as the on and off control.

I would like to know as well.............
JJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlrman View Post
We currently have the Winegard in motion that came with the coach on DirecTv. When I add the traveler is it as simple as an A-B style switch feeding the DirecTv Box? Thanks
Yes. That is my setup.
From a hardware point of view, it's just an simple A-B switch. But you do have to re-do the satellite setup from the DirecTV menu when you switch sources, which takes about 5 minutes.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:56 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT View Post
[/B]
I can't speak for 2014 but from what I understand, the 2015s were set up with the dome up front and prewiring for the Trav'ler at a different location, between air conditioners 1 and 2. So you wouldn't really swap out your dome. You would locate your Trav'ler in a different location, where the prewire is. That would make it an easy install. You could then keep the dome and install the A/B switch and change the setup, etc in your DVR or receiver's menu. Or, you could remove the dome, fill up the holes, abandon the wiring to the dome's controller and just hook up your Trav'ler. The Trav'ler and dome use different controllers. The Trav'lers isn't a wallplate style it's a table top box, like a small satellite receiver and gets placed in the entertainment center by your DVR, Blu-Ray player, etc.

With the changes that have been made recently I would check with Entegra to verify that your coach is set up the latest way before assuming anything.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:11 PM   #21

Entegra wires for both Dome and Travler. We often have Elkhart Sat come up and wire both this gives the best of both worlds SD while on the road so kids and family can watch TV and full HD when parked. The way they are wired sets both antennas to SWM so no messing with resetting the receiver between antennas.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:16 PM   #22

The dome is wired with the sw plate in the front overhead above the entry door and sends LNB 1 to the main TV and LNB 2 to the bedroom. The Travler wiring is for the control box in the main TV compartment and all the LNB wiring goes into the basement from there it can be sent to each TV so you could have a receiver for each TV if you wanted.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:18 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
I can't speak for 2014 but from what I understand, the 2015s were set up with the dome up front and prewiring for the Trav'ler at a different location, between air conditioners 1 and 2. So you wouldn't really swap out your dome. You would locate your Trav'ler in a different location, where the prewire is. That would make it an easy install.
I asked them to wire my coach in 2014 the way you describe during the "Tadd-less" period. They said "no way". I wrote them that consumers wanted this setup. Interesting how things change.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:05 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mainiac View Post
The way they are wired sets both antennas to SWM so no messing with resetting the receiver between antennas.
I have both and use the A-B switch. Are you saying that I can run my dome through the SWM I use for the Travler and avoid the A-B switch and the reprogramming? I'd be interested in that for sure.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:58 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Prior to my Trav'ler upgrade I had my KingDome run through an SWM8 so that it was SWM, just like the external SWM dish. I didn't have to change the SWM/MultiSwitch setting in the DVR when swapping but I still had to go between 18" round (for the dome) and 5LNB Oval (or something like that) for the external dish because it was HD and the dome was not.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #26

hawguy - You can install a SWM adaptor on the in motion so you don't have to reprogram every time you switch. You still need the A/B switch though.
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
jb4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:42 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT View Post
[/B]
Well most parks offer cable TV free, if you are going to be there awhile and then you connect the cable and voila high def on all TVs also you do get all local channels in that area we have a dome it works extremely well under way, however im on my 2nd one in which entegra once again stood behind me when I had a problem and had a guy in vegas install a new dome, mike O, Jacob and all the contacts at entegra knew the problem in 10 minutes and winegard had not a clue 3 different whole day calls. not saying all at winegard are clueless though Prolly had all day or knew and did not want to cough up a new unit JMHO. And experience Just Sayinn
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:44 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
Well most parks offer cable TV free, if you are going to be there awhile and then you connect the cable and voila high def on all TVs also you do get all local channels in that area we have a dome it works extremely well under way, however im on my 2nd one in which entegra once again stood behind me when I had a problem and had a guy in vegas install a new dome, mike O, Jacob and all the contacts at entegra knew the problem in 10 minutes and winegard had not a clue 3 different whole day calls. not saying all at winegard are clueless though Prolly had all day or knew and did not want to cough up a new unit JMHO. And experience Just Sayinn

After the warranty is up, Winegard knows the answer. "that unit is outdated and need to be replaced or the update kit is XX" Still a good company to deal with and makes good products. I have had two travelers and never a problem with either one of them expect when I tried t connect DirectTV to my Dish installed Traveler from Entegra that was in "no way" going to be installed. Be careful what you wish for.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish, satellite