Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Security Alarm

Our Cornerstone has a security alarm that "sets" with an audible chirp whenever you lock the door with either the keyfob or the security door pad.

My question: what actually trips that alarm? Opening the door? Breaking glass? Motion? Can't figure out what exactly it is securing. Any help?
"If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes".
paparazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2017, 06:00 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On my rig opening any door trips it, even the engine bay doors.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #3

Don't know about motion or cargo door, but main door and glass breakage will definitely set it off. Also a bug bomb will set off the carbon monoxide detector which will activate the glass breakage detector which will set off the main alarm, at least on my Cornerstone.😳😳
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:04 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Don't know about motion or cargo door, but main door and glass breakage will definitely set it off. Also a bug bomb will set off the carbon monoxide detector which will activate the glass breakage detector which will set off the main alarm, at least on my Cornerstone.😳😳
Thanks J.H.

Curious to learn how you found out all those interactions. Hopefully not first hand.
"If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes".
paparazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by paparazi View Post
Thanks J.H.

Curious to learn how you found out all those interactions. Hopefully not first hand.
Yes, first hand.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:29 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I still think the purpose of a Burgler Alarm should be to alarm the Burglar. So two choices.

My parrish Priest used to have a statue of a dog. Black Lab, Attack Pose. (Till someone stold it) You entered the Rectory and . Well you paused till you knew it was plaster not fles.

Now equip it with a pre-recorded growl and motion detector eyes....

Second system
Didital recording.. 30 seconds to 1 minute of slience, Then rack a shotgun.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by paparazi View Post
Our Cornerstone has a security alarm that "sets" with an audible chirp whenever you lock the door with either the keyfob or the security door pad.

My question: what actually trips that alarm? Opening the door? Breaking glass? Motion? Can't figure out what exactly it is securing. Any help?
Drop a belt buckle on the floor, coffee cups or dishes clanging together, a yippy dog barking to name a few 😡.
There is an adjustment at each sensor and ours were factory set at the most sensitive setting.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:52 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I personally enjoyed one of our first nights in the coach - used the button over the bed to lock the doors.. Wife got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and off went the alarm due to the motion detectors... I still want to know who's idea it was to have the buttons over the bed also set the motion detectors inside the coach... I read there is an adjustment that can be made to fix that but haven't gone looking for the black box in the dash yet.

17 Aspire 44B
Holmrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:19 AM   #9

The first night in our coach was very hot because we had problems figuring everything out

At 5am I flipped the covers off the bed which cause the pull chain to hit the blades of the ceiling fan over the bed. I could hear an alarm going off but it took a few seconds for me to realize it was ours. Apparently the chain hitting the fan blades sounded like breaking glass. We didn’t know how to turn it off for a few minutes. A few hours later we sheepishly left the camp ground in our new coach.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:41 AM   #10

We don’t have motion detectors. There are two glass breakage sensors, one by the passenger seat, and in or coach, one by the sink in the rear bath. They are adjustable and the Trimark control box is under the fake wood tray on the dash. This tray is held in place with Velcro at each corner. My Trimark module has been replaced twice. I think the cause is condensation on the AC duct dripping on the module which is just laying under the duct. I relocated the last unit away from the duct.

If the door doesn’t lock/unlock electricity, clean the brass buttons on the door and door frame with sand paper or steel wool. If that doesn’t do it remove the two screws holding the buttons in the door and gently pull the unit out and check the wire connections. Mine were loose due to plastic nuts being cracked which could not tighten the connectors. I replace them with metal nuts.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:21 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
We just unplugged the sensors. Not too worried about breaking glass since we are usually in it, and to steal something, the door probably needs to be opened, which will set off the alarm. We are ready for that.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote