Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2020, 05:39 AM   #1

SeeLevel monitor in wet bay not working

I have a 2016 Anthem 44B. The SeeLevel tank monitor in the outside wet bay is showing no LED lights but the one in the 1/2 bath cabinet works fine. I pulled the F4 fuse in the 1/2 bath cabinet and it was fine, reinstalled it and the 1/2 bath monitor still worked but the outside monitor is still dark. The green light showing pump operation still works on both panels. I think I need a replacement monitor for the wet bay. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance.

Mark Nelson
kerrvillepil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2020, 06:24 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, had it on my 14. Swap the monitors in the bath and wet bay. If the bad monitor still does not work replace the monitor. I talked with Seelevel at the Tampa show, they said they had problems with some of the monitors. Here is their troubleshooting info. https://www.garnetinstruments.com/support-documents/
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:06 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hi Mark,

I believe the Model installed is a 709-P3W.

Here's the manual for that model: https://www.garnetinstruments.com/wp...anual_v3.6.pdf

Chuck's suggestion to swap the displays is a logical first step.

Take care,
Stu
Old 09-08-2020, 10:27 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Hi Mark,

I believe the Model installed is a 709-P3W.

Here's the manual for that model: https://www.garnetinstruments.com/wp...anual_v3.6.pdf

Chuck's suggestion to swap the displays is a logical first step.

Take care,
Stu
Stu,
I believe 709-P3W includes the propane level. the 709-P3 does not. it is here: https://www.garnetinstruments.com/wp...anual_v3.7.pdf

I have a question. Currently in storage, Inverter panel says house batteries are at 12.6 Volts, Generator start panel says chassis batteries are at 12.4 Volts. When I push the battery button on my seelevel panel it says 11.4 volts. Which batteries is that reading? The fact that I have to play the panel switch game to see if my outside one is actually dead also, doesn't help.

Later ...
Ray
RayandWendy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:14 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayandWendy View Post
Stu,
I believe 709-P3W includes the propane level. the 709-P3 does not. it is here: https://www.garnetinstruments.com/wp...anual_v3.7.pdf
Hi Ray,

Doh!!!! Exactly right.

Quote:
I have a question. Currently in storage, Inverter panel says house batteries are at 12.6 Volts, Generator start panel says chassis batteries are at 12.4 Volts. When I push the battery button on my seelevel panel it says 11.4 volts. Which batteries is that reading? The fact that I have to play the panel switch game to see if my outside one is actually dead also, doesn't help.

Later ...
Ray
Here's a schematic:

Click image to enlarge.
Click image for larger version

Name:	SeeLevel Schematic.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	300296

that shows that the only voltage that the panel sees is that supplied by the 12v that feeds the system. That should be house battery voltage and should be consistent with any other house battery voltage displayed, regardless of where the house battery voltage is sensed/displayed.

The text in the manual contains this: The system also shows the RV battery voltage by measuring the voltage which powers the display. The voltage is shown with a resolution of 0.1 volt.

That doesn't make any claim about accuracy of the reading, just that the resolution is 0.1v. If you're reasonably skilled with a voltmeter, you should be able to check a few voltages (directly at the house batteries and at the SeeLevel 12v. feed) to determine if the SeeLevel display is accurately showing the voltage of its feed and if the voltage at the SeeLevel display is the same as the voltage at the batteries.

I'd do what Chuck suggested, swap the two displays and see if the problem follows one display. If so, you've found your problem.

Take care,
Stu
Old 09-08-2020, 11:44 AM   #6

I'm having the same issue. Looks like they are expensive to replace at +$200 a copy. If you come up with a reliable source at less cost let us all know. Thanks.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 12:12 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
Looks like they are expensive to replace at +$200 a copy. If you come up with a reliable source at less cost let us all know.
Hi Robert,

Are ya feelin' lucky?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SeeLevel-70...0AAOSwePdfU-Np

I'm not claiming this as a reliable source, but, it's only a $65 gamble.

Good luck.

Take care,
Stu
Old 09-08-2020, 12:19 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the wiring diagram. I have checked the voltage at the batteries and the Seelevel monitor is wrong. The manual mentions bad grounds as a problem, that will be my first look.

Later ...
Ray
Old 09-08-2020, 03:04 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Hi Robert,

Are ya feelin' lucky?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SeeLevel-70...0AAOSwePdfU-Np

I'm not claiming this as a reliable source, but, it's only a $65 gamble.

Good luck.

Take care,
Stu
Found this at RVupgrades for $87 https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Seele.../709-p3-mo.htm

Later ...
Ray
Old 09-09-2020, 07:10 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
I'm having the same issue. Looks like they are expensive to replace at +$200 a copy. If you come up with a reliable source at less cost let us all know. Thanks.

I believe this price is for the whole system and not just the monitor. RVUpgrades is the official site from the manufacturer to acquire the system and the components.

I have the same problem that the outside monitor does not work. I do have a voltmeter. Anybody have any instructions how to bench test the monitor to see if it should be working? Or test the connections that go to the monitor?

Thanks
Aangulo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:48 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Found this at RVupgrades for $87 https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Seele.../709-p3-mo.htm

Later ...
Ray
Hi Ray,

It looks like Garnet is manufacturing a bluetooth capable monitor: https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Garne...09-btp3-mo.htm

I don't see the model without the propane monitor, but, I'd expect that it would be available somewhere. Quite a bit more expensive than the non-bluetooth monitor, for sure.

Take care,
Stu
Old 09-09-2020, 08:18 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I saw that And it has crossed my mind, especially since it does say it can replace the ones we have.

Still have to get out there and do my troubleshooting first.

Later ...
Ray
Old 09-27-2020, 01:58 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Well, finally got out to the coach to troubleshoot the outside tank monitor not working. Swapped inside and outside, now both work. Must have been a bad connection.

Only problem is they both still read the house batteries at 11.8 volts even though the Magnum control panels show 13.1 volts.

Later ...
Ray
Old 09-27-2020, 02:51 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Well, finally got out to the coach to troubleshoot the outside tank monitor not working. Swapped inside and outside, now both work. Must have been a bad connection.

Only problem is they both still read the house batteries at 11.8 volts even though the Magnum control panels show 13.1 volts.

Later ...
Ray
If the connection is bad could also be causing the low battery voltage reading. A volt meter on the batteries would tell which one is accurate.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monitor