Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2021, 03:53 AM   #1

Set up adaptive cruise control? little help please

Just picked up our new to us, 2020 Anthem. I watched video and it shows place in accelerator position to go to to set up the distance and to enable it. I do not get that message anywhere in that file, or anywhere else. Anyone know where the file might be located? Thing sure drives nice. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2021, 05:43 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Turn the the joystick to change the distance settings, push it in to lock that setting.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 02:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Turn the the joystick to change the distance settings, push it in to lock that setting.
X2.
J Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 03:49 AM   #4

Thanks for post. Utube video stated all 2020 Anthem models had this. Found out not true. My unit does not.

safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:59 AM   #5

Butch

It has to be there somewhere. My coach is a 19 but I hate adaptive cruise control on my coach so have been fighting Entegra about that POS since the day I bought my coach in May 2018. Now, given all my conversations with Entegra about this system (and there have been MANY) on my and all their coaches, I am almost 100% sure that you are able to defeat it somehow. Now, might it defeat differently than my 19, maybe, but I can't believe they have removed the ability to turn it off. On 18s, NowaBeachBum found the way to defeat it on that vintage of coach. On my 19, it defeats using the JoyStick and going to the position to chose if you want long, medium, or short following distance. There is a fourth position below low (or alternately, counterclockwise one position from "long") and that position is "defeated" and when I choose it, and press the joy stick down to lock it in, then I get the message that "ACC disabled" on my dash screen which alternates constantly in that window to remind me that it is no longer controlling my speed.

I would bet a lot of money that you have that ability.... but just haven't figured it out yet.

I turn my ACC off 98% of the time as soon as I start the engine and the 2% that I don't turn it off is only because I have forgotten to do it until I get underway and realize that damn capability is making me follow some bozo in front of me at whatever speed they are deciding to drive at..... and then I quickly turn it off.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 11:25 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Flying Butch has an Anthem. I’ve had two that don’t have adaptive cruise
Old 05-22-2021, 11:46 AM   #7

Tim, then that is a horse of a completely different color.

And a lot easier.... just don't engage Cruise Control....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 03:21 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Anthem cruise control works fine, just have to pay attention and adjust for conditions. I do most of my speed changes with the buttons on steering wheel.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, cruise control