Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2015, 05:05 AM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Bill, I think you hold the record. It might be time that Entegra looks and your coach to find why one coach would go through 23 motors with no end in site. Maybe your coach holds the reason why so many motors are failing.
We will be there on Sep 28 for PDI. I hope they will have some plan to take a look at that kind of stuff by then. I keep hoping the next one I change will be the last one.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2015, 05:18 AM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
I don't think I could wait that long with the amount of motors you have had to replace. We are fortunate we have a nice airport they could fly into to examine the problem on you coach. It would be beneficial to many others.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:52 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I don't think I could wait that long with the amount of motors you have had to replace. We are fortunate we have a nice airport they could fly into to examine the problem on you coach. It would be beneficial to many others.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
I have my first motor fail on the front passenger night shade. First it worked intermittent, then I had to pull it down and it went back up by motor, now the whole thing is dead. Talked with Entegra and they are sending me the motor and told me that the shade company and the technicians are all over it trying to figure it out. Being I am a 2015 model they are sending me an instruction sheet to check out 3 different shade modules that are in the front, middle and rear of the coach. I'm waiting on the email with that info. They are checking for some sort of plastic part that might be blocking a contact that might have to be cleaned off to make a good contact. As soon as I get the info I'll inform.

Despite the minor happening, I love my coach. Entegra has been great a walking me through fixes. I have no complaints and am sure they will eventually get this all figured out.
garyhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:29 AM   #47

It sounds like in my case it's just an intermittent motor so sooner than later it will probably quit altogether. I h have 3 motors in the bays so for now...
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in FL View Post
We will be there on Sep 28 for PDI. I hope they will have some plan to take a look at that kind of stuff by then. I keep hoping the next one I change will be the last one.
I also have appointments for September 28😊
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:43 PM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelling View Post
I also have appointments for September 28😊
It will be great to meet you. My list is growing. Small stuff for the most part.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:58 PM   #50

All this talk about motors DSL417 walks in the coach and sheri walks up to me and says hey why is that night shade down Dave and i cringe. So i decided to put the new motors in. Mine are green they sent yellow the bracket on the end of the yellow is to large to fit the slot as the yellow motor end peg that goes in the slot is way larger than the green it also is not removable also if the were the screws are not lined up am i missing something. as far as i could see was the only way to get them back in is to remove the male end put it in the slot then slide the end roller screw after tightening it then slide the motor side into the already in the hole bracket and insert the 2 set screws that hold it still in the slot...
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:57 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
All this talk about motors DSL417 walks in the coach and sheri walks up to me and says hey why is that night shade down Dave and i cringe. So i decided to put the new motors in. Mine are green they sent yellow the bracket on the end of the yellow is to large to fit the slot as the yellow motor end peg that goes in the slot is way larger than the green it also is not removable also if the were the screws are not lined up am i missing something. as far as i could see was the only way to get them back in is to remove the male end put it in the slot then slide the end roller screw after tightening it then slide the motor side into the already in the hole bracket and insert the 2 set screws that hold it still in the slot...
Johnny, I know the end of the yellow motor is larger than the green motors, but at least on mine it would still fit through the bracket slot. I didn't put any screws in mine for the ones on the side windows. The shade can float, but can't come out at least on mine. It's been working like that for several months. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:25 PM   #52

Guess im just lucky
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:32 PM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
All I had to do was talk about shade motors and I get two failures in a week. naturally, one is the next to impossible entry night shade. I sent a note to senior management.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:11 AM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
All I had to do was talk about shade motors and I get two failures in a week. naturally, one is the next to impossible entry night shade. I sent a note to senior management.
One of our forum member that has talked with Don Brubaker regarding motor failures is currently at Entegra now. I am anxious to hear from him if they have made any headway with the motor problems yet.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:38 AM   #55

Entegra Owners Club
Hope I don't jinx it, but I am three weeks now without a failure. I agree, the entry door and toll window shades are the most difficult to work on.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:10 AM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in FL View Post
Hope I don't jinx it, but I am three weeks now without a failure. I agree, the entry door and toll window shades are the most difficult to work on.
I know I am pointing out the obvious, but these and the front shades unfortunately are the most frequently used. Didn't I read where Entegra has an on-going test of a motor? Maybe they should put a load on it during the test if all they are doing is repeatedly cycling it.
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote