Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2021, 06:50 PM   #1

Shade motor failure or??

I've seen many posts on here about people having issues with shade motors. I never really paid attention because I only have my front shades powered. Well, for the last few days my driver side night shade has been stubborn. It would always go down fine but when trying to raise the button would beep. After a few tries, it would go up. Now it won't go down, just beep, beep, beep. Is that a motor issue? I thought the motor issues would just do nothing when the button was pressed, so the beeping has me confused. I also have some wires hanging down with buttons on the end, which I assume is a reset button but I don't know the process to reset. TIA for help! Click image for larger version

Name:	20211022_194924.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	346901
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2021, 07:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerViz View Post
I've seen many posts on here about people having issues with shade motors. I never really paid attention because I only have my front shades powered. Well, for the last few days my driver side night shade has been stubborn. It would always go down fine but when trying to raise the button would beep. After a few tries, it would go up. Now it won't go down, just beep, beep, beep. Is that a motor issue? I thought the motor issues would just do nothing when the button was pressed, so the beeping has me confused. I also have some wires hanging down with buttons on the end, which I assume is a reset button but I don't know the process to reset. TIA for help! Attachment 346901
The beep, beep, beep sounds like a programming issue. The button on the wire is used to program the shade motor.
J Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:54 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
A 12v reboot will often correct a shade motor.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 06:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
A 12v reboot will often correct a shade motor.
Tried that first, several times. No change. I'm guessing when yours failed they just stopped working, no beeping?
Old 10-23-2021, 06:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gunter View Post
The beep, beep, beep sounds like a programming issue. The button on the wire is used to program the shade motor.
Are there instructions somewhere on how to program or do I need to make a phone call?
Old 10-23-2021, 06:22 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerViz View Post
Tried that first, several times. No change. I'm guessing when yours failed they just stopped working, no beeping?
I have had both, reprogramming as Jerry mentioned, and a fail shade motor that beeped. Here are the programming instructions. https://mcdinnovations.com/info-for-...mit-adjustment
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have had both, reprogramming as Jerry mentioned, and a fail shade motor that beeped. Here are the programming instructions. https://mcdinnovations.com/info-for-...mit-adjustment
Thanks. This is a big help. Of course when I went to begin the programming, the shade was working fine. So I'll not mess with it while it is working. Sheeesh.
Old 10-23-2021, 04:00 PM   #8

Don’t you just hate it when things fix themselves. It always leaves me with a nagging feeling in the back of my brain that the problem will reoccur at the worst possible moment.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 06:36 AM   #9

Mine has done that as well.

According to the shade manual, the beeping is a "low voltage" alarm. Not sure I believe it is truthful, but regardless, it's telling us the shade motor is "unhappy"

I had one that it's "up stop" position would drift down over time. I'd reprogram it. Repeatedly. Then it started "beeping" I'd repeatedly push the switch, eventually it would respond. I did eventually replace that motor.

as of summer 2021, the newest motor is WHITE, and oddly it is called "Black Pearl."
This motor can be used to replace all previous motors.

I found both the best price and "IN STOCK" at Integrity RV Parts.
Here's the link: https://integrityrvparts.com/collect...a8ef450a&_ss=r

Replacement is easy. The shade just clips/unclips. There is plenty of extra wire. You'll want to pop off the windshield pillar trim on the side you're working on. You will need to splice the wires.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor