Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2022, 07:10 AM   #1

Shade motor question

Is Rollertrol still the desired source for the discontinued "red" shade motors in my 2013 Anthem? which of their part numbers do you order and do they have the set button feature?

Or is there another alternate source for compatable shade motors?

Sorry for rehashing old ground but i haven't been able to keep up with the latest on the forum lately......and I'm in my usual panic state of anxiety with 7 shade motors not operating. The Entegra retrofit items at $285 each is not gonna happen so I desperately need a source for the old red shade motors circa 2013/2014.

Thanks for the help!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2022, 09:06 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Al the newest greatest motors now are the white motors call "Black Pearl" go figure. They are by MCD shades. They use to be 4 for $150 on ebay but now carry a price tag of $150. each, after the pandemic price increases. Some have found them at dealers and posted priced of $138. Let us know or maybe some one else has come up with something better lately.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 09:11 AM   #3

Ordered ours through theses guys;

https://integrityrvparts.com/product...hade-motor-12v

It’s a Newmar part number but it’s what you want.
You will have to modify the end caps to fit your bracket. Took us longer to figure out how to program than install….
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 09:29 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Al, I found these for @28.95 don't know if they will work, but with your engineering background, you might find a way. https://www.ebay.com/itm/35439663633...Bk9SR7qw9_eeYQ

One on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Roll.../dp/B07H8PFNJZ
Old 12-09-2022, 01:32 PM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
After needing to replace my Red motor with the Black Pearl I didn’t bother setting up the program. It isn’t like I’m going to drop the shade to the dash while cruising down the road. I also can drop the Sun shade on the fly when I want to cut the glare while backing into a spot.

Dropping the blackout shade while underway gets a rise out of the co-pilot.
Old 12-09-2022, 01:34 PM   #6

still looking

Thanks for your input!

The Newmar parts are an option but at $190 each I'll be looking for manual shade replacements...LOL This part is basically what Entegra is offering also. Entegra wants $290 from the factory but even with a healthy dealer discount they are still cost prohibitive for a multitude of replacements especially looking down the road when more start to fail.

Brobox, good chance those could be made to work in a fashion, but they are out of stock... I'll keep watching to see if they show up again.

Given the worst case multiple more shade motor replacement required in the future I may just start looking for a manual shade replacement for the whole coach. The automatic stuff is nice but given the RV industry record for long term service I have experienced I do not count on anything being available for long anymore. Hell, half the time you cannot get even "in model year" parts such as DEF sending units, engine wiring harnesses, A/C parts, etc. I already have a multitude of "off label" parts on our coach to keep it operational. The affordable RV mainstream industry is heading down a rat hole anyway in MHO.

BTW: thanks to the individual who gifted me a bundle of red motors way back when they were being handed out by Entegra for the 2014's. I've used those up in previous failures and one of my current failures is actually one of those replacement motors if I'm not mistaken so even the reds from back then were not totally bullet proof.

Tough choice to consider a used coach anymore when window shades on one window could cost over $600 for repair including even a modest labor rate. The coach is basically unusable without them unless you always boon dock where there is no one in the vacinity....LOL.
Old 12-10-2022, 07:26 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
What I did was used working motors from shades that we do not use (stayed closed all the time) and reused them in shade we use often.
Oldguy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 05:51 PM   #8

One of my 2 new Integrity RV "Black Pearl" white motors has failed. Drivers side night shade dead, doesn't even beep.
I'll pull it down tomorrow and check the wiring.
They are up to $189 at integrity, I might go with the amazon choice for 1/3 the price.
The ebay one doesn't look like it has the up and down limit settings button.

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 07:01 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
One of my 2 new Integrity RV "Black Pearl" white motors has failed. Drivers side night shade dead, doesn't even beep.
I'll pull it down tomorrow and check the wiring.
They are up to $189 at integrity, I might go with the amazon choice for 1/3 the price.
The ebay one doesn't look like it has the up and down limit settings button.
Look close as the details in the left panel. It shows the adjustment screw just like the original yellow motors had.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Look close as the details in the left panel. It shows the adjustment screw just like the original yellow motors had.
Good catch Chuck. I would order two of those to try and get to work but they really are not available (out of stock.)
Old 12-11-2022, 05:47 PM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
Shade motor question

I have 5 new still in the box white “black pearl motors” that I no longer requireClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3239.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	350.1 KB
ID:	382508
Old 12-13-2022, 04:31 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Look at Tiffin and Newmar parts suppliers for the best prices

I found my motors from a company that supplies Newmar and Tiffin parts. I don't recall the name of the company but when I searched they had the best prices by far.

Tags
motor