I just replaced my shade motor on the passenger side of my 2012 Aspire. So here are a couple of points:
1. Be sure when you get the new motors they are the red motors
2. The wire connection is behind the passenger side TV, if you have one. If not they might be behind some of the carpet in the storage compartment.
3. There are six screws holding the shade on the ceiling.
4. Either have someone help or, as in my case, I used Brobox's recommendation to get a bungee chord and wrap around the shade as I removed the screws to hold it up. Great recommendation!!!
5. The brown wire is not used but be sure to connect the wires to the same connector as previous. When I connected (spliced in a connector for future repairs) I tested before reinstalling the TV. Glad I did!!! When I did the test the driver side went down while the passenger went up
so be sure to test your connection before reinstalling the TV or carpeting.
6. Be sure to use locktite on the screws on the shade (small and easy to strip)
6. Programming is pretty easy, simply press and hold the wire with the button until it beeps twice, lower the shade to where you want it to stop and then release the button. Repeat for the raise height.
All in all pretty simple. Mine took me about 68 minutes but no where near Chuck's record time of 28, I think.
Good luck and PM me if you would like to chat.
Also if you do a search you should find some other recommendations.
Jeff & Terri Burklo
2012 Aspire DEQ
2011 Jeep Liberty