Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2015, 04:03 PM   #1

Shopping for an Entegra

After my first rookie year in a nice 40' 2007 Allegro Bus , I am ready for a newer coach . We have thoroughly enjoyed this rv , great way to travel , and I have updated this one throughout . Put about 12,000 miles on it . I thought I would buy another Tiffin as I have become very familiar with them ,been to the factory and 'Camp Red Bay ' , and I like the product and the service.
Then I saw an Entegra.......and they look good ! Interiors seem nicer , colors and leathers look better, and they got more power. Never thought I would go with a brand new one , but man they look good . Cornerstone is really nice , but I would consider one of the other models . And I think I want to move up to a bigger one .
So I would love to hear about your experiences with your coaches in all areas. I am hoping to make it to Hershey next week , and I need to find a dealer here in SC. Mostly my wife and I traveling, with our young son and a friend , occasionally another adult.
Thanks

Rob .
Rmallardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2015, 04:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmallardjr View Post
After my first rookie year in a nice 40' 2007 Allegro Bus , I am ready for a newer coach . We have thoroughly enjoyed this rv , great way to travel , and I have updated this one throughout . Put about 12,000 miles on it . I thought I would buy another Tiffin as I have become very familiar with them ,been to the factory and 'Camp Red Bay ' , and I like the product and the service.

Then I saw an Entegra.......and they look good ! Interiors seem nicer , colors and leathers look better, and they got more power. Never thought I would go with a brand new one , but man they look good . Cornerstone is really nice , but I would consider one of the other models . And I think I want to move up to a bigger one .

So I would love to hear about your experiences with your coaches in all areas. I am hoping to make it to Hershey next week , and I need to find a dealer here in SC. Mostly my wife and I traveling, with our young son and a friend , occasionally another adult.

Thanks

Rob .

Sent you a PM.

Bob & Jennifer Stevens
2012 Aspire RBQ
Zipper and Charlie (poodles)
Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 05:48 PM   #3

Rob, we have over about 35 yrs owned 5 motorhomes , an 81 Shasta Class C , 86 Holiday Rambler, 96 Holiday Rambler, 2000 Winnebago Journey and our current 09 Allegro Bus all were used and the current coach by far has been the most problematic IMHO due to design/engineering/construction build. Totally admit Tiffin stood by and fixed but still aggravating to have floors, roof rails needing to be replaced but without the ability to make a factory service appointment so you wait in line at Red Bay.
I am saying this to you only because we understand how you feel about thinking you would purchase another Tiffin as we originally thought we would also. That was until we really started looking at Entegra from a design/engineering/construction point of view as well as the appearance.
We have ordered a 2016 Anthem 44A and just got back from the factory where we had the pleasure of seeing our coach under construction. We will be taking delivery in mid/late October.
My opinion is you can't go wrong with any of the Entegra's. Good Luck in your decision. If you have any questions feel free to PM me !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:43 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Rob, After comparing side by side at Hershey and if you still have questions, visit each factory and compare construction. The few $$ in airfare would be worth the investment.

From SC it is not that far to RVOne in Orlando or Lazy Days in Tampa.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:18 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

We had a 2004 40' Allegro Bus. It wasn't a bad coach, although I wasn't very fond of the Freightliner chassis. After 3 years we moved up to a 42' Allegro Bus, which had the tag axle that I wanted and the Spartan chassis which I wanted. It served us well but when it was time to change we went with Entegra. There is a huge difference between the two. The Entegra drives, handles and rides the best I've seen. And that refers to the Anthems as well as the Cornerstone. The insulation level makes for a comfortable, quiet coach and living in it is so much nicer than our Bus. We do have a Cornerstone but the insulation and quality of build applies to the Aspire and Anthem just as well as the Cornerstone. Take a close look at one and take an Anthem for a test drive and you'll know what your answer will be. The Allegro Bus, especially in those earlier years, is a nice coach but you'll find that Entegra takes everything, including service, to a higher level.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:57 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Just picked up my 2016 Cornerstone 45B from NIRVC in Atlanta. This is my 3RD Enterga 1ST 2014 Anthem RBQ 2ND 2015 Cornerstone 45B all 3 have 2 year warranty from JAYCO. They take your satisfaction very serious and will be there for you. New or used you can get help from their 1-800 number you will be FAMILY. Great RV, Great Service ,very well built. My 1st 2 RV's were not from NIRVC but the rest will be, so happy they (NIRVC) have be come part of the Enterga family. Good luck with your choice.
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:20 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I second the idea of NIRVC. They are a class act and a great fit for the Entegra family.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 02:54 PM   #8

Form, fit, function, and a happy wife are the top line. The top tier of standard MHs are competing hard for customers, and their efforts through good business models is showing.
Warranties add to the bottom line, 2-year, more so. It is a separate business expense that is cooked into the production books just like any other such products. It includes ALL costs, including promotions, complimentary food and beverages, parties, and after warranty grace/goodwill coverage by the vendor. In many industries I dealt with, longer warranties are "market differentiators". But cost is cost.
I have 3 more years on my EW. I paid for it!
Just sayin....
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:31 PM   #9

I am not sure why people have to be so negative when they dont ha e a dog in the fight. We love our 2015 entegra.I just spent 3 weekends making mods to the plumbing(it is a sickness I like to customize) I added a hard plumbed water softner ,grey tank flush ,electric flush valves , electric fresh tank fill valves, added a drain master sewer hose and ran hot and cold water to the front passenger side bay. The point is I have crawled in and out of this coach (as well as my past coaches) everything is done nice (even hidden areas). Entegra does try to take care of its owners, the first time we saw a cornerstone I was in the site next to it I talked to the people who owned it (actually saw them at the same campground over the following year I knew what city they lived in but lost contact info. I called Entegra (doing research on new coach and wanted to know how theirs had treated them) I described the couple and where they lived they (entegra) knew who we were talking about and got us in contact with them(talk about taking an intrest in your owners) . The two year warrenty may be built into the price but it is there and the whole entegra company really seems to take a personal intrest which is much different than 2 previous brands.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:15 PM   #10

Shopping for an Entegra

No negatives involved.
They all have good business models.
Brand loyalty is admirable and expected.
Happy Trails
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:47 PM   #11

Camp david you are an amazing fellow, you have nothing (experiance with , ownership of etc) to add to the op question but you have to place an inflamatory (atleast very easily interpreted as negative) responce which is in no way helpful. Reminds me of a thread I posted in june (after several antagonizing/presumtive posts by you and a few others I said I was exiting the thread. You kept posting on that thread for several days. Do you get that much joy posting negatives then saying what ?who me ? I did not mean anything negative. Like the other thread I will respond to you on this thread no more.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:18 AM   #12

Thanks,
This certainly didn't take long to change my mind , as I now am ready for an Entegra . No question after your comments........
Now to get to Hershey , and talk to the bank !
And decide on new or used . I always used to think a used coach was the way to go , but if the depreciation is somewhat the same , and you get excactly what you want , why not get a new one !

Thanks. Keep the comments coming.....

Rob
Rmallardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #13

Best handling and quietest coach on the market. I would add best value, best customer support and best customers. I would bet their overall satisfaction rate is the highest in the industry particularly at their price point (there is no one that can satisfy every customer 100% is 93% in my opinion. The 7% can't ever be made happy no matter what is done) . If you can make Cruzer (a very experienced RV'r as well as writer of reviews - unbiased I might add) happy then they have a winner on their hands. Their reputation for quality will help us maintain resale value when we sell or trade up in the future. We are proud to have a Entegra (2013Aspire DEQ) and are anxious for No 2 to arrive (2016 Anthem 44B - Victory Blue). You are making a great decision to go with Entegra. Hope to meet you down the road at a event or RV Park.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy10 View Post
Best handling and quietest coach on the market. I would add best value, best customer support and best customers. I would bet their overall satisfaction rate is the highest in the industry particularly at their price point (there is no one that can satisfy every customer 100% is 93% in my opinion. The 7% can't ever be made happy no matter what is done) . If you can make Cruzer (a very experienced RV'r as well as writer of reviews - unbiased I might add) happy then they have a winner on their hands. Their reputation for quality will help us maintain resale value when we sell or trade up in the future. We are proud to have a Entegra (2013Aspire DEQ) and are anxious for No 2 to arrive (2016 Anthem 44B - Victory Blue). You are making a great decision to go with Entegra. Hope to meet you down the road at a event or RV Park.
We have an 45b electric blue cornerstone and love the color, I saw a 2016 anthem in victory blue last time we were in tampa the victory blue is nothing short of amazing.