Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2021, 08:01 AM   #1

Should I ask for new Vega.

New to us 2020 Anthem, 10,000 miles. I understand there are numerous problems with the Vega touch system ( and very little firefly support). They installed an old “tested and approved” version in my system. It didn’t fix anything. I am going to list what is going on with the system

No shore power reading on Home Screen, sometimes inverter reading good sometimes not, turns heat selection off and on by itself?, turns outside lights on by itself along with water pump. Wall light panel in bedroom flashes off and on. Turns ac to heat by itself (includes cargo heat) auto climate doesn’t work. Inverter doesn’t work. When I unplug from shore power it causes fault light to go on and both inverters stop working. Day before yesterday I did a hard reset on both inverters. Fault light off and inverter worked fine. Yesterday by itself fault light on and both inverters off. Worked with Magnum tech and confirmed it was Vega touch causing problems!
I have an appointment with selling dealer September 1st. Should I ask for new Vega system or am I just for more given problems with this thing.?

Thanks in advance for any opinions guys.

Safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2021, 08:10 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
We are having our own VegaTouch challenges, but one thing I would suggest to you is to check the software version.

We took possession of our 2021 CS last May and the VegaTouch software was out of date. We were able to download the 1.4.4 SW update.

The latest version is 1.4.7.
SillyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:32 AM   #3

A while back someone was having some anomalies similar to what you are describing.
They crawled the coach and tightened all electrical connections paying attention to the grounds and their electrical gremlins went away.
All bay/cabinets panels and all chassis connections were checked.
I seem to remember the main culprit was a loose main ground.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 03:21 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
On my 19 I had a VT that totally locked up.... my fault. The 19 was the first year of the wifi VT with lots of updates with that of a new system. My coach was in storage, so I was lax on doing updates every week. When I went to take the coach out and do an update the VT crashed....there was too big of a gap between software versions.
Firefly took over my VT through my laptop and rebuilt the VT remotely. You will need a computer, not a tablet, connected to the same wifi as the VT, Firefly then can do their magic.

I have also had the shore power reading problem, it was the communication wire that plugs into the top of the transfer switch. It looks like a phone wire plug in. I twisted and pulled and finally got mine to make contact. It sounds like Firefly needs to do an online analyses of your system and possibly a complete reload.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote