Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2023, 09:54 AM   #1

Shower door adjustment

2022 Entegra Anthem 44f here.

My shower has a "pivot door", and is out of alignment with the frame after almost a year in the coach.

After searching for hours both on this forum and on the internet, it seems like there are a ton of good resources for every type of shower door except mine LOL.

I have no "min/max" adjustment screws, and no hinges to adjust, yet I've seen people mentioning adjusting their shower doors.

How exactly do you adjust the angle of these things?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2023, 10:34 AM   #2

There is a nut at the top of the hinge area on the door. You will loosen that, and it allows for the glass to slide forward and backwards on the bracket. These are at the top and bottom of the door. This will get even more out of adjustment and if you don't take your time and get someone that you trust to help you with this. I don't recommend it in the field unless you have done this before. Post a picture of your hinge and I can explain better. Is your shower actually square before you try lining it up? If not, it won't line up properly.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 10:47 AM   #3

As far as I know everything besides the door is fine, as we have been in the rig moving around since last April, and this is the first time the "handle side" has slipped too "low" making it difficult to open and close the door.

Why would you say not to do this in the field? It sounds from your description that it's a simple "loosen, slide, tighten".

Thank you so so much for your quick response <3
Old 03-28-2023, 11:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
There is a nut at the top of the hinge area on the door. You will loosen that, and it allows for the glass to slide forward and backwards on the bracket. These are at the top and bottom of the door. This will get even more out of adjustment and if you don't take your time and get someone that you trust to help you with this. I don't recommend it in the field unless you have done this before. Post a picture of your hinge and I can explain better. Is your shower actually square before you try lining it up? If not, it won't line up properly.
Bobby,
Were you able to see my response? Posting a pic of the hinge here now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9444.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	389069  
Old 03-28-2023, 12:47 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Is the coach level? If the Auto level is being used, check with level that the coach is truly level. Being out of level can cause problems like that.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 11:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Is the coach level? If the Auto level is being used, check with level that the coach is truly level. Being out of level can cause problems like that.
Yeah, we always use the auto level, then check in various spots with a real level, then do the "door test" where we open the middle bathroom door and check to see if it swings either way.

Definitely level here.

Since I never heard back from Bob, I went ahead and did it. I simply loosened the top screen, adjusted it just a tiny bit, and tightened it back down. Now my magnet securely holds, and I'm not tearing up the rubber on the bottom every time I open/close.

I'm still not understanding why this would not be recommended in the field, it was probably the single easiest thing I've done in this coach.
Old 03-29-2023, 01:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post
Yeah, we always use the auto level, then check in various spots with a real level, then do the "door test" where we open the middle bathroom door and check to see if it swings either way.

Definitely level here.

Since I never heard back from Bob, I went ahead and did it. I simply loosened the top screen, adjusted it just a tiny bit, and tightened it back down. Now my magnet securely holds, and I'm not tearing up the rubber on the bottom every time I open/close.

I'm still not understanding why this would not be recommended in the field, it was probably the single easiest thing I've done in this coach.
Not sure if your 2022 is same as my 2020 door, but I took the track loose, removed the door then removed that nylon spacer and put it on the bottom to raise the door.
Old 04-04-2023, 07:24 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I know of at least 3 Coaches that went back to Entegra for a total rebuild of the shower. Check the shower base at the door. Mine was 1/4 inch out. They kept saying they adjusted it. Did not work. I know it was a known problem in production on the f floor plans.

Gary S.
2017 Chevrolet Tahoe, M&G Braking, Blue Ox Avail
gswindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 07:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gswindle View Post
I know of at least 3 Coaches that went back to Entegra for a total rebuild of the shower. Check the shower base at the door. Mine was 1/4 inch out. They kept saying they adjusted it. Did not work. I know it was a known problem in production on the f floor plans.

Gary S.
I took our shower completely apart and redid it. It leaked at both ends and factory had put the silicone filler strips on the inside of shower. They also slid the big glass all the way against the wall which made it where the silicone filler would fall out on opposite side by the door.
The silicone filler is suppose to be on outside and caulked on the inside. Pulled track and caulked the ends so any water that got in the track had to drain back into shower through the slots in track. Also centered large glass in frame to get it away from wall and filler would stay in. Entegra had some problems with the glass shattering, in people痴 shower, and I suspect it is because of being pushed against the wall causing stress on glass.
Haven稚 had another problem in two years after redoing the shower.🙏🙏
Old 05-01-2023, 10:16 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Add another 2021 Cornerstone "F" having shower completely rebuilt this year. Had troubles getting proper adjustment, Entegra just assessed it and advised the whole thing needs to be rebuilt. Advise 4-6 weeks in the dacrory service center for this work!
High2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 02:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by High2 View Post
Add another 2021 Cornerstone "F" having shower completely rebuilt this year. Had troubles getting proper adjustment, Entegra just assessed it and advised the whole thing needs to be rebuilt. Advise 4-6 weeks in the dacrory service center for this work!
I don’t know what the factory is doing that takes 4-6 weeks unless they’re completely tearing up the base & floor etc.
I took ours completely apart and redid it in 2 days.
Old 05-02-2023, 05:40 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, Entegra advised the whole enclosure was to be rebuilt. Remove some tile, the shower base and surround, inspect for damage, reinstall correctly with proper glass and door alignment. Suspect the lengthy estimate is worst case with work required to be about 70 labor hours.
Old 05-02-2023, 05:45 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
We were at the factory for 7 to 8 weeks in 2019. The shower was a 3 week job. They had to remove the shower base to get it level and then put it back together (tile and doors).

This was a noted problem because service supervisor went to production and found a few other F痴 with same problem (base was not level with shower door).

Very frustrating, I know. Good news is it is still working great.

Gary S.
2017 Chevrolet Tahoe, M&G Braking, Blue Ox Avail
gswindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 11:04 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the info on the shower work. Could we ask where you stayed for that length of time. Did Entegra help with lodging costs?

Tags
door, shower