Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2022, 11:53 AM   #1

Shower floor leak... grout?

While walking around the D/S of the Coach I noticed a residual water stain along the rear fender panel, further investigation seems to indicate the shower area along the outside wall may be the culprit (circled in red). looking closely w/ a flashlight there are small areas that probably should be resealed.
While I could caulk the area w/ a clear high quality caulk, which doesn't necessarily guarantee a solution, I was wondering if anyone has touched up that area w/a grout which was either purchased thru Entegra, or independently, i.e. Lowes-H/D. I thought I had read in a past Post that a "flexible" grout is needed but thought I would ask the group for any suggestions.

Thanx in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3271 2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	291.7 KB
ID:	382402   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3272.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	320.8 KB
ID:	382403  

Name:	IMG_3273 2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	382404   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3274.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	382405  

2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2022, 11:58 AM   #2

On two occasions over the last 4 years, I have noticed that the plumbing drain connection underneath my shower (once) and sink (once) were loose (on different RVs, and not Entegra). Surprisingly, I believe these fittings are only tightened by hand and not necessarily with a wrench/tool. I tightened them and it got rid of the small leak. Not sure if that's what's happening for you, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

Good luck!
Chris
SJ-Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 12:06 PM   #3

same year and color as mine

Laticrete is the manufacture

grout #35 Mocha-Spectra lock part C

Mortor thinset 4-xlt Rapid, white

https://laticrete.com/en/tile-and-st.../spectralock-1

best to scrape out the crack, heat will help removing epoxy based grout.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 02:11 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Normally corner joints like that should not be grouted but should have a high quality silicone or latex sealant so that any slight movement doesn't crack the joint.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 08:32 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
First, keep in mind, grouted tile is never waterproof! There is a pan under the tile that is waterproof. Shower leaks usually come around the drain or in the corners where the enclosure is. Iím not sure how you got to why the shower is leaking but perhaps further investigation is in order.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 09:33 AM   #6

As was posted above, we noticed same stain on friends CS. We both thought it was the shower. Problem turned out to be leak under sink. They had to tear out floor in bathroom and bedroom to fix all of the water damage
Old 12-10-2022, 01:43 PM   #7

Thanx for the response's...
Gary,
There were small cracks/area's where water may have been able to infiltrate, along the edge and at the corner, in addition, the small corner shelf is screwed into the wall from underneath, there was a slight gap, since caulked, along the top edge, I'm wondering if water was entering from the screw holes.
Turbojack,
Our dual sinks are located on the opposite side of the bathroom, I removed the drawers and looked for evidence of water and saw none, checked around the area of the macerator toilet... dry, that has continued to be used with no further evidence of water leakage. The water was seen soon after my wife finished her shower, in the vicinity of the shower on the outside, leading to my assumption. The Coach had been leaning slightly forward and to the left allowing water to pool in the front D/S of the shower stall, I have since re-leveled the Coach, lowering the rear allowing for a more even distribution of water.
There was also no evidence of water on the bedroom floor underneath where the valves are located for the shower, although I did not pull the picture to gain access to the visually inspect the valves.
For better or worse, I used the NuFlex 302 caulk to seal the perimeter of the base along with the small shelf (picture) and around the drain area, when it dries it will be more translucent than white as seen in the picture.
Time will tell as to whether the problem has been solved
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3279.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	382452   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3280.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	306.2 KB
ID:	382453  

jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 08:53 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We had the exact issue on our 2018 CS, leaked in the same place outside. After several weeks of tracking the leak and looking at the grout and tile and recaulking everything possible. We still had a leak, I found that where the glass goes into the wall down on the corner of the base there is a slot cut in the wall (behind the trim, you will need to pull the glass trim out to see the gap). Water runs down the glass and hits the base and goes out through the back wall. Once I added caulk behind the trim and sealed up the gap, no more leaking. Also, the gap (cut in the tile wall was sloppy and large) and clearly not caulked.

The previous owner chased this many times as well and the dealer keep saying no leaks... this was the most frustrating item to chase, because the pitch of the RV made the water traverse in many directions and not really see a consist leak.
burt_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 06:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrugarber View Post
While walking around the D/S of the Coach I noticed a residual water stain along the rear fender panel, further investigation seems to indicate the shower area along the outside wall may be the culprit (circled in red). looking closely w/ a flashlight there are small areas that probably should be resealed.
While I could caulk the area w/ a clear high quality caulk, which doesn't necessarily guarantee a solution, I was wondering if anyone has touched up that area w/a grout which was either purchased thru Entegra, or independently, i.e. Lowes-H/D. I thought I had read in a past Post that a "flexible" grout is needed but thought I would ask the group for any suggestions.

Thanx in advance!
there should be at least a 1 ot 2" flange on the "floor pan" or liner so if there is a leak in the floor joint it should not go anywhere.
key work there is should....

anyone every seen one being built and how they are built?
pretty sure they do not use a uncoupling / decoupling membrane anywhere
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 05:54 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Regular checking and maintenance eliminates leaks

I check my shower floor where it meets the sides, the sides where they meet, and the drain periodically for cracks or gaps in the sealant. Clear silicone caulk seals them up fine. I did add some extra caulk at one of the corners where it meets the floor because it is the low point in my shower and water accumulates there. I also clean the drain with Drano or equivalent as needed and pump vigorously with a plunger to move any hair through the pipes. So far, no leaks. The grout in my shower has held up fine with no repairs needed.
Old 12-21-2022, 08:11 AM   #11

I've had 2 leaks

I've successfully found two different leaks that exhibited the same signs as yours.
The 1st was the valve body for the shower. I had to remove the wall panel between the bedroom and the shower to replace the valve body. This was NOT an easy task and the panel wasn't reusable after the repair because the adhesive used to bond the panel to the framing is so strong that it splinters the wood on the panel as its is being removed. I special ordered the valve body from Moen and found some nice paneling at Home Depot. Pics attached...
2nd leak was the shark-bite type coupler on the ice-maker line. This portion of the line ran from the ice-maker filter adjacent to the water pump and filter area in the storage bay across the coach and forward of the fridge. This was a much quicker and less expensive repair than the 1st.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FB_IMG_1671631667271.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	383082   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1671631654450.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	383083  

Bardwizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 03:35 PM   #12

Thank you for the additional insight...especially Bardwizzle, that picture really helps to visualize what is behind the wall!
I think my initial caulk around the lower perimeter of the shower base and along the top edge of the "shelf" has fixed the actual leak issue. While showering the other day I noticed a slight amount of water on the outside of the rear D/S corner, most likely seeping thru the lower corner area identified in the pictures. I will be caulking the corner along with running a bead vertically along the wall/frame and glass/frame and hopefully that project will be completed.

Although I have a "possible" issue with moisture gathering in the drain pan underneath the washer, but am still diagnosing and watching so no Thread started yet!

Thanx again for all the helpful tips and advice.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	383116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	383117