Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2019, 09:31 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Backflow or flow restrictors, they still prevented my faucet from working for what I bought it for. Once removed the faucet worked. That tag was not supplied with the faucet I purchased. However my faucet was purchased 4 years ago and I am sure EPA has been all over those since then. Thankfully they are still removable.
Agreed, they are backflow AND flow restrictors!
https://2nailz.com/
2Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2019, 11:13 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, I don't know if a wash basin with hot water will work as well. I will sometimes depending on how thick the bugs are, soak and spray the front down 2 or 3 times with high pressure before even attempting to wash them off. The hot water soak really loosens them up, then if they are still heavy with the high pressure hot water blast, let them soak again. Your 19 faucet is ready to go, just need the $6.00 hose end connector and your ready to go. Give it a try, you will be amazed at the difference.
While on the road the hose box stays in the wet bay for a quick connection as soon as I plug in. Spray the front with hot water, go get a beer, then come back and see how loose the bugs are. Constant hot water really makes the difference. Nice that we have that as soon as we park.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:34 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
OK, I guess I’m going against the grain on this one as I have found the lower flow at the water bay hose to actually be an advantage. If I need pressure I carry a small power washer, but seldom ever use it. When I do, there is enough flow from the faucet for it. I use filtered water from the fresh water tank so I wouldn’t want to drain it too fast.

I will give a try using warm/hot water debugging technique and see if I still think the flow is enough.

Gary, a very simple “mod”, if you want to call it a mod is to use quick disconnect fittings on the coil hose/sprayer and with the Zero hose mentioned above attach it to the coil hose with the same disconnect fittings.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:16 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
I too have filled a bucket with warm to hot water for bug removal once I park and set up. Since most parks will not allow washing of the coach, I have just used a soft sponge, and spread the hot water once or twice, and the bugs come off fairly easy. Still going to try to remove the restrictors - there have been times I wanted to wash the rig with the aid of the electric pressure washer while traveling before I use the water-less cleaners like a Wash-Wax. It can turn into a few beers!
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:16 PM   #33

Spartan Chassis
Two things that help me with bugs are keeping a good coat of Rejex on the nose and sometimes I'll spray with 303 in the morning. Neither does much for preventing bugs but both seem to make getting them off easier.
Ford Ranger Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:55 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
One Newmar owner put this one in in place of OEM one. All metal.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001BNUO4W...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:46 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quite by accident, I discovered that the stuff that goes in a dishwasher final rinse [to remove hard water spots] works wonders in removing bug splatter, even if it is dried on hard. I was filling my pickup truck up with fuel and started washing the bug-laden windshield. It was hard scrubbing, and even then some residue remained. On an off chance, I squirted maybe a capful of this rinse stuff [from the dollar store] in the wash bucket water, swished the scrubber in it a few times, and then the residue almost came off without hardly any scrubbing. Don't knock it until you try it!
Greg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:08 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renipladlo View Post

I'm going to bookmark this one in case the plastic one fails!
https://2nailz.com/
2Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:35 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renipladlo View Post

The reviews on Amazon by those who bought it are not favorable. They say it arrives not put together, the screws & washers are poorly engineered, and it leaks!
The Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:30 PM   #38

I ran pex t'ed off the hot water line forward to the generator bay and installed a hose fitting. I attached a short coiled hose and nozzle that is always hooked up. The Aqua Hot, as you know heats hot water while the engine is running. Upon arrival, pop the generator tray, unstrap the nozzle and wash bugs to your hearts content.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower