Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2022, 08:27 PM   #1

Side and Back-up Cameras 2017 Anthem

I recently purchased this early 2017 model. On the Camera system I can have the back-up cameras (one point down and the other reaches out a bit, a switch determines which) that work but the left and right never have a display, You soft select either, you get a white blank screen. When you turn a corner, one half the 9 inch screen goes blank.

I can't locate any side cameras. Where should the cameras be located?
Anybody have similar problem. I'm guessing some electronics is behind the front TV.
Who makes the cameras, anything special?
MS60ocb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2022, 09:28 AM   #2

Side cameras should be in the side mirrors. I actually find them useless. So I never look at my monitor when using my blinkers.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 05:50 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS60ocb View Post
As Geezerviz pointed out, the side cameras are poorly thought-out. When in “turn signal mode” they share half the screen with the rear camera, and the half they *do* get for the side displays mostly coach, not mostly road which would be most useful. The other thing that’s sort of annoying is that you can’t select the right or left side and have the setting “stick”—-it’ll go back to the default rear display in a minute or so.

One of our cameras was dead when we bought the Anthem, and the dealership replaced it before we took delivery. They said the entire mirror (well, the little convex one) had to be replaced (and we had to wait for that part). I learned later that it is possible to simply replace the camera itself, and not the entire mirror/camera assembly. Don’t know if that’s true, but worth checking out.

In my last coach (a Monaco) I had to replace a camera and got great service and advice from RVcams.com in Baton Rouge. So they might be worth contacting…

It’s annoying not having them work at all, but even when they work they’re not that useful…

Edit: one other thing—I tilted my rear camera up a bit for a better view of the road behind, rather than mostly Jeep. In my case the factory had it pointed a bit too far down. Just maybe a quarter- to a half-inch of movement but it made a big difference.
bsaldeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 07:19 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I assumed the devices on the mirrors was part of the little red light side obstruction. Yes the camera would a little on the worthless side if you can't see the curb and the rear tires.
In about a month, I plan to pass through Baton Rouge, so I will checkout RVcams.com for help. Of the 2 rear view cameras, one has moisture in it so due replacement also
MS60ocb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 07:44 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Yes the camera would a little on the worthless side if you can't see the curb and the rear tires.
Yeah, you can see down the side of the coach ok, what you can’t see is cars in your blind spot. Unless the car is within 2-3 feet of the coach on the passenger side, you can’t see it.

And just to possibly save a trip—RVCams is in Baton Rouge but not sure if they have a shop. I’ve only dealt with them through their website.

Good luck with it!

Edit: the blind spot monitor sensors are about waist high along the sides of your coach—there are 3 per side in all.
bsaldeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 12:13 PM   #6

Quote:
I recently purchased this early 2017 model. On the Camera system I can have the back-up cameras (one point down and the other reaches out a bit, a switch determines which) that work but the left and right never have a display, You soft select either, you get a white blank screen. When you turn a corner, one half the 9 inch screen goes blank.

I can't locate any side cameras. Where should the cameras be located?
Anybody have similar problem. I'm guessing some electronics is behind the front TV.
Hello as others have said this system is basically useless except for the backup camera. It's never a good idea to take your eyes off the road and look down for any extended period of time, having side this you can always pop the stereo out if mechanically inclined and make sure they are hooked up in back of the stereo. Much easier to use ur mirrors.
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, camera