Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2020, 08:40 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Side sensor lights

Just picked up my '18 Anthem from NIRVC. BTW - first time there based on many positive comments on this forum and was very happy with the overall experience and willingness of the techs to spend time with me (and I ask a lot of questions!).

But as we were leaving both of the red lights on the dash and the orangish ones on the mirrors started blinking. Three quick blinks then a second or two pause then three blinks. On and on and on. Stopped for gas ($1.21 with my EFS card, thanks again to this forum) and the blinking started again, this happened all the way home, 7 hours driving.

Does anyone know what this means? There are no other warning symbols and no warning messages.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2020, 01:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysfb View Post
Just picked up my '18 Anthem from NIRVC. BTW - first time there based on many positive comments on this forum and was very happy with the overall experience and willingness of the techs to spend time with me (and I ask a lot of questions!).

But as we were leaving both of the red lights on the dash and the orangish ones on the mirrors started blinking. Three quick blinks then a second or two pause then three blinks. On and on and on. Stopped for gas ($1.21 with my EFS card, thanks again to this forum) and the blinking started again, this happened all the way home, 7 hours driving.

Does anyone know what this means? There are no other warning symbols and no warning messages.
Sounds like moisture in the pickups. Did you have the recall done?
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 01:58 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

I have no idea what is causing this, but on my initial drive home from the dealership (also NIRVC) I had strange electrical gremlins pop up. A cycle of the 12V system and flipping all the breakers made it go away. If you haven't cycled the power, you may want to give that a shot.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:19 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
What Rollin said. It’s common and I’m not sure there is actually a recall but it happens so often everyone knows about it. If it bothers you, you can pull the fuse that is in the compartment below the driver, it’s a 5 amp fuse and is marked. They are really pretty useless so I would pull the fuse and add it to your next time list.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:20 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks, I did have the recall done in January, they resealed one area that they deemed to have lost some of the seal. And we did go through a lot of rain on the 19th on the way to NIRVC. Not sure if I want to mess with the seals to check just yet though.

After starting and restarting the engine I did reset the 12 volt. No joy. But didn't flip all the breakers, I'll try that.

Looks like a call to CS might be in order tomorrow.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
Old 04-29-2020, 02:22 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
What Rollin said. It’s common and I’m not sure there is actually a recall but it happens so often everyone knows about it. If it bothers you, you can pull the fuse that is in the compartment below the driver, it’s a 5 amp fuse and is marked. They are really pretty useless so I would pull the fuse and add it to your next time list.
Not a bad idea! I was concerned that it might be some sort of warning, but regarding what, I have no clue.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
Old 04-29-2020, 02:49 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
The flashing is just showing failure of side radar
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 03:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks, I did have the recall done in January, they resealed one area that they deemed to have lost some of the seal. And we did go through a lot of rain on the 19th on the way to NIRVC. Not sure if I want to mess with the seals to check just yet though.

After starting and restarting the engine I did reset the 12 volt. No joy. But didn't flip all the breakers, I'll try that.

Looks like a call to CS might be in order tomorrow.
I did the real shortly after buying the coach due to the same issue. On my way to the mothership, the week that we met it started up again. They replaced the entire rear harness and sealed everything back up. It'll act up again, of that I am sure . Next guys problem
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:33 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Now up to reason #168 not to drive in rain.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 05:45 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Chucks way beyond counting on fingers.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:08 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Agree with Gary that the warning sensors are pretty much useless anyway, I've already seen what's coming 2 seconds before they flash on. So pulling the fuse is the most sane way of dealing with the problem.

Thanks again for all your replies!
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)

Tags
light, lights