Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2022, 08:20 AM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariol View Post
So the sleep number bed, the side seam appears to have failed. We called sleep number because we knew it had a 15 year warranty. Well the sleep number said that Jaco is the original owner and the warranty is non transferable.. So do we call Jaco, is Joyce Skinner the goddess there?
See... This would upset me. Although technically, Jayco is the original owner, they are obviously buying it for the end customer. Having to get Jayco involved is simply ridiculous. If you did not, I would have spoken to a supervisor. Hopefully, they would have been more realistic. I love my sleep number beds (have several in the S&B), but I am really disappointed to hear this....

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2022, 09:59 AM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
See... This would upset me. Although technically, Jayco is the original owner, they are obviously buying it for the end customer. Having to get Jayco involved is simply ridiculous. If you did not, I would have spoken to a supervisor. Hopefully, they would have been more realistic. I love my sleep number beds (have several in the S&B), but I am really disappointed to hear this....
I have been a Sleep number customer with 6 different units since 2000 4 in MH's, 2 in S&B. Something has changed at Sleep Number from my customer service experience just last week. No longer are the CS reps respectful in trying to help, it took 4 hour each, two tries trying to reach Sleep Number. Are that many beds failing? When I did finally get through, the reps are snippy that you would even call with a failed product. Not one but both reps. The warranty proration seems to be gone, if my 7 year old items including one air chamber was "normal wear" whats left to warrant?

If my 25 year warranty bed is only lasting 7 years, I have purchased my last Sleep Number branded bed. I use to pay the higher price because of the warranty and service, but that is no longer there. JME.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 10:06 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariol View Post
After spending time on the phone "4 hour wait time" they were not [emoji709] n the least helpful. While I was on the phone I remembered I had a serta perfect sleeper in my storage.. was less frustration and I'm pretty sure any bad memory's the memory foam had have since passed. Took 3 of us to stuff it through the door. The sleep number fit perfectly in our Flagstaff city trash can.
I purchased one of those online ordered, shrunk down in a box mattresses for my motorhome. Brand name is Purple. Really like it. Wish I hadn’t gotten a regular innerspring for the house just months before. It’s good but I like the Purple better.
neoflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 10:36 AM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Sleep number bed

My bed developed a leak in Capitol Reefs NP. Took it outside and sprayed it down with a soapy solution to find the leak. After drying we sealed the hole with automotive adhesive, let it dry in the sun and now all is good a year later.
Repairing it seems easier than fighting those people on the phone.

Good Luck
2009 Monaco Camelot 42'
425 ISL Cummings
F150 Towd
kovalsmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 10:41 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have been a Sleep number customer with 6 different units since 2000 4 in MH's, 2 in S&B. Something has changed at Sleep Number from my customer service experience just last week. No longer are the CS reps respectful in trying to help, it took 4 hour each, two tries trying to reach Sleep Number. Are that many beds failing? When I did finally get through, the reps are snippy that you would even call with a failed product. Not one but both reps. The warranty proration seems to be gone, if my 7 year old items including one air chamber was "normal wear" whats left to warrant?

If my 25 year warranty bed is only lasting 7 years, I have purchased my last Sleep Number branded bed. I use to pay the higher price because of the warranty and service, but that is no longer there. JME.
Chuck,
What you are describing is why my philosophy is to fight for more than they or perhaps even you believe you deserve.
My 18 anthem popped a mattress they sent me a set. Installed the one and gave the extra one to the new owners. When I developed what I developed an issue with my 21, they sent a set. I know have 2 extra. Two, because what I thought was an issue with one mattress turned out to be a slight deflation due to altitude change.

I don't mind paying more for quality. By the same token, I won't accept poor treatment after the sale. If needed I get right in their face and kick it up until I get what I paid for.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 11:03 AM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Bruce, with Karen's situation, the last thing I have time for it to argue with Sleep Number...I did that about a month ago with the foam side rails. That took 2 supervisors just to get reduced rate....Really? Not going through it again this time. I will be one of those that walk with my wallet. This bed that is already falling apart will be replaced, but it will not be another SL. If others are getting the same treatment or thinking about a SL maybe these posts will help.
Old 01-31-2022, 12:22 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Bruce, with Karen's situation, the last thing I have time for it to argue with Sleep Number...I did that about a month ago with the foam side rails. That took 2 supervisors just to get reduced rate....Really? Not going through it again this time. I will be one of those that walk with my wallet. This bed that is already falling apart will be replaced, but it will not be another SL. If others are getting the same treatment or thinking about a SL maybe these posts will help.
Oh, I get that. I just like to argue.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 01:16 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Oh, I get that. I just like to argue.
No argument at all, the problem lies with SN. Currently right now I don't have time to play their games. . 212.31 to replace a leaking chamber on a bed with a 25 year warranty. Apparently they only come in a set with both sides. Not what I paid top of the line for.
Old 01-31-2022, 04:30 PM   #51

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to PatMann
Sleep Number Bed

Finally, a resolution for my leaking mattress. For those now and in the future, hopefully this will keep you from going down the rabbit hole as I had to do.

I did talk with Brandon at Entegra last week. He went out of his way to dig into the SN mattresses installed in the 14 Anthems. He provided a part number that was only partially helpful to SN customer service.

The initial problem I ran into was the SN measurements were larger than what is in my Anthem because they were not looking at chambers installed in RVs. I have two air chambers measuring 32x76 each. According to SN, they are "California King dual 360 R5, Model is Radius".

I am the second owner, but did not find a need to include that in my conversation (I wasn't asked so I didn't offer). I provided the date of delivery to the original owner, and the 25 year warranty was calculated in the cost for replacement. They do not send just one chamber so I'll have an extra when the other side fails.

Another company does carry the correct size, and if anyone would rather avoid SN, I found this through Amazon: REM Air System Store. They carry compatible replacement parts for Sleep Number beds.

Everyone I spoke with at SN was pleasant although it took numerous calls to finally find what I needed. It was worth the wait to save a few dollars for two mattresses vs. the cost of one through REM.
PatMann is offline   Reply With Quote