Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2022, 11:53 AM   #1

Sleep number bed

So the sleep number bed, the side seam appears to have failed. We called sleep number because we knew it had a 15 year warranty. Well the sleep number said that Jaco is the original owner and the warranty is non transferable.. So do we call Jaco, is Joyce Skinner the goddess there?
Mariol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2022, 12:41 PM   #2

Yes, call Entegra Customer Service. Unless something has changed, their direct number is 800-945-4787. If that doesn't work, call the general number which is 800-283-8267.

Joyce Skinner is Director of Customer Service, but any of her staff members should be able to help you.
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45B
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 01:45 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I didn't have much luck with Sleep Number on the bed in my S& B that just turned 7 years old. It was the upper end bed with a 25 year warranty. The side foam on one side broke down, the air chamber on the other side is leaking and the foam pillow topper has deteriorated. I just ordered new components, none of which are covered by warranty. Their low quality topper I will replace with a memory foam instead of their foam rubber. I hope Entegra is better than Sleep Number directly.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 01:48 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
If your mattress is full of air and you drive from low altitude to high altitude, you must reduce the pressure prior to making the climb. Otherwise, you will pop the air chamber due to change of air pressure, like a balloon that is overinflated. This is a common cause of failure in RV's and is not a warranty item. Not saying that is necessarily what happened in this instance, but it is common occurrence if the air not released before driving to higher altitudes.

I have had inflatable mattress beds in RV's for 18 years and only had to replace the bladder once.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 02:19 PM   #5

Mariol, I used: https://airbedrepair.com/

Our asleep number needed parts, then decided we needed it all. Nice quality, good price compared to SN.
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 02:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
If your mattress is full of air and you drive from low altitude to high altitude, you must reduce the pressure prior to making the climb. Otherwise, you will pop the air chamber due to change of air pressure, like a balloon that is overinflated. This is a common cause of failure in RV's and is not a warranty item. Not saying that is necessarily what happened in this instance, but it is common occurrence if the air not released before driving to higher altitudes.

I have had inflatable mattress beds in RV's for 18 years and only had to replace the bladder once.
Now that is interesting and makes total sense. I know vacuum sealed IGU's (double pane glass) used a breather valve on units being transported across the rockies.

I had one fail on me on one of my oft trips out west. It turned out it was a bad seam, but perhaps letting some air out would have prevented that.

To the OP. I called Sleep number direct and got it replaced under warranty. They just needed my vin for identification
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 06:00 PM   #7

Never ever had a problem with Sleep Number covering their warranty both in our S&B (when we had one) and our coaches.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 07:25 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
Never ever had a problem with Sleep Number covering their warranty both in our S&B (when we had one) and our coaches.
Sure wish I had been more successful. My previous Sleep Number I had no problem, but this time they told me they were normal wear items.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:13 PM   #9

After spending time on the phone "4 hour wait time" they were not n the least helpful. While I was on the phone I remembered I had a serta perfect sleeper in my storage.. was less frustration and I'm pretty sure any bad memory's the memory foam had have since passed. Took 3 of us to stuff it through the door. The sleep number fit perfectly in our Flagstaff city trash can.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:44 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Was that Sleep Number or Entegra that could not help? My experience with Sleep Number last week was the same. I don't know if they have changed hands or what, but it is not the service I had with my previous Sleep Number. Thank you for letting me know it was not just me, but something at the company has changed. Even the reps at CS were not helpful, very snippy with their answers and that was 2 different reps.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:28 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
My experience was that there is a way to transfer the warranty from Jayco to you. I don't remember how it was done, but Entegra customer service was involved. Now our bed is warranted to us.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:02 AM   #12

When Sleep number replaced my mattress, they sent both sides. I think it's super comfortable
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:06 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to PatMann
Sleep Number Bed

I am the second owner a '14 Anthem so not looking for warranty replacement; however, Sleep Number has not been successful in finding a replacement for one side of my split-king. I did learn too late that change in altitude could create a failure so that may have happened to me. I would prefer replacing vs. finding and repairing leaks, but SN has me searching for identifying tags on the mattress cover (which I have not found) in order to buy the correct size. My approximate measurements are less than what is shown for the twin-long which was suggested by SN. Has anyone replaced one of the air chambers, and what size did you order?
PatMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:25 AM   #14

I didn't bother Entegra after I realized I had a good bed in storage. Was less frustration and now I have another thing in storage out