Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2021, 03:45 PM   #1

Slick!

I am not one to be a pitch man for many things but for those of you with older coaches that don’t have all the controls for everything at your fingertips on a touchpad, this thermostat is awesome! It has always been an annoyance to have to go to the mid-bath to adjust the thermostat in our 2012 Aspire. The Dometic t-stat was mounted high up in that panel and did not have good contrast on the display which was especially annoying trying to see what zone you were adjusting. I purchased this new Micro-Air thermostat and installed it in less than 30 minutes from opening the box to fully up and running which included setting both of our iPhones with the bluetooth/wifi enabled app. To whomever developed this little critter I give you a solid two thumbs up!

https://www.microair.net/products/ea...-rv-thermostat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CF1A58DC-CDBC-4B63-818D-D98865210A92.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	337602   Click image for larger version

Name:	A0ADBC1B-0B20-4BAD-8203-E67FD34B3EF0.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	337603  

Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2021, 03:55 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Thank you for posting this. I may put one in my trailer, but I was sure looking for one of these for the Monaco I had before. If you look at the page you linked to, scroll down to where it says Dometic CCC and look at that thermostat. It was UNREADABLE 99% of the time. Real pain in the rear.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:56 PM   #3

I think Voltdoc should be getting credit for working with them to create the EC version for us.
Can’t wait to order mine next week.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:36 PM   #4

The install and config of the thermostat was a total no-brainer. I unplugged the Dometic thermostat and plugged in the Micro-Air and it already understood the config I had…..nothing req’d to get me to 100% of what I had with the old thermostat. The rest of the time was spent using the iphone to set up Bluetooth and WIFI features on the smartphone. There are apps for both iphone and Android phones. I can manage AC and Heat from my iPhone either from the comfort of the couch or from some remote location assuming you have wifi connectivity at the coach already. There are also warning features that send alerts should your temps go high or low of whatever threshold you choose. I am a solid “happy camper” with this widget!
Old 07-28-2021, 05:38 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
OK, the warnings/alerts just did it for me. I'm ordering one now. That is really important if you have pets in the trailer while you are away.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:40 PM   #6

One additional comment…this thermostat is not inexpensive but what is with these RVs? There is a $15 savings if you go over to RVGeeks website and retrieve their coupon and buy directly from Micro-Air. Another plus, Micro-Air does not apply sales tax to your purchase and they ship very fast. 👍👍
Old 07-28-2021, 05:42 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Thanks but I already ordered it. I wasn't kidding!
Old 07-28-2021, 05:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
OK, the warnings/alerts just did it for me. I'm ordering one now. That is really important if you have pets in the trailer while you are away.
I do!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0537A5F9-8536-4103-A77F-84D54F42F9A7.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	337606  
Old 07-29-2021, 08:32 AM   #9

I agree with all of the above. The one feature that I would really like to see added is where you can set all of the AC's at the same time. My suggestion to them was on the phone app as you toggle through the different zones the last one to be "ALL" before it starts back at one. I would love to be able from 1 screen set all the AC's at the same time. I have requested this option and keep hoping every time I see an update.

Customer service is also great. You can send them an email and will get a response the next day.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
I agree with all of the above. The one feature that I would really like to see added is where you can set all of the AC's at the same time. My suggestion to them was on the phone app as you toggle through the different zones the last one to be "ALL" before it starts back at one. I would love to be able from 1 screen set all the AC's at the same time. I have requested this option and keep hoping every time I see an update.

Customer service is also great. You can send them an email and will get a response the next day.
I agree with the “ALL” idea although I would not want to do that on initial startup of the coach. I purposely delay turning each roof unit on with about a 15 second interval to avoid all three compressors potentially starting at the same time. Any other time that would appear to be a great feature.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:53 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Very Nice...thanks Motorhead-54.
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:02 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead-54 View Post
I agree with the “ALL” idea although I would not want to do that on initial startup of the coach. I purposely delay turning each roof unit on with about a 15 second interval to avoid all three compressors potentially starting at the same time. Any other time that would appear to be a great feature.
You certainly would not want all the compressors starting at he same time. However a built in delay would be normal I would think.
Thanks for the write up.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmcdog View Post
You certainly would not want all the compressors starting at he same time. However a built in delay would be normal I would think.
Thanks for the write up.
The Dometic Penguin II units have a delay in compressor startup that is about two minutes in duration but that delay occurs within the AC unit internal board on the roof as I understand it. It is not controlled by the thermostat. The delay is reported back to the thermostat which you see as the hour glass on the display but it is not the t-stat that invokes that delay. With the old Dometic t-stat you naturally have some delay between each unit being started with the button pushing that has to happen to move from one AC to the next. I personally was adding another 15 seconds between startup of each AC. With the "ALL" idea suggested above, I don't know how you would stagger the start. All three AC units would get the start command and then when each of the three units hits that internal timer they would all start their compressors at essentially the same time...I think. It seems to me that some sort of logic would have to exist in the thermostat that says if a guy wants something to occur to all three units at one time there has to be a "one banana, two banana" logic in the code between executing that command to each of the three units. If that were the case, I'd think every state you changed with the "ALL" would carry that same delay....temp change, fan change, etc. Not sure whether that is all "goodness" or not. Something to consider though. That delay between executing commands to each of the units might even be a positive event as a guy could likely hear/follow as they occur. Interesting idea.
Old 07-30-2021, 05:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead-54 View Post
With the old Dometic t-stat you naturally have some delay between each unit being started with the button pushing that has to happen to move from one AC to the next. I personally was adding another 15 seconds between startup of each AC. With the "ALL" idea suggested above, I don't know how you would stagger the start. All three AC units would get the start command and then when each of the three units hits that internal timer they would all start their compressors at essentially the same time...I think. It seems to me that some sort of logic would have to exist in the thermostat that says if a guy wants something to occur to all three units at one time there has to be a "one banana, two banana" logic in the code between executing that command to each of the three units. If that were the case, I'd think every state you changed with the "ALL" would carry that same delay....temp change, fan change, etc. Not sure whether that is all "goodness" or not. Something to consider though. That delay between executing commands to each of the units might even be a positive event as a guy could likely hear/follow as they occur. Interesting idea.
When using my old thermostat by the time I went thru the screens to set the next unit some time had transpired. The units all ways started staggered since it took time for me to set the next unit. I believe it would be a good idea as to delay every event except for shutting the unit off, between units since a lot of them could cause compressors kicking in at the same. time.

After I had written the above I remembered that my old thermostat had a cool-off-heat switch on the bottom. When I would get ready to leave and unplug the coach I would go and just turn the switch to off. After Starting the generator or at next camp ground I would just go and turn switch back to Cool. I do not remember any time when I did the switch to Cool where all of the units would start up at the same time. From memory they would start staggered. So the old thermostat might have had a delay built into it where it sent the commands to the units at different times.