Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2021, 03:56 PM   #1

Slide adjustment? Doors not clearing the superslide

Hi folks
Has anyone had an issue with cargo doors not clearing the slides? My drivers side superslide barely allows clearance for the fore and aft doors, but not the middle. The doors are aligned correctly using the paint scheme as a reference. I called Entegra who stated the slide height is adjustable. Anyone been through this? Is it DIY possible?
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2021, 09:05 PM   #2

I have had this problem with my first cargo door on passenger side rubbing the slide out when fully extended. In fact I have read other on this forum having a similar issue. With guidance from Entegra CS, I was able to adjust the slide up enough for door to clear. CS sent me an email showing how to do it, however I can’t seem to locate the email from a year ago. You will need two jacks to take the load off the slide, it was not overly complicated. Give them a call to get guidance.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonwd View Post
I have had this problem with my first cargo door on passenger side rubbing the slide out when fully extended. In fact I have read other on this forum having a similar issue. With guidance from Entegra CS, I was able to adjust the slide up enough for door to clear. CS sent me an email showing how to do it, however I can’t seem to locate the email from a year ago. You will need two jacks to take the load off the slide, it was not overly complicated. Give them a call to get guidance.
Thanks
Old 01-19-2021, 11:25 AM   #4

Being low in the middle seems strange, not sure there'd be an adjustment for that?

My front door scrapes sometimes, but it is absolutely a jacking issue. Unlevel site, jacks twist coach just enough....
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:50 PM   #5

Bruce, it could be a diy, but since it’s new I’d let them fix it. I don’t understand why they can’t get the clearance correct. My 2017 would drag the top of aft door and barely clear the others. This 2020 has at least an inch of clearance between super slide and top of doors.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Bruce, it could be a diy, but since it’s new I’d let them fix it. I don’t understand why they can’t get the clearance correct. My 2017 would drag the top of aft door and barely clear the others. This 2020 has at least an inch of clearance between super slide and top of doors.
I have 1" on the passenger side, and 1/2" fore and aft doors drivers side, but the middle door hits. I expect it will go to a dealer or perhaps even the mothership just prior to homecoming, assuming it's still on. We're on an extended tour of the south, 2 more months and I really don't want to displace 4 dogs and ourselves to run to NIRVC. But that may be what happens when we are in Texas
Old 01-19-2021, 02:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I have 1" on the passenger side, and 1/2" fore and aft doors drivers side, but the middle door hits. I expect it will go to a dealer or perhaps even the mothership just prior to homecoming, assuming it's still on. We're on an extended tour of the south, 2 more months and I really don't want to displace 4 dogs and ourselves to run to NIRVC. But that may be what happens when we are in Texas
If it’s only one door There should be spacers at the hinge points on that door. You can remove a spacer, at the bottom, without changing the alignment of the paint. Bottom of the door will be tilted in more, but it will drop the end of the door when open.
Old 01-19-2021, 02:30 PM   #8

Quote:
If it’s only one door There should be spacers at the hinge points on that door. You can remove a spacer, at the bottom, without changing the alignment of the paint. Bottom of the door will be tilted in more, but it will drop the end of the door when open.
Thanks, that may be a good interim option. I'll have a look.

I do have an email chain going with Entegra. Hopefully they will shed some light on possible fixes. Apparently the slide can be adjusted. Along with the door hitting, the slide is not fully seated against my inside wall. That leads me to believe it's out of alignment
Old 01-21-2021, 11:25 AM   #9

Update

After speaking with Entegra I decided to adjust the slide stops (outward). It's not terribly difficult to do. If anyone wants I can upload some pictures but it's pretty straight forward. You have to adjust the jam nuts on the backside of the threaded rod (superslide). I moved them maybe 5/16" outward. Now the slide seats a little better on the inside and the door now clears I may move them out more as there is still 3/8" room inside, but for now the door opens which was my main concern.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:40 PM   #10

Bruce,

If you could upload some pictures it would be appreciated, I would be less apt to do something wrong and have to pick up the slide off the ground if I ever have to try and adjust them! Visual aids always work better for me.
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrugarber View Post
Bruce,

If you could upload some pictures it would be appreciated, I would be less apt to do something wrong and have to pick up the slide off the ground if I ever have to try and adjust them! Visual aids always work better for me.
Sure. Give me a little bit
Old 01-21-2021, 03:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrugarber View Post
Bruce,

The first picture shows the stop nuts on the outer rod. They stop the slide from retracting to far or not far enough as you will. That rod extends inward and terminates to the mid coach area when the slide is retracted fully. There are two more stop or jam nuts on the inside end of the threaded rod. They stop the slide from extending to far or not enough. They are reachable once you close the slide completely. I moved my cargo tray out of the way and crawled in the basement to access them. You just need to loosen the inboard most nut. Both nuts are NYLOCK with what seems to be some lock tight on them. Both were difficult but not impossible to move.

I took pictures of the inner bolts which are located above a small aluminum panel in front of the inverter. I did not need to remove the panel to get a 19mm wrench on them. I simply moved them towards the center allowing the slide to extend a little further. It opens maybe 1/4-5/16" further which is enough to seat the slide better. I could actually see the slide tilt slightly upward as it seated better. Now the door has clearance.

The front adjustments did not need to be adjusted. They would require removing the panels in the last picture in order tp access them. It looks like a real PIA to get to them, especially on the passenger side behind the freezer.

Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4319.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	315344   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4320.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	315345  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4321.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	315346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4324.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	315347  

Old 01-21-2021, 03:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
The first picture shows the stop nuts on the outer rod. They stop the slide from retracting to far or not far enough as you will. That rod extends inward and terminates to the mid coach area when the slide is retracted fully. There are two more stop or jam nuts on the inside end of the threaded rod. They stop the slide from extending to far or not enough. They are reachable once you close the slide completely. I moved my cargo tray out of the way and crawled in the basement to access them. You just need to loosen the inboard most nut. Both nuts are NYLOCK with what seems to be some lock tight on them. Both were difficult but not impossible to move.

I took pictures of the inner bolts which are located above a small aluminum panel in front of the inverter. I did not need to remove the panel to get a 19mm wrench on them. I simply moved them towards the center allowing the slide to extend a little further. It opens maybe 1/4-5/16" further which is enough to seat the slide better. I could actually see the slide tilt slightly upward as it seated better. Now the door has clearance.

The front adjustments did not need to be adjusted. They would require removing the panels in the last picture in order tp access them. It looks like a real PIA to get to them, especially on the passenger side behind the freezer.

Hope this helps
Bruce, you can do all that adjustment from the outside from the nuts shown in your first picture. Where the two nuts are on each side of the bracket run them out to where the slide comes out to where you want it. Then adjust the two nuts that are together out the same amount so slide closes in same place.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Bruce, you can do all that adjustment from the outside from the nuts shown in your first picture. Where the two nuts are on each side of the bracket run them out to where the slide comes out to where you want it. Then adjust the two nuts that are together out the same amount so slide closes in same place.

But I like to do things the hard way!

Now why didn't Entegra tell me that?

Tags
door, doors, slide