Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2016, 06:48 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Been there done that trying to wire LED lights to the slide. I was able to reach up inside with the coach jacked up from the back side of the tires. But it wasn't easy!
I got to the vanity slide mechanism.

Used the Equalizer to jack up the back and the right side of the coach and was able to squeeze my small head into the wheel well . Removed the protective cover with 4 x 3/8 bolts. It was sealed and foamed well. The bolts were not all that loose - just a little. Loctite and tightened them and re-sealed. I will sleep better tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vanityslide.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	128788  
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2016, 06:51 AM   #44

While inspecting the slide motors, I found this in the battery compartment area on the DS living room slide. Rubber gasket that is partially torn. The "plate" attached to the wall is also rubber. Looks like it may be turning but has to be causing problems? Think I should just cut it out?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	slide gasket.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	129022  
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:22 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
While inspecting the slide motors, I found this in the battery compartment area on the DS living room slide. Rubber gasket that is partially torn. The "plate" attached to the wall is also rubber. Looks like it may be turning but has to be causing problems? Think I should just cut it out?
Corey,

I don't think you have anything to worry about. That gasket/grommet serves to seal the shaft opening in the battery compartment from the compartment behind it. I would probably cut it out just to keep it from shredding or getting tangled. It serves no structual purpose

Here is what mine looks like, I may remove it but it looks pretty harmless:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	grommet.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	129027  
Old 06-03-2016, 07:27 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
Corey,

I don't think you have anything to worry about. That gasket/grommet serves to seal the shaft opening in the battery compartment from the compartment behind it. I would probably cut it out just to keep it from shredding or getting tangled. It serves no structual purpose

Here is what mine looks like, I may remove it but it looks pretty harmless:
Thanks Bob. Mine is more mangled on the back side and I will remove it. Great heads up post on the slide and bolts,,,you have both Entegra and Newmar boards buzzing with loose bolts!
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:33 PM   #47

Quote:
This can't be good

Front passenger slide would not retract properly. The rear section would retract, but not the front section. Was able to close it easily by pushing against the front section during retraction. Once home I removed the sheet metal panel in the front compartment that covers the mechanism - I wish the shear pin had done its job. How do I remove the spindle with the cog to replace it? It liiks like the spindle support tabs are welded in.
I may be heading for a similar problem. My front passenger slide, when extending, acts like it's in a bind (doesn't move or barely moves) then after I just leave the button down it will release with a Real Loud Bam! I think it does the same thing while retracting.

I'm not mechanical, I know it's not good, and I don't go to Middlebury until November. So, I hope I don't have to bring it home with an extended slide.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:37 PM   #48

[QUOTE=hawgguy;3069585]This can't be good

What/where do I remove to get this same view of my slide?
Thanks
Old 07-12-2016, 08:05 PM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Whizzer60

Is one end of the slide behind the other end when extending.

If so you may have a cog shaft broke. Or a possible broken pin.

The attached picture shows the slide motor and the drive shafts, one going to the front and one to the rear. Check the pins here to see if missing or broken.

If all ok here remove the sheet metal covers under them cog shaft and check the pins and the cog shaft.

The motor is on the roof of the first door behind the entry door.

RichardClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1468375400.602695.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	132871
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:43 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I got to the vanity slide mechanism.

Used the Equalizer to jack up the back and the right side of the coach and was able to squeeze my small head into the wheel well . Removed the protective cover with 4 x 3/8 bolts. It was sealed and foamed well. The bolts were not all that loose - just a little. Loctite and tightened them and re-sealed. I will sleep better tonight.
If you need to do any significant work on your vanity motor or the slide drives, you might consider removing the fiberglass wheel well covers. They are held on with only five sheet metal screws (shown in the photo circled in white). Be sure to note the number of spacers used to shim the panel flush with the adjacent doors. Apparently Entegra stocks only one length of screw so mine had several nuts on the head end to adjust for length. You'll also need to unplug the clearance light and docking light harnesses.

All the extra clearance makes resealing the motor compartment a lot easier.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SideFaringMounts.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	132874  
Old 07-13-2016, 07:26 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzer60 View Post
What/where do I remove to get this same view of my slide?
Thanks
Like Richard said; there is a sheet metal cover on the roof of the first passenger-side compartment held on by 3/8 screws.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:27 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzer60 View Post
So, I hope I don't have to bring it home with an extended slide.
Worst case scenario - the slide pushes in fairly easily.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:08 AM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
Could the loud popping when extending the slide be coming from the rubber seal being stuck to the slide? Here in the heat of Texas my sills stick some. I use a cotton rag and spread a little baby powder on the seals and that seems to stop them from sticking. Look on the in side lip of your slides for black marks which would be evidence of them sticking.

Just a thought.
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:01 PM   #54

Add me to the list.

Definitely not an isolated case. One of the first things I noticed when we took delivery of the coach in March was the weld burn spots on the carpeted floor of the compartment. The slide wasn't going in equally and I asked for that to be repaired. Salesman told me," they had to remove the whole slide, but got it fixed". It was better, but still not satisfactory. The slide was then off on the other end. So much for "Fixing it right the first time". Knowing the unit had factory warranty left, and that I should be able to take it there for any warranty items. We just took delivery of the unit and brought it home.
Have had conversations with the folks in the service dept at Entegra. Warranty ran out in July, but have all documented and received email to call them tomorrow to schedule repairs at NIRVC in Atlanta. Will have to leave it there for 4-6 weeks!
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:57 PM   #55

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
Definitely not an isolated case. One of the first things I noticed when we took delivery of the coach in March was the weld burn spots on the carpeted floor of the compartment. The slide wasn't going in equally and I asked for that to be repaired. Salesman told me," they had to remove the whole slide, but got it fixed". It was better, but still not satisfactory. The slide was then off on the other end. So much for "Fixing it right the first time". Knowing the unit had factory warranty left, and that I should be able to take it there for any warranty items. We just took delivery of the unit and brought it home.

Have had conversations with the folks in the service dept at Entegra. Warranty ran out in July, but have all documented and received email to call them tomorrow to schedule repairs at NIRVC in Atlanta. Will have to leave it there for 4-6 weeks!

Whom did you take delivery from if I may ask?
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:45 PM   #56

National RV Owners Club
A second option.

I would sagest that if you are having trouble with your slid and can't fine a R.V. repair shop close by check out a Camper trailer repair Shop.
If any one knows anything about slides it would be them.
Been there done that.
Just a thought
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out