Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2017, 05:04 PM   #29

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
Would be nice if there were. Would make deploying and retracting the slides a one-touch affair and almost idiot proof.
I agree.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #30

I remember pj saying in his orientation at my pdi that all Entegras from 2017 on had a new system that wouldn’t allow slides to be pushed out to long from the button..
He also said that the slides will come in with the motor running but not
Go out with the motor running..
My 14 anthem does just as he said... just my experience..
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:13 PM   #31

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
I remember pj saying in his orientation at my pdi that all Entegras from 2017 on had a new system that wouldn’t allow slides to be pushed out to long from the button..
He also said that the slides will come in with the motor running but not
Go out with the motor running..
My 14 anthem does just as he said... just my experience..
From my observations as long as I press the extend/retract buttons (on my 17) my slides keep moving outward/inward. I’ve always been careful to realease the button as soon as the slide reaches its position. I’m reluctant to keep pushing to see if PJ is right.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:19 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
From my observations as long as I press the extend/retract buttons (on my 17) my slides keep moving outward/inward. I’ve always been careful to realease the button as soon as the slide reaches its position. I’m reluctant to keep pushing to see if PJ is right.

I don’t blame you... it’s just this issue was part of his course and he made a joke about it ... probably why I remember his comment..
A call to Entegra would be the best source of knowledge..
Happy camping...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:21 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
Would be nice if there were. Would make deploying and retracting the slides a one-touch affair and almost idiot proof.
The old Travel Supreme had that system. The drawback was how they mounted the switches...you could easily hit them reaching in the cabinet(s) for something. It was easily fixed by making plastic box covers for the switches. It was a great system, one touch and forget it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Bob - Welcome ! . We also had a 2013 WBG Journey before our current 2015 Cornerstone which we love.

Have to admit, because the order in which jacks & slides deploy & retract on Entegra (ride height & slide out - THEN jacks down) is opposite of our Journey (jacks were first, then slides out)... the Quick Set Up & Departure card that Chuck (brobox) mentioned is an important check list until you get used to the Entegra sequence.

Your 2008 Journey may have had better slide motors than the small electric ones on our 2013 which had their share of "issues or stuck slides not fully retracting." . Rest assured...Entegra slides have big motors and a lot fewer slide issues.

Great group to help you as you begin your new ride here on the Entegra forum. Enjoy your Entegra

Safe Travels to All
BeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:08 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Just me, but I will not operate the slides with the engine running. I want to hear if there are any slide motor problems, gears clattering, binding of the slide, etc. and I want to hear the immediate stop of the slide. I cannot do that with the engine running. I don't even know if my slides will work with the engine running, never checked and probably won't. More damage is done to slides running them in or out to far than anything. Why chance it with the engine running? Could be the cause of the OP slide motor problems?
Maybe its just me too but even with the engine running and generator running I can hear the slide motors just fine, course it could be cuz I'm in a Cornerstone
The Taj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:49 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Taj View Post
Maybe its just me too but even with the engine running and generator running I can hear the slide motors just fine, course it could be cuz I'm in a Cornerstone
When you own the Taj Mahal everything is better.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Bob welcome to the forum. You will receive a 5 x 8 card for the correct parking and departing including the slides. It's not that hard. Slide are deployed before the jacks are deployed. The slides are to be at ride height from air pressure before actuating. Same thing when departing, air up first, raise jacks, continue to air up then retract slide.

One post made mention that his dealer said to run the engine, in my opinion, big mistake. I cannot hear if the slide is operating properly with the engine running. Once it is aired up, no reason to run the engine. We plug in before operating the slides using the parks power, same when leaving. Last thing I do is unplug then do my walk around. No chance of leaving with shore power or hoses still connected. JMO.

I agree! We turn off the a/c and the diesels so I can hear the slide moving. I listen for potential problems before they get worse and I don't want to hold that button too long.

I've had my coach now for 2.5 years without any slide issues at all and I want to keep it that way.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
I agree. No radio playing, no engine or generator running when deploying slides. The potential for something getting jammed and not hearing it in time is just too great. If the slides need the engine running to deploy the slides it is time for new batteries.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:31 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Just jinxed myself

The Taj is at NIRVC Atlanta for some maintenance items while we spend holidays in Mt Pleasant SC

Got a call asking if I was having trouble with bedroom slide not retracting.

I hadn’t but apparently they got it out and it wouldn’t close. Guess I’ve just joined the slide failure club. Sheesh
The Taj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Taj View Post
Just jinxed myself

The Taj is at NIRVC Atlanta for some maintenance items while we spend holidays in Mt Pleasant SC

Got a call asking if I was having trouble with bedroom slide not retracting.

I hadn’t but apparently they got it out and it wouldn’t close. Guess I’ve just joined the slide failure club. Sheesh
See post #35. I won't say anything. I hate to hear of anybody having slide problems.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:04 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Entegra Slide Operations & Issues (See #25)

Appears I have a lot to re-learn.
NIRVC Phoenix will have a lot of questions to answer when we take delivery Dec 19.
Guess that is why the told us we should stay on site in our new coach for a few days.
Not first leveling a coach before slide deployment seems counter-intuitive but guess as indicated above "A lot to re-learn"
Thank you for all the input here.
Hope to get to meet you all at some future date.
Bob W E WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:32 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W E WA View Post
Not first leveling a coach before slide deployment seems counter-intuitive but guess as indicated above "A lot to re-learn"
Thank you for all the input here.
Hope to get to meet you all at some future date.
You cannot believe how many times I still hit the jacks first. It's been 4 years and I still can't get use to not leveling first. Too many years doing it the old way. Good thing I have the check sheet in the dash drawer.

Tags
slide, slide out