Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2022, 08:35 AM   #15

Me and a friend just replaced this one. The original tube got crushed against a tree. All that I had from the OE set up was just the brackets on the slide-out. Took us about 15 mins.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide topper.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	372871  
Patrick 8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2022, 06:26 AM   #16

Toppers

I used Stone Vos, great people and products. They test all their materials in Florida, including the thread. Great service as well. I installed three of my four toppers with the help of a friend. The fourth driver side front was a little tougher because of the obstructions. I stopped on my way back to Illinois and had Stone Vos install that last one. They also inspected the other three and corrected the tension. I also must say I purchased four toppers for my 2014 Aspire and found I ordered the wrong color. They replaced the toppers with the correct color and only charged me a reduced price on the replacement toppers. So I have 4 top of the line Stone Vos toppers in Maroon I will sell for cheep! Anyone interested let me know. I hope I didn't break ant rules by listing this.
2014Aspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 09:15 AM   #17

I replaced it myself alone based on youtube videos , what made it easy was spraying silicone spray in the channels so it slide right in with me just pushing from one end . I did two of them with Stone VOS, but then did the other two with Universal Slide-Topper Replacement Cut-to-Fit Fabric got from Amazon. $200 for a roll of 50ft..

The product seemed to be well made. as had them on the coach for a year and in several areas we hit 50 to 70 MPH winds and they held up no issues.
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 10:18 AM   #18

I received my topper material from Stone Vos and I’m really impressed with their quality. I saw on videos that it was recommended to buy a lockable oil filter wrench to hold the aluminum drum. Here is how I held the drum and it worked fine. There are little holes in the drum, so after unwinding the drum by hand, I just stuck a Allen wrench in the hole
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8D0F6FE2-88A3-464F-96BC-7A21529E310A.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	373761  
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 03:42 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
I received my topper material from Stone Vos and I’m really impressed with their quality. I saw on videos that it was recommended to buy a lockable oil filter wrench to hold the aluminum drum. Here is how I held the drum and it worked fine. There are little holes in the drum, so after unwinding the drum by hand, I just stuck a Allen wrench in the hole
Hi Dave,

Which material from Stone Vos did you choose. Was it the Migliore?

Thanks!
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 03:47 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySG View Post
Hi Dave,

Which material from Stone Vos did you choose. Was it the Migliore?

Thanks!

Yes I bought the Migliore, that's what they recommended. It looks to be good material.
Old 08-15-2022, 04:03 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Yes I bought the Migliore, that's what they recommended. It looks to be good material.
Nice, thanks!!!
I'm going to have to do this soon.
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:55 AM   #22

It's not a hard job to do. The slide over the bed I did myself without any help (keep in mind though I do have a scissor lift). The hardest part was dealing with the drip guards.
Old 08-27-2022, 02:16 PM   #23

Forest River Owners Club
How to keep water from pooling on top of your slide toppers?
Bob Ballard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 02:32 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ballard View Post
How to keep water from pooling on top of your slide toppers?
Only go to CA where it never rains. Serious, you can keep rain off your slide by putting blown up beach balls under them, but few people do.. Best thing is stand away from the slide and bring it in a little at a time until the water has drained off. You can also draw the awnings down by putting ratchet strap across them to take out some of the slack if the are old and no longer tight.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 05:27 AM   #25

Had the full wall slide done with Tough Top a few weeks ago and I'm very pleased with the end result. That one, all twenty five feet of it, I thought best left to better backs than mine ...
Gordon1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 07:19 AM   #26

we have replaced a couple of our slide toppers with material from stone vos. the original ones were only single stitched and the seam came out. the ones from stone vos are double stitched!

there are many videos on how to replace them.

as people above say it is pretty easy with two people and some ladders. my helper does do ladders. so i built a cradle from pvc pipe that she could use to hold up the loose end of the roller while still standing on the ground. it worked out really well and she did not have to go up and down a ladder!
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide