Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2021, 08:20 AM   #15

wow, what timing! i just installed replacement slide topper fabric from stone vos yesterday! i really recommend them!

we had lippert solera toppers on our 2015 trailer. one of the slide toppers came unfastened from the trailer. after looking at it the issue was not the fabric itself. that looked just fine. but the seam that forms the pocket that goes into the channel on the trailer had come completely unstitched. so the pocket failed and the fabric pulled out. this seam on the oem topper was only a single seam. while i was up on the ladder i looked at the other slide toppers and the same seam in failing on all the other toppers.

stove vos has a seam that is double sewn that looks like it is sewn with a heavier thread. plus they offer a 10 year warranty. so for me replacing with something that will last 10 years or more seems like a no brainer as compared to replacing with something that has demonstrated that it will fail at 6 years.
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2021, 06:56 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
I have a question:
My Carefree toppers are in good condition.....but the stitching is starting to degrade. Can I just resew the topper (at this moment we are only talking about 3-7 inches) before it gets really bad?
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 06:09 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I would like to know what material everyone has chosen to use, looks like Stone Vos has different choices.

I purchased a 05 Monaco that will be needing new toppers soon!

Thanks in advance!
jdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 06:25 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mike View Post
I have a question:
My Carefree toppers are in good condition.....but the stitching is starting to degrade. Can I just resew the topper (at this moment we are only talking about 3-7 inches) before it gets really bad?
Yes, a good canvas shop can restitch them with better quality thread. If you get to FL. boat canvas shops are everywhere.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 06:50 AM   #19

Our original Carefree window and large awnings will be due for replacement.
The window awnings seem manageable.

The large awning has a seam/pocket for the LED wiring. Guessing Stone Vos or Tough Top would know the dimensions.
Has anyone replaced the large awning on a classic themselves or is it better to have a pro do it?
Vinyl or acrylic?
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:32 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Our original Carefree window and large awnings will be due for replacement.
The window awnings seem manageable.

The large awning has a seam/pocket for the LED wiring. Guessing Stone Vos or Tough Top would know the dimensions.
Has anyone replaced the large awning on a classic themselves or is it better to have a pro do it?
Vinyl or acrylic?
My neighbor and I replace all of the slide topper on my Travel Supreme. Back then Carefree had Sunbrella replacements for their awnings. I ordered them though a dealer in Dallas, half price of what Carefree was to the public.

The awning were perfect and fit like a glove, easy to install as well. Might check if the Sunbrella is still available from Carefree.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:23 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
For our ‘17 Insignia we went with the following from CareFree.

Slide Toppers - Carefree Ascent - Polyweave Black
- Passenger Front - 160” - ~ $245.50 - Carefree of Colorado Part # MAC156RGJV42
- Passenger Rear - 88” - ~$196 - Carefree of Colorado Part # MAC084RGJV42
- Drivers Rear - 88” - ~ $196 - Carefree of Colorado Part # MAC084RGJV42
- Drivers Front - 216” - ~ $322.50 - Carefree of Colorado Part # MBZ212RGJV42

https://www.e-carefree.com/ecarefree...o=y&action=cfg
Old 10-12-2021, 12:48 PM   #22

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Stone Vos

We are very happy with Stone Vos. Ordered 4 slide covers from them and no comparison to the Carefree of Colorado we replaced. Much better product and very easy to work with.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a sunshade that attaches to their awning? Looking for something easy to install and use.

Thank you in advance.
kysptm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:05 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Just replace all 4 toppers with Stone Vos best fabric ~$950. The material is far superior to carefree material.

Herb
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide