Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have a die grinder that can fix the corners your Cornerstone.
But then it would be a Roundstone, instead of a Cornerstone.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2014, 01:01 PM   #30

Slides stopping blocks breaking

For folks looking toward Entegra products, it is good to have great CS, but slide issues like this makes me very nervous.
Without posted warning signs, I forsee the unexperienced folk crunching things up quite a bit. Yikes!
I would not feel good trying to stop a slide "just in time", and maybe it is a bit open or a lot too tight.
Do they have fix/upgrade in the works?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
But then it would be a Roundstone, instead of a Cornerstone.
Okay, now that's funny!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:58 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
It is a slide stop. Most coaches have them as a safety stop against pulling the slide in too far and alignment. Some have spacers on them inside the stop to assure that the slide is even with the outside of the coach. It doesn't take much to break a 3/16" metal screw if the stop is hit a little too hard. As stated earlier, I've seen stryrofoam, hard rubber, and hard plastic used on Entegras. JMHO, don't see a fix coming; don't think a fix is needed. If you doubt that then talk to CS as I did did before yesterday (as I had one pop a screw. They may ask you some questions to see if it sounds like you have a slide alignment problem.

I'm glad this is the thing I have to worry about as opposed to some of the full wall slide issues I keep reading about. Again, JMHO.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #33

I just added clear silicone to mine they have been fine a year after it happened once the won't fall off again if you are generous with the silicone GE SILICONE CLEAR IS BEST
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #34

This is the post (below) that has me the most puzzled.
My slides squeek and are noisy, but they always work and they stop solidly going in or out; far from wimpy: no broken stops.
Do you folks actually need to carefully throttle the Entegra slides as they move so they don't cause damage? And you must (per most recent post) silicone the stops to keep them from falling off, but if they do fall off.....Yikes!
If ECC does not have a fix, why would anyone knowingly risk messing with faulty slides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
My previous coach's slides were noisy with lots of squeaks - especially the FWS. At the slide limits, in or out, the motor would just groan a bit so you new you were done.

I find with the Entegra mechanism I have to watch very closely as I don't get the audible signal that the travel limit has been reached. For this reason, I prefer to use the wall mounted switches and force myself to pay close attention so I let off the switch the moment the limit has been reached. I'd rather have the slide motors too powerful rather than too wimpy.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:41 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
This is the post (below) that has me the most puzzled.
My slides squeek and are noisy, but they always work and they stop solidly going in or out; far from wimpy: no broken stops.
Do you folks actually need to carefully throttle the Entegra slides as they move so they don't cause damage? And you must (per most recent post) silicone the stops to keep them from falling off, but if they do fall off.....Yikes!
If ECC does not have a fix, why would anyone knowingly risk messing with faulty slides?
It's really not a big deal unless someone make it into one. I had automatic slides before and now the Entegra's. At least you are not accidentally hitting the button bring the slide in while parked like the auto slides would do. I really never paid much attention to the Entegra slides until this post came up.

After a year, I just did an inspection on mine and all the slide blocks are fine. It's really not a big deal unless someone stands on the button and that is going to happen with any brand of MH. Watching the slides when extending or retracting. even with automatics, is like checking the outside before extending. Not doing either one is going to cause damage sooner or later.

BTW, I burnt out two slide controllers on my previous MH with auto slide, so they are not perfect either.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #36

IMHO, this thread was started for valid reasons.
Slides should have adjustable, unbreakable, totally solid stops for in and out, as do my Monaco and other makers slides.
I think it IS a problem and, along with the owner complaints here, would expect an EC fix of the block breaking problem rather than the contrived workarounds of some owners, or the bandaid of providing blocks for owner replacement. I do understand the forgiveness of some via brand loyalty.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #37

Agree emphatically...
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 12:13 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I do understand the forgiveness of some via brand loyalty.
I am the last one to be brand loyal with the number of major problems I have had. Just mentioned my take on the slides after a year of limited use. Others it may be more bothersome and I may change as time goes on, so far no problems and I hope I don't have any.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 12:36 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I am the last one to be brand loyal with the number of major problems I have had. Just mentioned my take on the slides after a year of limited use. Others it may be more bothersome and I may change as time goes on, so far no problems and I hope I don't have any.

Understood, Chuck. I am familiar with your unfortunate saga. 😁
Old 10-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry you view my thoughts a brand loyalty. I am simply relaying what the experts here on campus at Entegra are saying. Of course they could be lying to me, but as some know, I have had my fair share of discussions on issues with the folks here. Some of those discussions have led to recalls. I do dig in occasionally. And I do not believe the people whether in the past, or are currently, lying to me or playing me off.

And I had one that broke off last week; it was repaired Friday. FWIW, I'll be happy to discuss with Ted Cook again. That said, I find the brand loyalty comment a bit offensive. Like I said, I'm here in Middlebury, and I'll ask for a more extensive answer...which, as I always have, I will report back in this forum.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #41

Quote:
IMHO, this thread was started for valid reasons.
Slides should have adjustable, unbreakable, totally solid stops for in and out, as do my Monaco and other makers slides.
I think it IS a problem and, along with the owner complaints here, would expect an EC fix of the block breaking problem rather than the contrived workarounds of some owners, or the bandaid of providing blocks for owner replacement. I do understand the forgiveness of some via brand loyalty.
Frankly the pieces that are breaking are not a big deal yes there could be some improvement. they are a ABS block that is screwed to the slide to maintain alignment the only thing that they can cause to go bad is the room will not be perfectly aligned with the body. I have 15 years experience working on Monaco and Holiday Rambler products and have made hundreds of repairs to their slide systems which by the way they don't build they just buy them and install them based on the cheapest one they can make work in the coach.

Because we live in a new world of information being instant you get to see all the little issues mixed with some bigger ones. Also your seeing growing pains since Entegra cannot keep up with demand however they are very well backed and they fix the problems. However I can assure you the issues with Entegra vs Monaco in build quality is vast You would gag if you saw some of the mistakes Monaco has shipped out it's doors. Just little things like dropping heavy TV sets on drivers heads because they used 4 screws to hold it in place. Id the stops breaking a issue yep is it a big deal not really.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:16 PM   #42

Dealers should work with EC to develop a fix.
My Monaco has great slides.

Tags
slide