Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2022, 06:13 AM   #1

sliding door won't stay open or shut little help please

2020 Anthem, the sliding door from bedroom and bathroom will not stay full open or shut . L don't see what keeps it that way. Has anyone had this problem? I would like some infor before I remove the handle to see how it works. Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2022, 06:15 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
2020 Anthem, the sliding door from bedroom and bathroom will not stay full open or shut . L don't see what keeps it that way. Has anyone had this problem? I would like some infor before I remove the handle to see how it works. Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Safe travels all
If the door is like mine, there is a plunger or dead bolt located on top of the door which fits into a keeper in the fully open or fully closed positions. I had to replace mine.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 06:39 AM   #3

I rely more on the positive catch when the door is fully retracted/open.
That plunger supposedly will hold the door in any position but……
I’ve never had to look at mine, but does yours catch when fully open or closed?
You can feel the piece on top of the door that moves up/down when pushing on the latch.
Only a guess, but if yours is not engaging, there may be a spring in there that let go.
Might start there.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 08:35 AM   #4

There is a black plastic piece inside the track of your door that is held in place by a screw. The plunger pin connected to your door lock has to be inserted in the one pin position in the black piece to get the door to stay in one position, either open or closed. You have to make sure that you are getting the door positioned so that the rod in your door goes into the proper hole in the plastic.

I've had to do a lot of screwing around with that plastic catch because I want my door to lock closed when traveling down the road. I could care less if it locks open or closed when slides are out and we are at rest when parked. The reason that I want the door to lock fully closed when traveling is because we travel with 2 cats who are all about trying to find new places to examine or hide and everyone needs to understand that there is a huge hole under the bed on the forward side when the bed slide is "in". There have been more than a couple of reports of coach owners crushing their cats or dogs when they move the bed slide in or out without considering if their pet might be under the bed at the time. Very dangerous situation for pets. So we lock our door closed when the two bedroom slides "in" and that big hole is wide open.

To do that, we needed to re-position the black plastic lock piece to a new position so the door will not open when we have slides all "in" and are moving/traveling. That simply required drilling a new screw hole that would hold the plastic catch in the correct position to be locked solid as we travel down the road.

Dee and I also never move that bed slide unless we have our eyes locked on our two 4-legged travel companions .... I literally say "Eyes on cats" before moving any slide (particularly the bed slide on this "B" floor plan). and nothing moves until we see our two little ones and they are out of danger.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 10:56 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hockey Puck

The descriptions in the posts above of a spring loaded plunger in the top of the sliding doors that fits into a recepticle mounted in the track to hold the door completely open or completely closed accurately describe the latches on my '18 Anthem.

In addition, on my '18 Anthem, there's a door locking mechanism for each of those sliding doors that is pneumatically actuated when the transmission is put into "D" or, I believe, "R" and the Parking Brake is released. It's the same system as the pneumatically activated latch on the entry door. Those mechanisms consist of a plunger that's driven upward to push a rubber disk (similar to a hockey puck) against the underside of those doors and hold them firmly to keep them from moving while driving.

Here's a photo of one of those with the plunger retracted (not driving) that shows the rubber hockey puck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210804_072500.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	369023

The hockey puck is attached to a metal plunger by an adhesive that has been know to fail, allowing the hockey puck to become detached from the metal plunger. I was able to retrieve the hockey puck from the area under the door and reattach it using 3M mounting tape. If the hockey puck has become detached, the metal plunger will still operate, but won't reach the door to lock it in place when driving.

Take care,
Stu
Old 06-23-2022, 05:39 AM   #6

door

I can see the plunger and it seems to be working. Perhaps it just isn't goinh up far enough. Wonder if it can be adjusted up or if I need to try and raise the door up itself? Thanks for replies guys

safe travels all
Old 06-23-2022, 06:14 AM   #7

FB, if someone can visually check the plunger operation when the coach is put in drive, you should see the plunger make contact with the bottom of the door.
If it does, then I would be focusing on the plastic piece that engages the track above. That is what really keeps the door from moving. Your door should “click” in either the fully open or closed position. If it doesn’t, you will know what to do.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 10:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
I can see the plunger and it seems to be working. Perhaps it just isn't goinh up far enough. Wonder if it can be adjusted up or if I need to try and raise the door up itself? Thanks for replies guys

safe travels all
IIRC, the plunger is bullet shaped and threaded on to the rod which actuates it. It is hard to get to with the door on it's track. I had to remove mine in order to install a new rod.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 01:11 PM   #9

My memory is that the bullet shaped end piece to the door rod that connects to the locking hand grip to unlock the door IS, in fact, threaded to the rod and you screw it up further into the catch or down further.... Maybe your bullet end piece has simply vibrated itself down fully and is no longer going solidly into the hole it should lock into.

I don't think that you want to screw around with trying to raise or lower the door itself.... it hangs on a series of wheeled hangers inside the aluminum track and you should not need to work on those "hangers"

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:46 AM   #10

door

Thanks again for all the suggestions guys. I am going to try to adjust the plunger up a little. I think that will fix it.

safe travels all

Tags
door