Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2021, 03:48 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Slow draining sinks

I read a bunch of stuff on another thread that talked about AAV vents and flexi-hose kinks. Could somebody explain to me where these things are and how to access them? 2019 Reatta 37MB (soon to be Ex-Reatta 37MB...)
fallmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2021, 04:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallmeadow View Post
I read a bunch of stuff on another thread that talked about AAV vents and flexi-hose kinks. Could somebody explain to me where these things are and how to access them? 2019 Reatta 37MB (soon to be Ex-Reatta 37MB...)
I don't know about those things you mentioned, however, we have a slow draining kitchen sink. We have found that if we retract the kitchen slide approx 2-3", then the issues goes away. We are doing that until we get in to the factory in Oct for annual service.
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:46 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallmeadow View Post
Air admittance valves (AAV's) are generally installed in the area under a sink and plumbed into the drain line. They're an alternative to a vent in a drain stack. This is what they look like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	AAV.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	329806

There are a variety of AAV's, so, yours may not look exactly like the photo.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-27-2021, 08:36 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Before you start sticking stuff down the drain, see if you have a regular P-trap or one of the bladder style Hep-Vo traps. You do not want to do anything to damage the bladder.
https://hepvo.com/

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Before you start sticking stuff down the drain, see if you have a regular P-trap or one of the bladder style Hep-Vo traps. You do not want to do anything to damage the bladder.
https://hepvo.com/

Ken
they are normal P traps and on mine it was clear of clogs. There seems to be a kink somewhere, but who knows where. Entegra CS wasn't much help on this one.
Old 05-28-2021, 05:06 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post
they are normal P traps and on mine it was clear of clogs. There seems to be a kink somewhere, but who knows where. Entegra CS wasn't much help on this one.
Bill did yours drain slow from the time you picked up the coach or just start? If it's recent, try removing the Air Admittance Valve the Stu showed. It a black valve on the Entegras, it will unscrew. Don't leave it off, the smell will run you out of the coach, just to check to the valve is sticking causing the problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 05:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Bill did yours drain slow from the time you picked up the coach or just start? If it's recent, try removing the Air Admittance Valve the Stu showed. It a black valve on the Entegras, it will unscrew. Don't leave it off, the smell will run you out of the coach, just to check to the valve is sticking causing the problem.

Didn’t have problem initially. I will try what you suggest, but funny it drains fine when slide is retracted 3”.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Didn’t have problem initially. I will try what you suggest, but funny it drains fine when slide is retracted 3”.
I find it hard to believe you have a vent problem if your sink drains OK when the slide is retracted a bit. I'd be inclined to think the flexible drain hose is getting kinked or squeezed somewhere when the slide is fully opened.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
I find it hard to believe you have a vent problem if your sink drains OK when the slide is retracted a bit. I'd be inclined to think the flexible drain hose is getting kinked or squeezed somewhere when the slide is fully opened.
I would agree with that statement, but Chuck is knowledgeable so I will check it out. The trouble comes in finding access to a possible kink. There just isn't a lot of places to gain access. I am thinking I will have the Mother ship deal with it in October, when I have an appt. Losing a few inches of floor space is a fairly minor inconvenience.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:59 AM   #10

How do you deal with the slide being partially closed when it's raining outside? Doesn't the slide have to be either fully open or fully closed for a good seal?
I don't have slides so I'm just asking.
Old 05-28-2021, 07:08 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
How do you deal with the slide being partially closed when it's raining outside? Doesn't the slide have to be either fully open or fully closed for a good seal?
I don't have slides so I'm just asking.
Yes, that is correct and it is not just rain at issue. A partially open slide will also not seal out heat, cold, humidity, bugs or small critters. The slide should be kept fully open or fully closed.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 07:34 AM   #12

Chuck, I looked under sink and do not see one of those valves.

As far as having slide partially retracted, all I can say is we have been in some very heavy weather lately and no issue at all. Also we have found with prolonged wind gusting up to 40mph, we have partially retracted slides which helped with noise and saving slide toppers from excess wear and tear.
Old 05-28-2021, 09:36 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Chuck, I looked under sink and do not see one of those valves.
This is from the bathroom sink, but the kitchen sink is also a black one like this. You can shake it and see if if the ball is free. The screw in replacements are $6. at Lowe's The Studor valves, an upgrade, are $25.

If the slow drain just started, unlikely a kink, unless hoses were messed with in the slide. The vent valves are a common problem, they can stick open and allowing sewer gas into the coach, or stick close causing the drain not to vent and water drain slow. Nice part, it's easy to check, unscrew the valve, fill the sink with water and see if it drains
If the P trap was clean, unlikely a clog unless something large went past the P trap.

A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 10:14 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Good afternoon all

I have a question: With the slide fully open, could you remove the P-trap and slide a camera on a wire to see what is happening? I saw these devices at Harbor Freight last week.

https://www.harborfreight.com/35-in-...lot-64170.html

Be safe
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink