Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2021, 08:29 AM   #1

Snap Pads (Install / Remove)

I am hoping someone has done this already and that is remove the Snap Pads from their Entegra and re-installed them on a new coach? I have a Reatta XL 2020 that I put the Snap Pads on and want to remove them so I can install them on my Anthem coming sometime in March.
Cr8havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2021, 08:35 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Have you confirmed they are the same size? I put them on our coach, they will stay since the new rig has different size pads.

I used liquid soap to lube them when lowering the jacks into place. they have a tight friction fit to the pad. I'm sure Snap Pad has a FAQ on removal. i'll bet it involves pry bars. be careful! the way they snapped around that pad, I was careful not to get a finger close.

Best of luck.
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:40 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I tried to remove them from my 19...almost impossible. This is a copy and paste from their website. I ordered a new set for the 21
SnapPads are designed to be installed once. Do NOT remove and re-install as this will also void your warranty. Getting Started

1. Register your product here after purchase.
  2. Later on, you can file a claim here if needed.
  3. Have any questions? Contact us info@rvsnappad.com, or call 1-866-923-9538
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2road View Post
Have you confirmed they are the same size? I put them on our coach, they will stay since the new rig has different size pads.

I used liquid soap to lube them when lowering the jacks into place. they have a tight friction fit to the pad. I'm sure Snap Pad has a FAQ on removal. i'll bet it involves pry bars. be careful! the way they snapped around that pad, I was careful not to get a finger close.

Best of luck.
The Reatta XL and Anthem have the same size 10" Octagon Pads (measured them at the dealers lot). They are a tight fit and in a tough spot to use lots of prybars on. I am hoping I can use my heat gun to soften them up so them come off easier. Hopefully someone has done this on the Forum.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I tried to remove them from my 19...almost impossible. This is a copy and paste from their website. I ordered a new set for the 21
SnapPads are designed to be installed once. Do NOT remove and re-install as this will also void your warranty. Getting Started

1. Register your product here after purchase.
  2. Later on, you can file a claim here if needed.
  3. Have any questions? Contact us info@rvsnappad.com, or call 1-866-923-9538
I was hoping I could save them and some $$, I am guessing I may be a pioneer on this. If I damage them in the process I will order a new set.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:09 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
After my attempt, if you want to try, it would be easier to remove the jack foot where you will have leverage and a vice to hold it. Trying it under the coach, the jack pads spins and no way to get leverage. I was told by Snap Pad when I called them that if reinstalled they sometimes do not stay on and are lost. It worked, they sold me a new set.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:56 AM   #7

My guess is that the jack pads are designed not to come off in clay, mud, rock, virtually any condition by design.

Just reach for your wallet and buy another set and save yourself a lot of frustration.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrower View Post
I was hoping I could save them and some $$, I am guessing I may be a pioneer on this. If I damage them in the process I will order a new set.

I think there is a youtube video detailing removal.

I placed the pads on my heated floors over night and getting them on was much easier by doing that. Heating made the rubber more pliable so your idea of a heat gun is probably a good one.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:28 PM   #9

If you drive I-25 in Colorado they'll come off. I've lost two already.

I bought the EQ Octagon Snap Pads, which are the recommended model for my 10" equalizer octagonal jack feet. Lost one, bought another, lost a second (from a different jack). We know how (not) to do road maintenance here!
Old 02-02-2021, 04:39 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I removed from our 2016 and reinstalled on our 2021. No problem removing and have just about 2000 miles without a problem. I made ramps for raising mh for maintenence. Made getting underneath easier. Lubed with soapy water and used small pry bars (motorcycle tire irons) to remove. Once you get it started it they come off easily.
Tim Fox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 04:53 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
I also have removed from one coach to another with no problem. Snap Pad only warrantys them for a year.
Ron1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:07 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
I removed from our 2016 and reinstalled on our 2021. No problem removing and have just about 2000 miles without a problem. I made ramps for raising mh for maintenence. Made getting underneath easier. Lubed with soapy water and used small pry bars (motorcycle tire irons) to remove. Once you get it started it they come off easily.

That would be the trick for getting the leverage needed. Almost impossible without a method to lift the coach or removing the jack foot.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
Great input, I do have a set of motorcycle tire irons. The worst thing that could happen is I have to order a new set from Walmart (they have them in stock). I would love a set of ramps to be able to get under the RV easier. Also looking at HD Floor Jack and Stands. I will post the results and when I can figure out how to add a photo I will include them.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:15 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I’m not at home to measure but the ramps I made are just stacked 2x10’s. I angled the leading edge. For the tags I had to angle both sides so they would fit between drive and tag. I put stops on the forward edge of the front and drive ramps so I don’t drive off them.
Tim Fox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
install