Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2014, 07:23 PM   #1

So if you brought rv in for service

A Spartan certified dealer And you left then get to storage and see a pretty big scratch that was not there Like it was banged and scraped with a service type cart, so you are thinking about it so you lift hatch on engine and go to check oil and find out its full in proper level. But you see they never reinstalled the filler cap. Would you react in what manner I swear people just don't care anymore, just totally confused about service it never seems to go properly
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Never leave the service center without a complete walk thru inside the coach and also exterior. Perform this inspection with the service manager. Unfortunately, your next move will be difficult to prove the scratch was their fault. Best of luck!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:44 PM   #3

Go back to dealer get the service manager find out who worked on your rig. If the "tech" still has the cap it should be in the cart with your body paint. Or ask to see the drawer where the "tech" puts all the extra parts he has from the jobs. Every mechanic has such a drawer or box I know I do. Ps. I work on heavy equiptment noT MH's
Freestyle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #4

RV Service Reviews

I'm not sure why more people don't use this review site. Post a service review, good or bad, and send a link to the service manager; better yet the owner.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:23 PM   #5

Well I agree with everyone above here on these posts first I should have done what the first poster said. I did not, my brother owns a ford dealership so I have several people that can touch it up thx to entegra they send touch up with the coaches. My wife and I have a new policy like posted above. And just wont leave it if possible My main problem is we get charged top dollar and get low end techs. We both could not believe it then I think I better check the oil level and the oil cap was left off. Disgusted
Old 03-29-2014, 11:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle21 View Post
Go back to dealer get the service manager find out who worked on your rig. If the "tech" still has the cap it should be in the cart with your body paint. Or ask to see the drawer where the "tech" puts all the extra parts he has from the jobs. Every mechanic has such a drawer or box I know I do. Ps. I work on heavy equiptment noT MH's
freestyle it was like a tool cart or a cart with something heavy hanging off of it was bumped into it really friggin hard enough to go about a quarter inch deep 4 inches long and then about a half inch after about a stop of a inch or so so about 5 inches total. I am glad I have the touch up paint and the body shop guy at my disposal. Or else im sure if it wasn't me there would be fireworks. Disgusting behavior one thing I know a lot of people in my area and on the road who will hear about it. But like stated b4 proving it very tough
Old 03-30-2014, 05:41 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I do most of my own maintenance and that is one of reasons why. If I do have to have something done, I normally stay with the coach. I am one of those nervous guys standing just outside of the bay , but many times waiting inside of the coach. I do everything I can not to leave the MH out of my sight because others just don't care anymore. Sorry that happened, I hate to hear that.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:14 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Didn't have quite the same experience but did have some jokesters if you want to call them that at a tire center. Had new tires installed and upon entering the coach in the service center, seen a few of the guys that worked on changing them kind of giggling when I enetered the coach. At first didn't think much of it. I left and drove home about 15 miles but stopped to gas up. Upon walking around to the fill side of the coach I kind of see maybe what was so funny. It looked like someone had sprayed what looked like grease over about half the side of the coach. Well it turned out to be pop (Coke) that was either shaken then opened and sprayed on it or a can had fallen on the floor and sprayed it. Don't know which but I didn't think it was very funny. Now I had a wash job that wasn't in the mix for the day but needed to be done. On top of that when inspecting the special wrench needed to remove the nuts under the simulator nut covers I found the wrench damaged beyond use. A call back to the service manager did some mental good for me but the attitude from him on the phone I'm sure didn't go anywhere beyond the phone call. I know from now on I will do a walk around before pulling out of any service bay regardless of what there rules might be of only employees being in that area.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:40 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Speaking of Spartan service....a lesson learned. Before our last trip I had a ride height valve go bad. I took it to an RV dealer I can't stand, becasue they are Spartan approved. They took all day and charged a bunch and did not set the ride height. Next day took it back to have the adjustment made and when I got back to my hanger there was my front end shop that I use with a mobile unit that had just changed another RV'er ride height valve at 1/3 the cost and in 30 minutes and he adjusted the ride height...something I had to make a second trip for.

Lesson learned, I am going to check for mobile service before taking my MH in to anyone for repairs.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:52 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Have to agree on one thing...charging $120/hr for a tech and paying them $12-15/ probably covers a little more that their benefits, taxes overhead,insurance, and generates enormous profits per hour worked. But this practice is common in all industries. A little more attention to training, benefits, ect would make for a better quality tech and a happier workforce that cares. Unfortunately, probably not going to happen in this world.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
Didn't have quite the same experience but did have some jokesters if you want to call them that at a tire center. Had new tires installed and upon entering the coach in the service center, seen a few of the guys that worked on changing them kind of giggling when I enetered the coach. At first didn't think much of it. I left and drove home about 15 miles but stopped to gas up. Upon walking around to the fill side of the coach I kind of see maybe what was so funny. It looked like someone had sprayed what looked like grease over about half the side of the coach. Well it turned out to be pop (Coke) that was either shaken then opened and sprayed on it or a can had fallen on the floor and sprayed it. Don't know which but I didn't think it was very funny. Now I had a wash job that wasn't in the mix for the day but needed to be done. On top of that when inspecting the special wrench needed to remove the nuts under the simulator nut covers I found the wrench damaged beyond use. A call back to the service manager did some mental good for me but the attitude from him on the phone I'm sure didn't go anywhere beyond the phone call. I know from now on I will do a walk around before pulling out of any service bay regardless of what there rules might be of only employees being in that area.
What IS wrong with people I just don't get it.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Have to agree on one thing...charging $120/hr for a tech and paying them $12-15/ probably covers a little more that their benefits, taxes overhead,insurance, and generates enormous profits per hour worked. But this practice is common in all industries. A little more attention to training, benefits, ect would make for a better quality tech and a happier workforce that cares. Unfortunately, probably not going to happen in this world.
DSL I never mind paying the bill but geeeez at least take it easy around the units.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:45 PM   #13

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
... But this practice is common in all industries. A little more attention to training, benefits, ect would make for a better quality tech and a happier workforce that cares. Unfortunately, probably not going to happen in this world.
I have to agree with you there. A big-three dealership sent me out without ~any~ oil in the engine of my previous daily driver sedan. It was dumb luck I suppose that the oil idiot light didn't work either. I was fortunate enough to be able to hear the engine noise over the raging thunderstorm.I no longer purchase that brand of vehicle, but how hard it is to follow a checklist? I do it every time I camp, and that's not even what I do for a living, unfortunately

It seems to me, based on this type of issue and a number of others, not necessarily related to service, that people just don't have any real level of attention to detail any longer. The pace of life and the expectation that we must do more with less and faster to boot is really doing everyone a serious disservice...

- Randy
Old 03-30-2014, 02:32 PM   #14

I noticed the oil cap at a glance,,,, I just don't get it who knows if that would have set a check engine code if I had not checked it, and the back for more service geeessh

Tags
service