Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2016, 10:20 AM   #71

Did the factory tour yesterday. First thing we were shoed was a banner that said "Wash and Ready". Cody explained that that was their goal (not there yet he admitted), to build a product that when it arrived at the dealer all they had to do was wash and hand the keys to the new owner.

Maybe this is unattainable, but if the 2yr PDI is indeed a thing of the past, then it may allow the factory to focus more on this goal. Just trying to remain optimistic here......
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2016, 10:28 AM   #72

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Any mention at the factory Harley about the changes? Did you notice any gloom because of Tadd leaving?
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:44 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Travel View Post
Any mention at the factory Harley about the changes? Did you notice any gloom because of Tadd leaving?
We got there about 2pm and didn't notice anything other than Tadds office being dark. Cody, out guide was very upbeat and there was no mention of turmoil or a management shift. The factory floor was vacant, guess they start real early and their shift was finished by the time our tour started. Nothing to indicate to me to run to a different manufacturer.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:50 AM   #74

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Cruzer is right in keeping a positive outlook. Entegra leads the industry in Quality Assurance in their build quality and autonomy of the QC team after build. I have heard of many coach deliveries that had single digit punch lists. That is remarkable, and is the envy of the MH industry. Don't expect that to go away.

In addition, while the industry IS starved for quality technicians, the upturn in the market is bringing more qualified people into the industry. The dealers are ALL scrambling for the really good ones, and in many instances, they are having to train their own. I do expect tech availability to improve as long as the market holds. They are good jobs to have.

Finally, I do not believe the build quality nor the two-year warranty will disappear anytime soon. Bontrager's are still the driving force behind Entegra, even though Tadd was perhaps the face of the brand. In the end, we all know that our most favorite go to person is our good friend Joyce Skinner and her exemplary Customer Service.

Matt Thompson is an experienced and savvy industry professional. I hope everyone will give him a chance to grow Entegra into a giant of the industry.

'Wash and Drive' was Tadd's dream goal. Perhaps it will also be his legacy, moving forward.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
www.entegraowners.com
2017 Anthem DEQ/Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 11:03 AM   #75

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
It will be interesting to see what transpires and to see who represents Entegra at the big NIRVC Grand Opening bash in Atlanta December 8th through 10th.. . .
I've also noticed something NEW on the NIRVC website -
2018 Thor Palazzos

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 11:21 AM   #76

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Cruzer is right in keeping a positive outlook. Entegra leads the industry in Quality Assurance in their build quality and autonomy of the QC team after build. I have heard of many coach deliveries that had single digit punch lists. That is remarkable, and is the envy of the MH industry. Don't expect that to go away.

In addition, while the industry IS starved for quality technicians, the upturn in the market is bringing more qualified people into the industry. The dealers are ALL scrambling for the really good ones, and in many instances, they are having to train their own. I do expect tech availability to improve as long as the market holds. They are good jobs to have.

Finally, I do not believe the build quality nor the two-year warranty will disappear anytime soon. Bontrager's are still the driving force behind Entegra, even though Tadd was perhaps the face of the brand. In the end, we all know that our most favorite go to person is our good friend Joyce Skinner and her exemplary Customer Service.

Matt Thompson is an experienced and savvy industry professional. I hope everyone will give him a chance to grow Entegra into a giant of the industry.

'Wash and Drive' was Tadd's dream goal. Perhaps it will also be his legacy, moving forward.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
Entegra Coach Owners Association - Home
2017 Anthem DEQ/Ford Edge

Pat, could not have said it better!
Naivete to think Entegra Coach, with all their dealers and sales reaching record amounts, would keep a Factory PDI after 2 years.

2 years of ownership, go to the Factory and make your coach new again was nice.

But, have you ever been to "Red Bay?" Anywhere between 100-200 coaches hanging around as much as 6 months waiting to get their "free" service repairs.

When Entegra Coach just had a few outlets like RVOne, Texas & LD's selling their coaches, sure they can offer such perks to help them get started and build a reputation. Come-on, Really

The 2-year Warranty is already the best in the business.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:33 AM   #77

Interesting to see this much sunshine in the middle of the storm. I agree, Tadd will be missed, I also agree that faces come and go, and ongoing management is more important than who "used to work here".

Here's what I am alarmed about; Policy changes at Thortegra, they are now saying no more 2 year factory PDI. Don’t know what their plan is for the factory service center (brand new million dollar gig just shut down?) , but that’s a big negative change. It sounds like they are relying on their dealer network to provide better service and do the two year. My nearest dealers are Paul Everts in Fresno (barf), Beaver Coach in Bend (better), and the new facility at NIRVC in Phoenix (maybe very good, their rep in Atlanta is topnotch). The advantage to going to Middlebury is not the facility though, it is the concentration of tech expertise and high level warranty decision making. That will now be gone.

At the factory tour, that concentration of tech expertise, parts availability, and mostly, the ability to make high level warranty decisions such as, "Yes, replace the entire roof, it needs to be done" is gone forever. That was perhaps the biggest selling point for Entegra over SOB coaches for me. Entegra's customer service is the biggest selling point for my wife. My spring choice for a new coach may be changing.

Disappointed.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 11:33 AM   #78

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Seems to me that Entegra is far superior than any other motorhome manufacturer.. travel supreme was the same and Entegra is travel supreme.. these coaches go way back and all were built top notch.. even this blip in production that some speak of which was like 2012 to early 2014 ( which btw I own a 14 model and I think its superbly built) were still built very well. A few things got rushed but Entegra quickly and proudly took care of them..
what other motorhome manufactures are like this? Ya. None

As others say. " people come and go" that's how business goes.. but at the end of the day Entegra is still Entegra who ever
Sits in this chair .. jmo
Yeah, your right.
Every other RV manufacturer tells their customers, "We never want to see, or hear from you again", before they drive off the lot !
Old 11-19-2016, 11:42 AM   #79

Quote:
At NIRVC I just told them in advance of what was needed and they had it ready for me when I arrived. I've also communicated with Entegra customer service and basically troubleshooted right over the phone. Then they asked if I wanted to set up a service appointment or if they should contact my dealer and get them ready with the parts before I arrive.
No offense, Mark, we know each other and you know this is NOT personal.

As with you, I also have good ability to troubleshoot over the phone and do many repairs myself. I've done well straightening out my Tad-less coach's problems and working with CS to do so. Entegra CS has been awesome, but my luck at dealers has not been as good.

Here's my point; frankly, I think the dealer/CS may pay more attention to Mark Q's call than to anyotherguy's call. They have to know your sphere of influence and react differently, it's human nature. Like I said, not personal, and more power to you, just how it is.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 12:03 PM   #80

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
At NIRVC I just told them in advance of what was needed and they had it ready for me when I arrived. I've also communicated with Entegra customer service and basically troubleshooted right over the phone. Then they asked if I wanted to set up a service appointment or if they should contact my dealer and get them ready with the parts before I arrive.
Mark, I really appreciate yourinside feedback. I saw on my PDI personally how backed up Entegra was in the service dept and knew something had to change. People like me with lousy dealers caused many of the problems.

I tired your method with LD but they would not budge on ordering parts until they could see the coach. I can't use my dealer as an example as they are not anywhere close to NIRVC in going the extra mile in service.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 12:10 PM   #81
Moderator Emeritus

No offense taken, John. But a few times that I called I got someone who didn't know me and needed me to give him all my info, then helped me anyway so I don't think that they play favorites.

The main reason for the decreased emphasis on two year PDIs is so that they can devote more service facility resources to warranty and non-warranty repair work. The facility won't be idle by any means but the end result is that it will be easier to get in for an important repair rather than have to wait for a future opening. That will do more good for the customer than the two year PDI. They will still repair anything within the two year warranty but just not al at once at the two year point at the factory.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 12:38 PM   #82

Entegra Owners Club
The negativity here astounds me. Guess what guys, Tadd did NOT walk on water, and he is NOT the only competent manager in the world. Yes, he did some really good things, but who says somebody else can't do the job as well or better. News Flash: The Cubs just won the World Series WITHOUT Ernie Banks!

If you are so upset about no 2-year PDI, just buy your next coach from a manufacturer who provides one. Oh, wait, there aren't any? That should tell you something.

I for one will give the new guy a chance and withhold criticism until I see a valid reason for it.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 01:02 PM   #83

Entegra Owners Club
I certainly want to wish Tadd the very best in his future endeavors. He is as hard working, honest and straightforward as anyone I ever met. But in the end what concerns me is that Tadd didn't need this job. He left the first time to pursue his dream of owning his own car dealership and it is doing very well. He came back because he loves this business, it's people and felt he could make a difference, which he obviously has. Very few people have the option of simply quitting their job.
So my question is: What changed that told him this is not fun anymore and he needs to leave the company that has his mark all over it and go do something else? Only time will tell!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 04:32 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
I certainly want to wish Tadd the very best in his future endeavors. He is as hard working, honest and straightforward as anyone I ever met. But in the end what concerns me is that Tadd didn't need this job. He left the first time to pursue his dream of owning his own car dealership and it is doing very well. He came back because he loves this business, it's people and felt he could make a difference, which he obviously has. Very few people have the option of simply quitting their job.
So my question is: What changed that told him this is not fun anymore and he needs to leave the company that has his mark all over it and go do something else? Only time will tell!
I totally agree with you Gary. Unlike Marc, I'm not sure he can't walk on water, I never saw him try, but one thing for sure he certainly had a passion for Entegra and all the people, customers and employees.
Shaun Huxford, who Tadd hired, is another one in the same mold. Hopefully, like Mark said this won't go deeper, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco