Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2023, 09:29 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Solar Panels

We have ordered a 2024 Cornerstone to our surprise it COST $$ MONEY to remove items we Don't need. As follows:
Solar panels, Don't dry camp
CENTRAL Vac system
We use a battery Dysen vac
Satellite Antenna
We have Internet On the Go
ENTEGRA is always removing Item to save money. So removing these items from standard & making them Optional would be a beter way to cut cost. One more thought. Get CLASS "A" RV Engineers and NOT TRAILER.
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2023, 09:36 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
If the dealer wants your business, have him foot the bill for removal
Old 04-18-2023, 09:36 AM   #3

How much was it?

We have those items and like you...don't use them. But then again them being there doesn't bother us. Probably good for resale.

I'd probably like my panels but there's something up with them I need to troubleshoot. Only getting a few amps on a sunny day.
Old 04-18-2023, 10:12 AM   #4

I have been saying that the Dirt Devil system in our coaches is a waste of money for several years and should be dropped from standard coach equipment. Instead, add a high end battery operated Dyson Vacuum. We bought a Dyson several years ago, and it has always been better and easier to use than dragging out all the Dirt Devil attachments and long hoses just to sweep carpets. I see no use for the in-house vacuum at all..... useless piece of anachronistic equipment !! We mounted our Dyson to the left side of the center closet support post of our rear closet. Perfect.

Smart Guy, that Tommy Townsend..... Oh, wait, maybe he read my previous suggestion on this forum....

If anyone wants my Dirt Devil stuff, its yours...

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 10:22 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Tommy, here is how it was explained to me when I was charged $750 to delete an item. That was the profit that would have been made if Entegra had sold that item. with the coach. It did not sound like a fair trade to me, but it had to do with their bottom line for each coach. I still do not agree with the practice. Soon it will have to change or a buyers will be priced out of the market for new coaches.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 11:21 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I have been saying that the Dirt Devil system in our coaches is a waste of money for several years and should be dropped from standard coach equipment. Instead, add a high end battery operated Dyson Vacuum. We bought a Dyson several years ago, and it has always been better and easier to use than dragging out all the Dirt Devil attachments and long hoses just to sweep carpets. I see no use for the in-house vacuum at all..... useless piece of anachronistic equipment !! We mounted our Dyson to the left side of the center closet support post of our rear closet. Perfect.
We've been a Dyson fan for years. Ours, too, is mounted in the rear closet.

I did, recently, purchase an LG CordZero™ A9 Cordless Stick Vacuum (https://www.lg.com/us/vacuum-cleaner...m-stick-vacuum) for the sticks & bricks. Very satisfied with that; quieter than the Dyson, excellent run-time (2 batteries) and great suction.

I do use the Dirt Devil, occasionally, when I have room on a site to park the toad close enough to reach with the dirt devil hose. I haven't found the Dyson to be good for vacuuming the car. The Dirt Devil does a good job of that.

Take care,
Stu
Old 04-18-2023, 06:54 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Tommy,

We don’t use solar, the dirt devil, or satellite. Like you we rarely dry camp, use a dyson, and stream tv.

When we ordered the 22 the solar was an option so we skipped it.

I kept the satellite dish and dirt devil. Not worth deleting and the next owner might want it.

I don’t agree with the logic of a customer having to pay to not have something. I get not giving you a credit by why not just not add something and keep customers happy.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 07:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem46 View Post
We have ordered a 2024 Cornerstone to our surprise it COST $$ MONEY to remove items we Don't need. As follows:
Solar panels, Don't dry camp
CENTRAL Vac system
We use a battery Dysen vac
Satellite Antenna
We have Internet On the Go
ENTEGRA is always removing Item to save money. So removing these items from standard & making them Optional would be a beter way to cut cost. One more thought. Get CLASS "A" RV Engineers and NOT TRAILER.
Your solar panels are NOT for the house batteries. They are ONLY for the chassis batteries. The panels are on there to prevent Entegra from having to replace batteries on new coaches that are not proprely maintained throughout the process of selling a coach.
Denie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 08:48 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denie View Post
Your solar panels are NOT for the house batteries. They are ONLY for the chassis batteries. The panels are on there to prevent Entegra from having to replace batteries on new coaches that are not proprely maintained throughout the process of selling a coach.
I certainly don't profess to be an expert, however, this is from the '18 Anthem Owner's Manual:

Solar panel(s) automatically produce 12-volt DC electricity when exposed to direct sunlight. Energy produced by the solar panel(s) is used to trickle charge the house auxiliary batteries.

It's my understanding that the Battery Isolation Manager (BIM) will periodically check the state of charge of the house and chassis batteries. IF the house batteries are adequately charged (the solar panels should contribute to the house battery state of charge), the BIM will connect the chassis batteries to the house batteries to keep the chassis batteries charged, as well.

That's how I understand the solar panel/house battery/chassis battery interface is supposed to work.

I do have 200 watts of factory installed solar panels (it was an option on my '18 Anthem). I routinely store my coach outdoors (full exposure to sun). I turn off the "salesman switch" when I leave it in storage. Even after an extended period of time (a few weeks to more than a month), when I return to the coach, I routinely find the house and chassis batteries with 12.6v - 12.8v state of charge.

Take care,
Stu
Old 04-19-2023, 04:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
I certainly don't profess to be an expert, however, this is from the '18 Anthem Owner's Manual:

Solar panel(s) automatically produce 12-volt DC electricity when exposed to direct sunlight. Energy produced by the solar panel(s) is used to trickle charge the house auxiliary batteries.

It's my understanding that the Battery Isolation Manager (BIM) will periodically check the state of charge of the house and chassis batteries. IF the house batteries are adequately charged (the solar panels should contribute to the house battery state of charge), the BIM will connect the chassis batteries to the house batteries to keep the chassis batteries charged, as well.

That's how I understand the solar panel/house battery/chassis battery interface is supposed to work.

I do have 200 watts of factory installed solar panels (it was an option on my '18 Anthem). I routinely store my coach outdoors (full exposure to sun). I turn off the "salesman switch" when I leave it in storage. Even after an extended period of time (a few weeks to more than a month), when I return to the coach, I routinely find the house and chassis batteries with 12.6v - 12.8v state of charge.

Take care,
Stu
This is what is now on the (well, mine at least) 2023. OP has was referring to a 2024 and I assume its the same still. Only reason I know the solar is for chassis only is that our 2023 was not getting output from the solar. Tech found a loose connection but the connection was at the chassis only. He called Entegra (I was standing next to him) and they said that solar is for chassis only and is not used to charge house batteries. But then again, I was also told my coach had Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Mitigation. However, someone forgot to enable those features...
The reason we were given for chassis solar only is that Entegra was having to replace too many chassis batteries on new coaches.
Denie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 05:31 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denie View Post
Your solar panels are NOT for the house batteries. They are ONLY for the chassis batteries. The panels are on there to prevent Entegra from having to replace batteries on new coaches that are not properly maintained throughout the process of selling a coach.
Exactly what I was told when I was at Entegra during my AIR. Entegra was having to replace too many batteries while on dealers lots. So larger solar panels, 200w to 320w? and for the starting batteries only. I shook my head on that one for the price the purchaser has to pay for a do nothing system after the coach is purchased. Personally, I would rewire it to the house bank. At $926,000 MSRP to replace my Cornerstone, my 21 has become my new "best coach". I still have not gotten over the $750 charge to remove an item in this coach.
Old 04-19-2023, 06:00 AM   #12

My Entegra solar charges both house and chassis batteries. The way it should be with a simple battery management system. Keeps ALL the batteries healthy.

Pretty sure I hear the combining relay in my coach click when clouds pass by a strong sun and the battery banks aren't near equal yet.

So far my experience with both Entegra customer service knowing what is in their coaches and even experienced techs at dealer repair shops doesn't give me warm and fuzzies that many understand these systems and more importantly how they are hooked up on different coaches.

To be fair, there are probably a mindboggling number of different ways they are hooked up.
Psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 06:12 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The 2022 Anthem Owner's Manual (https://www.entegracoach.com/uploads...or%20Rev_A.pdf) contains the same, verbatim, statement as my '18 Anthem Owner's Manual. The https://www.entegracoach.com/ Owner's Center website doesn't display an option for 2023 model year manuals and doesn't respond to queries for 2024 manuals.

I have no personal experience with the solar wiring on the newer coaches, just an observation that on my '18, the solar panels keep both my house and chassis batteries charged while in storage. I really don't see 200 watts as being of any significance for boondocking. I am, however, happy for the charge they provide while my coach is in storage.

Take care,
Stu
Old 04-19-2023, 06:19 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psneeld View Post
My Entegra solar charges both house and chassis batteries. The way it should be with a simple battery management system. Keeps ALL the batteries healthy..
From what was explained to me at Entegra, that all changed on the new models. No longer an option, larger panels to charge only the chassis batteries. However I am sure a new owner, once it leaves the dealers lot can change what batteries are charged.

My 21 sat on Entegra ready lot for 3 months not plugged in. One of the starting batteries was bad on delivery. Entegra has installed larger solar panels to the starting batteries to eliminate that.

Tags
panel, solar, solar panel, solar panels