Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2018, 01:29 PM   #29

The shower head (the end of the hose that sprays, whatever it is called) on ours seems to have three positions (none of which would be our preference): off, pulsing (massage in many small streams), and one concentrated strong stream (narrow and from the center)..... no pattern than is like a normal shower.... nice wide round spray pattern. Our whole shower arrangement is now very close to a polished brass color.

We always left our shower head mounted on its holder when we traveled and in 30,000 miles in the Anthem, it never fell or moved. We will have to see if that still is a possibility. Also, the shower head unit can rotate only about 45 degrees from spray straight out (horizontal) to spray about 45 degrees below horizontal. We shall see what needs to be changed. This looks very nice, but I am hoping it will hold itelf where it belong while we move.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2018, 01:54 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I just got done exploring the Cornerstones that are in residence at MHS and at NIRVC on the web and you are right, every one that I look at has the wooden seat in the shower.... I am not sure it is for sitting, but my guess is that it is for foot washing or shampoo holding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
When we asked why we didn't have a wooden shower seat - it's listed in the specs for the Aspire too - we were told it was only on specific models. It's on my list of stuff to ask the factory about when we get there this fall.
I spent some time looking at photos of the showers in 2019 Aspires, Anthems and Cornerstones on the Lazydays, MHSRV and NIRVC web sites. None of the Aspires had a shower seat but every single one of the Anthems and Cornerstones did.

Separately, I was in a 2019 45B Cornerstone at NIRVC in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. That coach has since sold, but I was impressed with the apparent strength of the seat. I’m guessing a person of just about any size could sit on it without any concern that it would detach from the wall. I’m not sure what it’s anchored to, but there was no “give” at all.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:03 PM   #31

Well, if it mounts where it is supposed to mount, I am told that it is definitely "not for sitting". It is mounted pretty low to the floor in those models where you see it mounted. Now, some may successfully be able to sit on it, but I am told that that is not its intention. You would almost be squatting down to get down to the seat.

Someone who owns a large dealership tells me that it is used primarily by women who want to prop up their feet to "shave their legs". Further, I am told that Newmar left it off of a whole year of their coaches and Newmar was inundated by angry women who were unhappy that they no longer had their place to rest their feet. I am only repeating what I was told so don't shoot the messenger.

If for no other reason, it would be good for cleaning feet and toes and would hold shampoo and other things while docked in an RV park and I fully intend to get one added.

Gary
Old 05-28-2018, 02:03 PM   #32

Quote:
The shower head (the end of the hose that sprays, whatever it is called) on ours seems to have three positions (none of which would be our preference): off, pulsing (massage in many small streams), and one concentrated strong stream (narrow and from the center)..... no pattern than is like a normal shower.... nice wide round spray pattern. Our whole shower arrangement is now very close to a polished brass color.

We always left our shower head mounted on its holder when we traveled and in 30,000 miles in the Anthem, it never fell or moved. We will have to see if that still is a possibility. Also, the shower head unit can rotate only about 45 degrees from spray straight out (horizontal) to spray about 45 degrees below horizontal. We shall see what needs to be changed. This looks very nice, but I am hoping it will hold itelf where it belong whike we move.

Gary
Gary, I’m relatively certain your shower fixtures are the same as we have in our 2018 45B Cornerstone. That being the case, the finish is what Delta calls Polished Nickel. It has a “goldish-chrome” look to it – not quite brass and not quite regular chrome.

Here are links to what we have:

Mixing Valve & Trim – https://www.deltafaucet.com/bathroom/product/T17097-PN

Slide Bar Hand Shower – https://www.deltafaucet.com/parts-pr...umber=51308-PN

Like you, we didn’t care for any of the three spray patterns on the handheld showerhead, which was why we replaced it with one from Moen that has more “normal” patterns. An added plus was that the Moen handheld showerhead we selected angles downward a bit more, so you can raise it up high and have the spray coming down right about where it should be.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:13 PM   #33

Larry

They seem to have shifted to Champagn Bronze I think. That does seem to be the system, and it appears that they assert that psychologically, their spray makes you think you are getting a fuller spray (and of course, it is better for you), while you are actually using less water..... hmmmmmmmmmm

Gary
Old 05-28-2018, 02:31 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
You will need to add the 30 degree fitting that delta sells for their Roman tubs. A plus is, it adds weight to it to help keep it in place while traveling. The minus is it’s $45.00!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EF923B12-CAF2-4EF1-AC70-8DF5254D11DB.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	204663  
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:31 PM   #35

Quote:
Well, if it mounts where it is supposed to mount, I am told that it is definitely "not for sitting". It is mounted pretty low to the floor in those models where you see it mounted. Now, some may successfully be able to sit on it, but I am told that that is not its intention. You would almost be squatting down to get down to the seat.

Someone who owns a large dealership tells me that it is used primarily by women who want to prop up their feet to "shave their legs". Further, I am told that Newmar left it off of a whole year of their coaches and Newmar was inundated by angry women who were unhappy that they no longer had their place to rest their feet. I am only repeating what I was told so don't shoot the messenger.

If for no other reason, it would be good for cleaning feet and toes and would hold shampoo and other things while docked in an RV park and I fully intend to get one added.

Gary
Gary, you’re right that the shower “seat” is mounted rather low. If you look at the photo included below, you’ll see the inset “niche” just below the mixing valve. In our 2018 CS, the bottom of that niche is 28 inches from the shower floor, and the shower in the photo appears to have the niche in the same location. The “seat” looks to be about halfway between the bottom of the niche and the floor, which would make it 14 inches or so above the floor. So you’re right that it’s not exactly optimal for sitting.

To be clear, I didn’t mean to imply anyone would want to sit on it; just that it appeared stout enough to support plenty of weight if someone decided to give it a try!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2019 Entegra Cornerstone 45B Shower Seat-Lazydays.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	204666  
Old 05-28-2018, 03:04 PM   #36

From the picture The shower seat looks to be roughly at the same height as the toilet seat. If that’s the case wouldn’t the toilet seat also be too low?
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:07 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, as for the shower spray. We just remodeled the S&B master bath where I went through three different Delta shower heads in Champagne Bronze before getting one that we liked https://www.lowes.com/pd/Delta-Linde...cet/1000038203

Is this 19 this color? If so, it is different than what we saw at Perry.

After trial and error there are several flow restrictors that can be removed. Removing them all was to many, I think I wound up putting 2 back and pleased with the spray pattern leaving one out.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:09 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
From the picture The shower seat looks to be roughly at the same height as the toilet seat. If that’s the case wouldn’t the toilet seat also be too low?
The toilet seat in the aft bath of our 45B is 17 & 1/2 inches above the floor. I'll measure one of those shower seats the next time I'm over at NIRVC's Phoenix facility (a grueling nine-mile drive from our house), but I'm pretty sure the shower seat is lower than the toilet seat.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:58 PM   #39

Congrats on the new coach, Gary.

We purchased a cutting board thru NIRVC that is a Entegra add-on from their store (like a coffee cup or a throw blanket). It fits over the induction cooktop with some corners to keep it there, is a nice cutting board, and isn't too heavy. It stores vertical on the floor between the pantry and the kitchen cabinets very nicely when you're not driving and want to use the stove.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/ente...rd-384166.html
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:57 AM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, what finish is the shower fixture? I want to order the part Nowabeachbum suggested.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:21 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
If needed, get one of these Teak benches. It looks bigger, but about the same size as the shower bench was in your 2015. I have this one in our S&B. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0116.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	204711
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:52 AM   #42

Well, I am going to try a few pictures again.... hasnt worked in the past but here goes.

My eyes must be playing tricks on me. the fixtures in the master bath seems a clear brassish sort of finish until I decided to try to take a picture of them this morning and then they looked more chrome. I am beginning to believe that they are what Larry described....somewhere between chrome and brass. The shower head seems very much more polished chrome but the sink and bath vanity fixtures seem more brassy but when I take pictures of them again, they seem less brassy and more "chromey". Im going to go with Larry's opinion..

Here are the pix.... Damn, once again, they are upside down and I held the camera oriented 180 degrees rotated from the way I tried last time.

Maybe someone can pass me the secret to how to get an iPhone picture right side up..... its worth 3 fingers of whatever you drink when we next meet....

Gary
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cornerstone Shower Head Color.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	204716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cornerstone Bathroom Fixtures vanity.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	204717